The Daily for Friday 02/11/2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, kazu said:

No, I don’t sadly.  When I click share I don’t have print as an option.  If I click on the photo in the Daily, I get this (share doesn’t give me the option to print)

7A664F7F-D7DE-4025-91F2-2B73A6139058.thumb.png.f78b04a9a6a921172822bbe47e211f48.png

And if I click on my photo in my album I get this (along with the option to message which I edited out).

4EEC26C6-DB5A-428D-9295-8E5E996F6193.thumb.jpeg.205e1579e8bbc31eb3927b49265b632a.jpeg

scrolling right there is not print.  I have no idea why.  The only way I have been able to print in the past is to email myself and print the email which isn’t idea

I’m baffled.  I might have to call my techie friend if I don’t get anywhere with Jose’s Ipad.  Mine isn’t that old - 6th gen but his is newer.  Maybe there’s something in settings?  Will play.  Thanks.

Kazu- I suspect print’s not available because you are viewing the picture on the web. It’s not on your device. How about this:

1) choose “add to photos” so the picture downloads to the iPad.

2) Go to Photos, tap on the photo, then on the print button.

C1766DAF-61DA-46E5-86C7-F2B8C69692DA.png.33b3e60f56e31590532aca33fbd73db5.png

12E84A33-55F6-482E-9A03-8AA1536CB17D.jpeg

8CF8CFF1-026B-4FED-8B1B-9B6650040E25.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 3

In reality I dont know how to post pictures here.  DH said he would, and I got my camera out.  Then it said change batteries, so I did, and then it said the same thing, so i did again, and then it said the same thing, and I gave up.  Had to be at the docs.  Carrielynn loved hers so much, she ordered two necklaces for her children.  Some day I will learn how to post pictures, but today was not one of them.

I left a note for the puppy's mommy about her to work from home today, as i couldnt walk the dog, and DH said he never saw her car last night when he came in, and it wasn't there this morning, so I will go see the dog, before we pick up our friends for the concert-CHow for now!

• Like 23

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning everyone.  Thank you for the list Rich.

Just have a lot to get ready in order to be away six weeks,.

I have a question for those who are away for that period of time.  How do you handle the mail?

We can have it held at the PO for 30 days but this is longer.

Don’t have kids or family to help us out so we are in a quandary on this situation.  Any suggestions are welcome.

I was gone about 60 days this last time. Usually I take my request to hold my mail in and have a chat about my trip. They just put, hold until picked up. But I am at a small post office so don't know how it works in a big city.

• Like 18

Just now, lindaler said:

I was gone about 60 days this last time. Usually I take my request to hold my mail in and have a chat about my trip. They just put, hold until picked up. But I am at a small post office so don't know how it works in a big city.

Thanks for your help.  We don’t live in a big city. I will try your suggestion. 

Terri

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I have a question for those who are away for that period of time.  How do you handle the mail?

We can have it held at the PO for 30 days but this is longer.

Don’t have kids or family to help us out so we are in a quandary on this situation.  Any suggestions are welcome.

@Cruzin Terri Check with your post office. You have to go in and talk with them as you can only do 30 days on line. For six weeks we would let them deliver for two weeks through our door mail slot, then put in a hold for the next 30 days. We don’t want it all through the door slot or we wouldn’t be able to open the door! Of course this doesn’t work if you have delivery put in an outside box. 

Also you might check to see if you can rent a PO Box at the station for a short term. They might be willing to do so if they have some available. Hope these suggestions help. Haven’t read further in the Daily yet so these may be repeats. Have a great cruise. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Cruzin Terrigood to hear you have an appointment coming up.  About your mail situation, there are three ways to handle it.  First, sometimes people ask a good neighbor to pick it up each day for them.  We only do that if we're gone a couple of days and are expecting a package.  The second way is to go to the Post Office and ask to speak to the supervisor, explain your situation being gone 6 weeks, and sometimes they make an exception and write out a hold mail form that spans your entire trip. Our PO has done this quite a few times for us.  If they say no absolutely nothing over 30 days, go to plan 3.  Pick up some of the yellow hold mail cards at the desk in the PO.  I use the PO website first to hold mail for the first 30 days.  Nowadays they require you to sign up with an email and password to hold mail because they want to keep people from just randomly going online and stopping anybody's mail.  Once you have the first 30 days held, you ask them to deliver it.  At that point my next door neighbors retrieve my mail, and the following day they put a yellow hold mail card in my mailbox that I have filled out for the remainder of my trip.  In your case another 10 or 11 days.  That way all mail was held for you.  If you don't have a nice neighbor that you trust to do this for you, I don't have any further ideas.  Try to find someone to help you out is all I can say.  Good luck!

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will see what I can do.  I will talk to the supervisor first and see if they will hold it for an extra 11 days. That would be the easiest.  If not, we will go to our trusty neighbor as an alternative.  Hate to ask him as he has a disabled wife.

Grateful for the suggestions.

Terri

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Suslor said:

@Cruzin Terri Check with your post office. You have to go in and talk with them as you can only do 30 days on line. For six weeks we would let them deliver for two weeks through our door mail slot, then put in a hold for the next 30 days. We don’t want it all through the door slot or we wouldn’t be able to open the door! Of course this doesn’t work if you have delivery put in an outside box. 

Also you might check to see if you can rent a PO Box at the station for a short term. They might be willing to do so if they have some available. Hope these suggestions help. Haven’t read further in the Daily yet so these may be repeats. Have a great cruise. 

Don’t have a door slot.  Mail box at the end of the street.  We are going to go and have a chat with the supervisor and see what we can do.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Terri

• Like 15

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily. Happy Friday!

Don't cry over spilled milk is good advice. Inventors are important. I've made new friends here on the Daily!

Great quote. Pass on the meal (fish). Maybe on the drink, but yes to the Malbec.

I haven't been to Fiji.

It's going to be quite warm here today, up to 52F, then a cold front will come through. No plans for today, other than tidying up around the house. I got my tax papers together last night, so they'll go off to the accountant.

@kazu Safe travels to the hospital and prayers for Jose (and Marley). If your printer isn't on your wireless network you might not see it from your tablet.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you got an appointment to address your hand issues. Maybe get a PO box? 

@marshhawk The necklaces sound very nice. Pics please! Good luck with your appointment.

@smitty34877 Thank you for another wonderful picture of Miss Camilla. Those eyes!

@grapau27 You two are living your best lives!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from sunny, breezy Quartzsite.  

I like all the days, and know I've made new friends here.  DH is an inventor of sorts since he developed a software program that no one else has come close to replicating in 40 years.  Over the years when something new has come on the market, DH has commented he'd thought of it years ago, but didn't have time to work on it.

I like the Thomas Edison quote.

We'll pass on the meal as I don't care for salted fish or hard boiled eggs.  The drink doesn't sound bad, but it seems a waste of a good Riesling.  I've had many Malbecs on BHBs over the years.

We have been to Fuji, but not to today's port.

I think we've just about have everything lined up for our upcoming cruise in March.  All that remains is making a reservation at the parking lot in San Diego and finding a testing place that won't turn into a three ring circus like last November.

@kazu  Jacqui, IIRC, you said Marley is on blood pressure medicine in addition to the kidney diet.  If the medicine has HCT as a component then he is also getting a diuretic.  If that's the case, it could be why he can't (and you can't) sleep through the night.  Love the memes.

@mamaofami  Carol, nice that the administrator was able to help you with the tax forms.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Safe travels to Palm Springs.  I guess BHBs don't go there as they might run aground on a sandbar.  🤣 

@smitty34877  Another good picture of Camilla.   She certainly is taking everything in.

@dobiemom  Glad you are enjoying your visit in Florida. Safe travels home.

@grapau27  Enjoy your get away.  We won't tell Pauline you told until you get home.  😉

@marshhawk  The necklaces sound lovely and sorry we won't be able to see pictures.

@Cruzin Terri  Sorry, I can't help with the mail problem.  Early on, one of our neighbors would get our mail.  Now, since we have two houses and travel a lot, we us a mail forwarding service who holds our mail while we are gone.  I agree about talking to a supervisor at the PO.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning all. I have finished my second cup of coffee and the Daily. Perfect timing.  Thanks Rich for all the information you get in your first post. Thanks Roy for caring about us so much that you keep straight all of our sorrows and joys and list them each day. I may live alone but feel like I have lots of new friends here on the Daily. Love the picture of the sweetest girl. I hope the roads are good and you get to see Jose today. From what I understand, if you get carnations from a store, the new variety is bred to have less smell. I look forward to seeing the necklaces, they sound beautiful. Today I may even break out a jigsaw puzzle to start, since my sister will be flying away to visit her daughter and that means no long phone conversations for the next few days. I miss that. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends and happy Friday!  I was glad to see Julia @JAM37say she would be 77F today up in the Georgia mountains, so checked our forecast here south of Atlanta and we will be "only" 68F!  Odd weather!  Pretty good group of days to celebrate.  Make a friend day is all of us here on the Daily, making friends left and right.  National inventors day is a worthy celebration.  My son and a colleague or two invented a special low power computer chip so tiny you can barely see it and that has been a cause of celebration on many fronts.  Don't cry over spilled milk reminds me to try to be positive even after setbacks.  The recipe for today is quite interesting.  I would give it a try.  We haven't been to Fiji yet, but would love to.  Rich @richwmnthanks as always for the Daily.  Roy @rafinmdthe Care and Celebration lists are appreciated.  Prayers were said today for all of us, listed or not.  Cheers to so many getting back on cruise ships, and the other good news coming our way.

@Cruzin Terrigood to hear you have an appointment coming up.  About your mail situation, there are three ways to handle it.  First, sometimes people ask a good neighbor to pick it up each day for them.  We only do that if we're gone a couple of days and are expecting a package.  The second way is to go to the Post Office and ask to speak to the supervisor, explain your situation being gone 6 weeks, and sometimes they make an exception and write out a hold mail form that spans your entire trip. Our PO has done this quite a few times for us.  If they say no absolutely nothing over 30 days, go to plan 3.  Pick up some of the yellow hold mail cards at the desk in the PO.  I use the PO website first to hold mail for the first 30 days.  Nowadays they require you to sign up with an email and password to hold mail because they want to keep people from just randomly going online and stopping anybody's mail.  Once you have the first 30 days held, you ask them to deliver it.  At that point my next door neighbors retrieve my mail, and the following day they put a yellow hold mail card in my mailbox that I have filled out for the remainder of my trip.  In your case another 10 or 11 days.  That way all mail was held for you.  If you don't have a nice neighbor that you trust to do this for you, I don't have any further ideas.  Try to find someone to help you out is all I can say.  Good luck!

@kazuJacqui, thanks for your memes today.  So sorry about the early wake up calls.  Maybe sit Marley down and have a serious face to face talk, asking him to let his Mom sleep later because you're very tired.  🐶  Seriously, dogs seem to understand people talk from what I can tell!  I hope your visit today with Jose is a good one.  Be careful on the roads!

@cat shepardAnn love the animal series memes too.  The man and dog wearing shirts with each other's photos on them is hilarious.  Thanks for the smiles and laughs.

@Horizon chaser 1957safe travels today.  I bet you can't wait to get to Palm Springs.😎

@mamaofamigreat to hear some good news about your new friend (how appropriate for today) the administrator who guided you through printing your paperwork.  Now that doesn't have to weigh on your mind.  

@smitty34877Terry what a sweet picture of Camilla.  Her hair is so dark and thick looking.  Thank you for posting it.  

@marshhawkIt would be nice to see your necklace photos as everyone else has said.  

@Overhead Fredsorry to hear about the Nieuw Statendam debacle with the azipods.  Hope to hear you have a new plan soon.  However I am happy to hear the Nieuw Amsterdam will have some passengers on it coming up this weekend.  We want things to get back to normal, not go backwards.

Have a great Friday everybody!

Sandi, I am so sorry I gave you false hope because I am in Florida.

• Like 10
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

10-11 cruise 332.JPG

Just  to  say  thank  you  for  the  photos.                 

Jim.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

@kazuwhen you open your photo on your ipad, use the page/arrow icon at the top of the page.  Then when the page opens up, scroll down past the Copy Photo button.  Towards the bottom of the page should be the print button.

OMG - colour me stupid!  Now, I get it.  I didn’t realize there was anything below the copy button and to scroll.  OMG.  Just tested and it worked fine!  

THANK YOU!!!!

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Hmm.  What happens when you hold down CMD and hit the P key?

Brings up the command to print fine but as soon as I chose the printer the picture being printed went blank.  Problem solved now though.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!   

Right now we have wonderful sunshine.  Rain will be moving in later this morning and we're supposed to have rain the rest of the day.  But, it is supposed to get up to 45F.  Maybe some of this snow will melt.  I have the pool this morning and then the grocery store.   

Today's meal is Portuguese cod, potatoes, and onions.   Sounds good to me.  

This simple yet satisfying Portuguese dish is attributed to Gomes de Sá, the son of a 19th-century cod merchant; legend has it that he developed this casserole while working in Restaurante Lisbonense in downtown Porto.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/bacalhau-gomes-de-sa

1983307617_bacalhauagomesdesa2.jpg.56cd45701bc132f7976ef7a565e1c322.jpg

Bacalhau – a popular Portuguese dish made with salt cod, potatoes, onions, hard boiled eggs, olives and olive oil – is traditionally served on Good Friday, but easy enough to be enjoyed all year round!

https://www.oliviascuisine.com/bacalhau-a-gomes-de-sa/

bacalhau-a-gomes-de-sa-683x1024.thumb.jpg.d0715fdb0e7888f814e78eb91797d0ef.jpg

I like the seasonings in this next one.   http://portuguesediner.com/tiamaria/bacalhau-gomes-sa/

284875184_bacalhau-a-gomes-de-sa3.jpg.5dadcf391c785278e00e142b0dcc3c04.jpg

Prayers for those in need and cheers to those who are celebrating.   Wishing you all a wonderful day.  As @summer slope Dixie said, I consider you all my friends.   Enjoy!

I was wracking my brain to figure out why this was sounding so tempting.  We’ve had that in Madeira and it’s delicious.  

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

Spoke to my PCC last night.  Testing at the port is now required for Panama Canal cruises in addition to the test two days prior to the cruise.  We're using the  BinaxNow proctored test tonight.  Hope we are able to successfully take and pass🤞 the test.  Flying to West Palm for a brief visit with my niece tomorrow.  Anxious to see how time consuming the board process is when they have to test everyone on Sunday.

Panama is very fussy because of the number that need to board when you go through the canal.  Good luck with the testing!

3 hours ago, superoma said:

Is your printer an air printer? If not, that might be the reason you don’t see print. iPad is not seeing the device. If it is, then I am as baffled as you are. Good luck. @POA1where are you?

Not an apple air printer but it is a wifi printer and my Ipads are all connected to it easily.  Problem is solved now.

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

But the CMD-P prompt should still bring up the option to print and choose a device.

It did let me choose the device but once I did the picture being printed went blank

After the command:

8CA95AAF-CCA4-4323-A497-006ED9183D01.thumb.png.a5cc93d28835b6674d7ecc93bb44fd1a.png

And once I selected the printer

ED575557-3106-401B-8D61-7EA2132B4D45.thumb.png.9a16dec461415a04856d83d89f2ee5c8.png

Weird.  Fortunately I finally found print thanks to @summer slope’s instructions.

2 hours ago, superoma said:

How do you get command p on an iPad?

I have a blue tooth keyboard for my ipads.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@kazu a question - do you have a PC at home that you can email the photos to yourself and print them off there?  Failing that, I know someone who has a printer and an email address (points to moi self) who could print them off for you and pop them in the mail.

thanks for the kind offer.  I do have a laptop (my spread sheets depend on it 😉 ) so if push came to shove I could do that.

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Kazu- I suspect print’s not available because you are viewing the picture on the web. It’s not on your device. How about this:

1) choose “add to photos” so the picture downloads to the iPad.

THEN

2) Go to Photos, tap on the photo, then on the print button.

C1766DAF-61DA-46E5-86C7-F2B8C69692DA.png.33b3e60f56e31590532aca33fbd73db5.png

7C2FA2E2-9018-457F-BC94-E686F267DAF6.jpeg

F38D22B8-0F98-41F2-A1D8-44B709F7949B.jpeg

Thanks kindly - that was the button I was using but stupid me didn’t know to scroll below copy.

47 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu  Jacqui, IIRC, you said Marley is on blood pressure medicine in addition to the kidney diet.  If the medicine has HCT as a component then he is also getting a diuretic.  If that's the case, it could be why he can't (and you can't) sleep through the night.  Love the memes.

Thanks.  I was wondering if the blood pressure med could be causing it.  It’s started after his dose was doubled.  I will either have to start going to bed very early or let him out at night very late, I guess. 😉 

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME. ♥️ 

• Like 26

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

You can bet I won't tell her you let the cat out of the bag, as the old saying goes.  My lips are sealed!  Looks like a nice place to relax.

Thank you Sandi.

A former UK insurance loss adjuster told Pauline through work never to post on social media when you are away because they check this if you put a claim in.

Nice dinner booked for tonight.

Graham.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, superoma said:

@kazu colour ME stupid-I never once thought of a Bluetooth keyboard attached to an iPad for the command shortcut since I don’t use them! So glad it worked out for you. I may have to consider a keyboard, seems they can be useful.

Cmd + p didn’t work for the photos but I am a 10 finger typist and like my keyboard - so all the Ipads have always had keyboards.  They work great.  

Plus their protective covers help protect the Ipad from a bad fall (and I have had that happen a few times 😉 )

• Like 12