Check in / Boarding time

parrothead33

3 hours ago, parrothead33 said:

I was wondering when checking in for your cruise if both parties on the reservation have to check in before you get a boarding time.  

Thanks.

If you are using the app, you can actually select the arrival time for all members of your party before anyone has completed check-in.

• Like 1

Usually the earliest allotted time is 11:30 but have heard of earlier times.    My understanding and I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, is that if the first party has an earlier check in time your friends could check in with you if they are with you.    At least I've heard off non-suite guests being allowed to check in with their Suite friends.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Usually the earliest allotted time is 11:30 but have heard of earlier times.    My understanding and I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, is that if the first party has an earlier check in time your friends could check in with you if they are with you.    At least I've heard off non-suite guests being allowed to check in with their Suite friends.

Very True… we have had earlier check in times and our friends who had a later time were able to check in with us at the same time.   

5 hours ago, DCPIV said:

If you are using the app, you can actually select the arrival time for all members of your party before anyone has completed check-in.

That is good to know as I like boarding as early as possible.  How far in advance on the app can we check in?

29 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

That is good to know as I like boarding as early as possible.  How far in advance on the app can we check in?

It's been 45 days recently. Go to the app and look at the right-hand page (with you name, status, stateroom, etc.) Scroll down, and the check-in date should be there. 

57 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Currently at 45 days.   Someone told me that if you go to your reservation on the App and then Click the Head Icon it will tell you the exact date.   It works. 

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Currently at 45 days.   Someone told me that if you go to your reservation on the App and then Click the Head Icon it will tell you the exact date.   It works. 

The Solstice, or at least that trip, is not available on the app.  The app appears to specify the ship.

6 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

So they sold me a cruise on a ship that might not even be in service for that run to Alaska?

There is no reason to think that the Solstice won't be sailing with paying passengers onboard in time for the Alaska season. It just currently is not.

I just looked it up and the Solstice is scheduled to return to service with Alaska sailings in May.

Edited by JamieLogical

7 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

So they sold me a cruise on a ship that might not even be in service for that run to Alaska?

No, I am sure it will be returned to service in time for your cruise.  When is your cruise date? 

To the check in issue, as indicated, if it is more than 45 days from now it would not be available to check in anyway - in service now or not. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind