Europe Summer Sails Vaccine Requirements

Entry to the Netherlands or Italy requires a third shot booster be completed within  270 days of entry or you must have a fourth shot.

So, my Jewel 7/2-14 sail requires my booster must be after Oct 17, 2022,  which it is not, therefore, I need a fourth shot to get in the Netherlands.

Am I reading these requirements right ?

Do others have this same issue where your third shot, booster, is now not enough for some European country entry ?

stay safe all

Phil

It's impossible to know right now as things are changing over here on an almost daily basis. I don't understand your sail date; is it July? If so we're way too far out to have any idea what the situation will be by then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Who knows what the rules will be next week, let alone July. 🤷‍♀️
Hoping Europe drops all these test requirements like England has. 

Are the CIs also dropping testing requirements for visitors from the mainland?

As others have said above , its impossible to know at this stage.

We are 12 weeks out from our odyssey cruise from Rome (the first Odyssey European cruise) and I am not even thinking about testing etc until way nearer the sail date. Too much can change between now and then.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

As others have said above , its impossible to know at this stage.

We are 12 weeks out from our odyssey cruise from Rome (the first Odyssey European cruise) and I am not even thinking about testing etc until way nearer the sail date. Too much can change between now and then.

We sail at the end of September on a 9 night cruise on Odyssey and again will wait to see what the protocols are before we start to worry what we need to do. Changing all the time, we are double jabbed with a booster. 

As others have said it is too early to know what the requirements are going to be for this summer.   

If you plan on a pre or post cruise stay you will have to follow whatever the rules are for that country, plus the cruise line requirements.  You should know your protocols within 30 days of your sail date.

Royal will probably release their protocols for european sailings about 30 days before the first sailing.  Even then they may change depending on where the world is then with covid variants.

• Like 1

You will need to check the rquirements closer to your travel date, let's see how things evolve over the next few months but likely 1-2 months beofre your trip you might have a better direction where we are heading but what you will actually will need likely will only be known 1-2 weeks before your trip if situation remains stable and continues to improve.

9 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

You will need to check the rquirements closer to your travel date, let's see how things evolve over the next few months but likely 1-2 months beofre your trip you might have a better direction where we are heading but what you will actually will need likely will only be known 1-2 weeks before your trip if situation remains stable and continues to improve.

I one needs a booster and 2 weeks plus for it to count, 1-2 weeks before the trip is a bit late to know what is needed.  Hopefully things change sooner.  

By the summer it will all change. There is no way italy will continue those rules as by may onwards very few people will be within the 180/270 days. Most esp here in uk had their booster in dec 2021. We have a cruise out of revanna in Aug. 

Annoying having to wait till 30 days before you go but is what it is. 

Just a heads up spain changed their rules on UK kids within a week of setting them. Due to people cancelling and rebooking for other countries.

Also being english i always have to double check the way our US cousins write the date. Eg month, day, year rather then most of the world of day, month, year. Does make me smile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Also being english i always have to double check the way our US cousins write the date. Eg month, day, year rather then most of the world of day, month, year. Does make me smile.

In my line of work we do it the European way for official documentation...and then in my non-work life it's the US way. 🤪 Same with metric system vs. imperial system...

1 minute ago, atxcarter said:

In my line of work we do it the European way for official documentation...and then in my non-work life it's the US way. 🤪 Same with metric system vs. imperial system...

I know what you mean when we deploy with US forces its gets a little confusing at times. But its all fun

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:57 PM, Ashland said:

We sail from Amsterdam in late July (Arctic Circle). I haven't even heard that 2nd boosters are even available yet here in the US.

They aren’t where we live! I thought they were advising against 2nd boosters? (4th shot) 

Hoping changes are coming for the good before our June Rome sailing. At present The Vatican is requiring a booster within 6 months… we won’t qualify in June! 🤞🏻for changes to testing and booster dates! 

On 2/12/2022 at 3:44 AM, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Entry to the Netherlands or Italy requires a third shot booster be completed within  270 days of entry or you must have a fourth shot.

So, my Jewel 7/2-14 sail requires my booster must be after Oct 17, 2022,  which it is not, therefore, I need a fourth shot to get in the Netherlands.

Am I reading these requirements right ?

Do others have this same issue where your third shot, booster, is now not enough for some European country entry ?

stay safe all

Phil

Hi- no, you're good with 1 booster. You also need a negative test. The 270 days is for people who haven't had a booster yet. They haven't set an expiration date for boosters.

But the problem you'll have at least right now is not getting into the Netherlands, but getting into museums, restaurants, etc-  that requires an EU digital vaccine certificate or a negative test performed in the EU within 24 hours. So daily testing if you want to do anything in the Netherlands. Italy is a little more chill. There doesn't seem to be any good way for a US citizen to get the DCC- they don't accept our CDC cards or the state health dept QR codes as proof. But hopefully by summer that will change. We're also sailing from the Netherlands and I'm watching the rules very closely! Next planned update for Amsterdam rules about museums etc is March 8 I think.

59 minutes ago, akb5k said:

We're also sailing from the Netherlands and I'm watching the rules very closely! Next planned update for Amsterdam rules about museums etc is March 8 I think.

Thanks much for your resourceful info!  We're booked on the Jewel TA to Amsterdam on Apr 29th and the following sailing. Hope we'll be able to enjoy our time there with few restrictions.

Traveling these past few years has required being very nimble and ready for constant change.  Last summer Iceland changed their vaccine requirements less than a week before our flight and few days after being in their country the mask mandate became more restrictive.  There may also be country requirements for passenger locator forms, which vary depending on your mode of travel.  We have been using this official EU website to keep up with each country and their changing requirements.  https://reopen.europa.eu/en