Not Homer’s Odyssey - semi live Odyssey of the Seas

Tree_skier

So, C & A desk is so overwhelmed, wait times over an hour and cut off twice!  Trying to find out if the Thermal Suites are being offered for couples? The website will not give a rate when prompted! Do you have any info on daily mail or any staff promoting around the spa?    

Thanks....sailing 2/26.

42 minutes ago, LakeLureGuy said:

So, C & A desk is so overwhelmed, wait times over an hour and cut off twice!  Trying to find out if the Thermal Suites are being offered for couples? The website will not give a rate when prompted! Do you have any info on daily mail or any staff promoting around the spa?    

Thanks....sailing 2/26.

If I get a chance I’ll drop by there this afternoon and ask for you. 

• Like 1

So a fun excursion today. Bus tour to a lighthouse followed by semi submerged boat that let you see a wreck and a bunch of fish then closing out at the he natural bridge. 

6E36D227-A2B1-4C42-B2CF-E263D3AC4D9F.thumb.jpeg.a4c6eef1b0cd47dea4d5d169984042b4.jpeg

2D472238-AC54-40DE-B21F-E6E2D119D8AA.thumb.jpeg.2ca1b71aa381b65c32f6f0f77c63a8bb.jpeg

4B4AAE1D-662D-4235-83CF-07E1A17B83E6.thumb.jpeg.6f9bdd2e8e3dee80675cc37bf5ac5d8f.jpeg

3FE5BC84-36FD-4C31-B96A-E40AC08484F3.thumb.jpeg.1f0d17d487f6d9b3886a27fe444287f8.jpeg

023A971E-7BF9-43E8-B028-3917A82AF837.thumb.jpeg.8d92b10ca544f506acd5fad9f62fba0f.jpeg

E1E7F6F9-9F76-4E05-9762-8D438553D513.thumb.jpeg.f200a9ac67ef48f9ab24fbf5a366772b.jpeg

A little lunch in the Windjammer and now just waiting for classic rock trivia 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Switched from the Aniston Iced Teas to the planters punch. 

going to enjoy the pool deck for the afternoon. F0127363-642B-45D4-9D1D-289A55FBD41D.thumb.jpeg.f97d4520f3901b82695d0bcb4d93f742.jpeg

Good looking drink right there!!  Nice bit of foam on the top to know its well shaken!!  Enjoy, and tack another 13.00 plus tip onto your side of the score sheet.

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So a fun excursion today. Bus tour to a lighthouse followed by semi submerged boat that let you see a wreck and a bunch of fish then closing out at the he natural bridge. 

6E36D227-A2B1-4C42-B2CF-E263D3AC4D9F.thumb.jpeg.a4c6eef1b0cd47dea4d5d169984042b4.jpeg

Was the lighthouse open and, if so, did you climb to the top? I have not been back to Aruba since it was reopened. I love lighthouses and climbing them.

On 2/16/2022 at 7:16 AM, bobmacliberty said:

That would last me about 30 seconds at a craps table!

I've uttered the words "If I'd just lit that money on fire, it'd have been more exciting losing it and it'd probably have lasted longer."

In the Sports Bar, are there pool or shuffleboard tables?  My company makes few that I've seen on board and want to see if we're representing on a newer ship.  We also tend to have air hockey on older ships' arcades though not so much on the newer ones.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Good looking drink right there!!  Nice bit of foam on the top to know its well shaken!!  Enjoy, and tack another 13.00 plus tip onto your side of the score sheet.

Thanks for the tip. I quite enjoyed it. It will be a regular part of my future 😳

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was the lighthouse open and, if so, did you climb to the top? I have not been back to Aruba since it was reopened. I love lighthouses and climbing them.

It was open and you could climb it but I didn’t. My knee is simply not healing and the climb would have taken it out completely. Surgery appears to be my only hope at this point. Maybe in the summer when I have more time. 

I was tempted though. I think I could have gotten some great pics from there. 

5 hours ago, alohayall said:

Thanks for the submergible shore excursion photos - I’m booked on it in March.

And thank you for the review.

Where were you docked in Curaçao? 

I honestly have no idea. It was my first time there and so I wouldn’t have known if there was anywhere else to dock.

Yesterday was another Teppanyaki night. After that we went to the Windjammer for ice cream. Mostly just sat around and relaxed after that. 

Today it will more of the same. Just eating, drinking and relaxing.   I’m thinking playmakers for lunch but we’ll see what the boss wants.

were starting the day with Bloody Mary’s. We’ll be switching to Planters Punch soon and then maybe those Boston Iced Teas after that. Possibly throwing in a BBC for dessert after lunch. 

score by the end of last night. 

497-360

I now have an insurmountable lead. Answering once and for all the oft asked question on cruise critic… Is the drink package worth it. 

Absolutely!

443B661F-46F4-40CA-8D54-2DF388A859CA.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

In the Sports Bar, are there pool or shuffleboard tables?  My company makes few that I've seen on board and want to see if we're representing on a newer ship.  We also tend to have air hockey on older ships' arcades though not so much on the newer ones

I’ll take a look at lunch. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I now have an insurmountable lead. Answering once and for all the oft asked question on cruise critic… Is the drink package worth it. 

Congratulations! There was never a doubt.  Unfortunately, as a Bills fan, I start to twitch when someone mentions an insurmountable lead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations! There was never a doubt.  Unfortunately, as a Bills fan, I start to twitch when someone mentions an insurmountable lead.

Never lose faith in my ability to do stupid things. 

More to follow on that in a minute. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jahannah said:

Hold my beer.  I am a Falcons fan.

Not sure what would be worse....blowing the 28-3 lead or blowing the lead with 13 seconds to go.

But I will never know because I'm a Lions fan and we will never even be in a game that matters to have either happen. So enjoy your playoff games, win or lose lol

• Like 1

So just a quick update. 

Lunch ended up being at Playmakers. 

33476D97-709D-4542-9E31-C6A53B305E47.thumb.jpeg.043c6aa37d001c74f6f7a8463b0900bd.jpeg

The burger and fries were incredible. DW had wings and said they were excellent.

So tragedy he struck afternoon…

Filled with bad decision juice I decided it was time for for first Flowrider attempt. No you need to understand, that I have an extremely bad knee. I have a meniscus that is effectively nonexistent and I have an MCL that desperately require surgery. All these things are from accidents from years ago from a life poorly lived.No you need to understand, that I have an extremely bad knee. I have a meniscus that is effectively nonexistent and I have an MCL that desperately require surgery. All these things are from accidents from years ago from a life poorly lived. Some might say a life well left, but in my current state of pain I’m going with poorly lived.

in the past when I have done the Flo Rider I have always done the belly boarding version of it. I was reasonably successful usually able to hop up onto my knees and then float around. However this time, after seeing several people doing the upright version of it and it looking so simple I decided to throw my lot in with them. As you can well imagine this was met with utter defeat.

I crashed and burned with such epic proportion that I’m sure every single person watching laughed until they were ill. Sadly for me, this means my knee looks not dissimilar to a small watermelon. I’m creeping around like I’m 117 years old.

I am currently back on deck 15 Right next to the lime in the coconut listening to the band and self-medicating with rum.

it is with great apologies that I must tell you that there are no pictures or videos of my colossal failure at the Flowrider. 

• Like 12