When does a child get adult's Crown & Anchor status update?

drrich2

From the C&A rules:
"Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their
parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned
by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700
Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or
significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a
relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other."

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

So what about the OPs question?   Do kids match the parents status when it changes to diamond (even if the kid doesn’t cruise again after the parents status change)?

Someone must know the small print in this tricky one?   

This is the entire small print from the C&A Rules: 

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other
family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status;
however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and
calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle
Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their
parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned
by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700
Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be
taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday
date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from
a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status
outside of this time period, the dependent's record will be adjusted back to the
appropriate tier status."
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Already been answered by a few people that shared their direct experiences

Seems like no one knew the exact policy and I have definitely experienced enough IT inconsistencies to not assume one or two personal experiences implies it is the  policy.   

On 2/11/2022 at 10:25 AM, topnole said:

So what about the OPs question?   Do kids match the parents status when it changes to diamond (even if the kid doesn’t cruise again after the parents status change)?

Answered several times.

But Yes, the child changes, except if parent(s) make Pin, children do not get Pin.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

We can talk. 😄

I honestly never thought that it would be within my reach, but that double points promo on top of my single status combined with my vow to treat myself this year has me going from D (113) in November 2021 to D+ (583) in January 2023... and that's only if I don't add any more cruises this year, and @Ourusualbeach will confirm it's highly unlikely that I won't add more cruises.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:25 AM, topnole said:

The answer is yes. As long as they are under 18 years old, and have a C&A account, then they carry the same loyalty status as their parents or legal guardians whether they sail with them on a particular cruise or not.

We had legal guardianship of a minor child (long story), and he became diamond as soon as we did even though he hadn't sailed with us in 2-3 years. He turned 18 before we achieved D+, so he's now stuck at Diamond until he gets his own total to 175.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, brillohead said:

I honestly never thought that it would be within my reach, but that double points promo on top of my single status combined with my vow to treat myself this year has me going from D (113) in November 2021 to D+ (583) in January 2023... and that's only if I don't add any more cruises this year, and @Ourusualbeach will confirm it's highly unlikely that I won't add more cruises.

Wow, I was happy I was going from making D on my last cruise, to making D+ this year, assuming both cruises happen.

You are so close, I am surprised you did not book a couple more with double points, in a suite. 😄

Are you single????  😄 😄

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SRF said:

You are so close, I am surprised you did not book a couple more with double points, in a suite. 😄

I can only book as many as I do because I go for the cheap rooms, typically an inside.  Plus I wasn't sure what my employment situation was going to be like this year (still not sure, for that matter).  I'm thankful to not have to worry about it for a while.

I'm not just about the points, although the free bag of laundry is helpful because I am doing all B2B/S2S bundles to save money on flights and hotels and Ubers and meals.  So with the free bag of laundry, I can send my shorts, undies, socks, etc., to be washed every week and it's that much less I have to pack.

My big goal was to get to 340pts to get the single supplement, which I will reach in my April/May bundle.  I wanted to achieve that in time to be able to reprice my October bundle, which has now expanded to be my Oct/Nov bundle.  Every time I get a price drop, I end up turning around and putting the "savings" into another cruise.  Poor @Ourusualbeach probably has a special ring tone alert on his email so he can take a shot of something before opening an email from me!

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Are you single????  😄 😄

Yep, been there/done that, and not gonna make that mistake again unless it's for MY benefit!!!  LOL

14 hours ago, SRF said:

Hmm, what can I do to convince you??????? 🙂

Like I said, it's gotta be for MY benefit... I still need to pay for 117 points worth of cruising to hit Pinnacle.

So if you wanna be my sugar daddy with no expectation of receiving any sugar, we can talk! 🤣

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Like I said, it's gotta be for MY benefit... I still need to pay for 117 points worth of cruising to hit Pinnacle.

So if you wanna be my sugar daddy with no expectation of receiving any sugar, we can talk! 🤣

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

My boys sailed before turning 18. I was Gold when one aged out. Then I was Platinum when another aged out. So that is where they sat. My 14 year old is Diamond but those are her points.

We are cruising now. The two that aged out will now both be Platinum but now on their points. I'm sure that the 14 year old will be Diamond+ by the time she ages out. 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, Anton said:

From the C&A rules:
relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other."

What are the criterias for a significant other?

Girlfriend/boyfriend? A good friend? A good friend with benefits..? A common adress can't be necessary? or even if, how could Royal know?

I am wondering if a friend of any kind then could cruise with a gold member that is Diamond + and then the friend would get the higher status? If claiming to be a significant other of course.

Just curious if theoretically this would work.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ustasmom said:

So when a child turns 18, their status remains but does the point total revert from my total to their actual total? Or does it freeze at that number and then move on from there? 

They never had your points at any time, only their own points but your status. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drrich2 said:

They never had your points at any time, only their own points but your status. 

That isn't the way the accounts read for two of my children. My 14 year old's account shows my point number and status. She is now the same status with her own earned points, but her points show my total. Another child turned 18 recently. So he had my status and point count from when he turned 18.  We recently cruised and the point count continued on and did not reset.

But, my older son's account has his points and status just that, his points and status. He definitely had more points a few years ago.

That being said, my daughter's point count was wrong a few months ago. When I asked about it, they were actually seeing one number and her account was showing an entirely different number. But when cruise points were rewarded they got everything straighten out on her account.