Not Homer’s Odyssey - semi live Odyssey of the Seas

Tree_skier

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you for taking us along.  Happy you had a wonderful cruise with beautiful weather.

I hope your knee is doing as best as it can until you are able to do your surgery. 

Great cabin with the perfect view🤩

The swelling came down remarkably fast.  Only slight discoloration now too.  I'm hobbling a little bit but I'm getting around well enough.  I'm on the road for a while so no doctor until I get home but It is top of the agenda when I do.  Thanks for asking.

• Like 3

Thank you for a great review, @Tree_skier! I’ve enjoyed cruising along with you. 😎

Good luck with your knee. I had both of mine replaced a few years back, as well as both hips. With a good surgeon and the incredible technology that allows them to do what they do, you’ll be back on your feet in no time! 😀

@Tree_skier thanks for cabin video, love that balcony.  Do you happen to know if all balcony cabins have the footstool?  They make such a difference hoping so.

Thanks again for the review, we have 2 more days until our turn, this just got me. So much more excited, now just to get thru our test this morning.  Hope your knee is doing better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, akcruz said:

@Tree_skier thanks for cabin video, love that balcony.  Do you happen to know if all balcony cabins have the footstool?  They make such a difference hoping so.

Thanks again for the review, we have 2 more days until our turn, this just got me. So much more excited, now just to get thru our test this morning.  Hope your knee is doing better.

Yes all the balconies on Odyssey should have foot stool.  Anthem has them too.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Sorry for the long delay in wrapping this up.  Debarkation was consumed by a flight and hours on the phone dealing with work while in the airport and then actually working Sunday night after we got in,.

The final night saw one last trip to Chops.  It was divine. I had the ribeye and my cut was excellent and big enough that I left some on my plate.  The baked potato was good as well.  

IMG_1659.thumb.jpeg.8c4ff9beba51346aeda58629a63a1d65.jpeg

Later we went to see The Effectors.   It was listed as a preview but according to the director we were going to see 95% of it. There was only one small part of one scene that was not available.  It had something to do with one of the characters flying around.  Another character was able to fly so it wasn't flying in general just that particular character.  I was a little skeptical going in as I'm not much for anything in the superhero genre.  However, this show absolutely wowed me.  The musical talent is extra ordinary and the tech will leave you speechless.  Between the synced screens moving around the stage and the actors perfect interaction with them to the illuminated drones plying around the stage like so many trained fireflies I could see this show a dozen times and not get bored. I don't have Odyssey on my schedule for the next couple of years but if I did I'd be looking forward to this show as much as anything.

IMG_1661.thumb.jpeg.a850f5f6a88c51885583d1e9a65b56d2.jpeg

IMG_1664.thumb.jpeg.e9da2620abe712092b1452f7f4faf9d8.jpeg

The next morning, after breakfast in the Windjammer, we reluctantly got off the ship and began our journey home.  It was a great cruise that I will long remember.  The staff were fantastic in every venue.  The ports of call were a first for us so that made it special as well.  The food in every restaurant were great and there wasn't a disappointing meal in the bunch.

Thanks for following along on my "Odyssey". It was fun to chronicle it and I enjoyed the interaction with all of you along the way.

We'll see you all aboard somewhere down the road.

Sorry I lost track of the overall score.  Suffice to say I made them pay.  🙂

Dave

TREE , you might be interested to know that one of Wonders big shows will be EFECTORS ll and is supposed to be even more amazing.  We booked Wonder for next January and will be looking forward to the new shows!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

TREE , you might be interested to know that one of Wonders big shows will be EFECTORS ll and is supposed to be even more amazing.  We booked Wonder for next January and will be looking forward to the new shows!!

Thanks that is good to know.  I'm going to have to make a couple of adjustments to schedule over the next 15 months.  Maybe I'll squeeze that one in.

• Like 1

Thank you for letting us cruise along with you, and that your knee is better!

Love that cabin. We have an aft (sunset veranda) cabin on Celebrity Apex in April and looking forward to it.  The only thing that worries me is the long walk to the elevators. DH has been having some mobility issues, but we don’t want to try for another cabin, and have to pay a higher fare. 

We had a cabin right by the elevator on a last-minute Anthem cruise in November. The cabin was shorter than normal, so there was barely any room for the bath mat in front of the shower!  And no room from the bed to the balcony door. You had tons of room!  We prefer the sofa by the balcony, but since we can’t “figure” out the system, we get to be surprised every cruise.  Maybe not so pleasantly!

Look forward to more trips with you!

1 hour ago, inlinesick said:

We're trying to figure out if we taking the drink package on our upcoming cruise! Prices of package is much higher than we are used to, and def not sure if its going to worth it!

The rough break even has not changed much over the years since the packages were introduced -if you will drink more than about 5 alcoholic drinks per day (and every day), get the package.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lynnber said:

Going on Odyssey in 24 days (after one trip was cancelled months ago), This report was just what I needed to go from excited to 'freaking can't wait'. Also have the UDP. Thanks for the great coverage!

My actual weight only went up by 3 lbs after the trip.  I'm shocked.  I expected it to increase by 10. I ate like a Boa Constrictor!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, joand452 said:

Thank you for letting us cruise along with you, and that your knee is better!

Love that cabin. We have an aft (sunset veranda) cabin on Celebrity Apex in April and looking forward to it.  The only thing that worries me is the long walk to the elevators. DH has been having some mobility issues, but we don’t want to try for another cabin, and have to pay a higher fare. 

We had a cabin right by the elevator on a last-minute Anthem cruise in November. The cabin was shorter than normal, so there was barely any room for the bath mat in front of the shower!  And no room from the bed to the balcony door. You had tons of room!  We prefer the sofa by the balcony, but since we can’t “figure” out the system, we get to be surprised every cruise.  Maybe not so pleasantly!

Look forward to more trips with you!

The distance to walk is the one down side to an aft cabin.  Even with a trick knee it is worth it to me though. I hope your Apex trip is wonderful.

1 hour ago, inlinesick said:

Do you mind taking few pics of the drinks menu and pricing? We're trying to figure out if we taking the drink package on our upcoming cruise! Prices of package is much higher than we are used to, and deff not sure if its going to worth it!

45 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The rough break even has not changed much over the years since the packages were introduced -if you will drink more than about 5 alcoholic drinks per day (and every day), get the package.

@Biker19 is about right.  My breakeven point was slightly lower.

I started everyday with a fresh squeezed OJ.  Then a latte, usually.  After that I'd have a couple of soda's and also get a couple bottles of water, which we would keep in our room.  On every port day I had a backpack with a several waters that we accumulate over the week for myself and DW.  On sea days sometimes the morning latte was substituted for a Bloody Mary.  On port days I never had an adult beverage until after I got back onboard. On sea days it was a little different.  Your calculus could easily be different than mine.  If you like mimosa's in the morning you could easily make it worthwhile even more quickly than I did.  I smashed the DBP.

Calculation...

• OJ $5
  • Latte $5
  • Water x2 $6
  • Soda x2 $6
  • Cocktail X3 $39

Total $61

I paid $60 pppd for the DBP. Breaking even is very, very easy from my perspective.  You can find the drinks menu's in the app for your cruise under each individual bar.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, Sea Dog said:

Haven’t seen you in a long time. When will you be cruising next? Any plans on doing one of your great reviews?

Hey Sea Dog. I’m sailing in a week on 3/27/22 on Anthem of the seas. Will start a “Live” thread on Thursday or Friday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

Thanks so much for the review! You’ve answered my question about whether or not the pub was included in the UDP…can you confirm if Giovanni’s Wine Bar is included?

Thanks for reading the review... It is fun to look back and relive it myself. I've got to long of a wait until my next one.  

As far as Giovanni's wine bar I can't say for sure as that was about the only venue I didn't get to but I would be shocked if it wasn't.  With the UDP if there was a charge for food it was covered. We went to the pub repeatedly, and to Playmakers twice, everything was always covered. The one exception was in the Hibachi.  Your meal was covered but any extra things like spring rolls or sushi were extra.  Also one of odd things about the Hibachi was there was a $10 charge for that one.  We went to the Hibachi twice.  The first time they charged the $10.  The second time, strangely, the server when handing me the check, whispered something about not charging the $10 per person for the meal.  Between his mask muffling his voice, his Chinese accent and me being half in the bag I could not discern the actual reason they didn't charge it the second time.  I just smiled and said "Oh thank you, that is very kind". I signed off on the receipt and we left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...