Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

18 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You are not correct and you should not be telling people that they are week magnets. There are 4 small cobalt magnets around the edge of the medallion. Putting it on the fridge and the edge of the medallion is not even touching the fridge or any other metal for that matter. Ever try putting one by the other? You are very very wrong. I have disassembled the medallion and I know for a fact what is in them. I am sure you do not.

This is a little old, and the medallion may have changed...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2654619-dissection-of-a-medallion-doodad-thingy/

...but it does show that the medallion is magnetic.

Bring your own gauss-o-meter.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, liamur14 said:

I Love my bracelet too,  looks great and I wore it snorkelling  for 2 weeks, it's ready to go for next cruise.

LOVE this--is it from Princess?

On 2/14/2022 at 7:35 AM, Crystabel said:

I got the bracelet on board our last cruise and love it. It’s comfortable and looks like a nice piece of jewelry. And I got a lot of compliments on it. It’s a little pricey, but I bought it with OBC. 

I love it. 

Curious of the price.

Have 4 Princess cruises in the next 4 months & some extra OBC on the 1st one so seems a good use!

On 6/8/2022 at 8:57 AM, CalgonMoment said:

I ordered this one on Amazon. It doesn’t work. It holds just fine, but the metal edges block the signal and you have to take it out each time. 
had to go back to the plastic one it came in. [4 Pack] Premium Metal Case with Key Ring Compatible for AirTags, Rhinestone Bling Frame Drop Protection Shock-Absorbing Anti-Scratch Protective Cover Keychain https://a.co/d/6YBIMWc

Are the Medallions and the Air Tags the same size? There are lots of things on Amazon for Air Tags!

48 minutes ago, dockhl said:

Are the Medallions and the Air Tags the same size? There are lots of things on Amazon for Air Tags!

Yes, many have measured and tested and reported that Air Tag holder fit the Medallion perfectly.

• Like 4

We want to order the personalized celebration insert, but you have to have the large square. The only option accessory option Princess had on their website is the premium lanyard.  However we really don't want that.  We would prefer a clip or even a watch type bracelet.

Did anyone ever use an alternative accessory  on the square one or does anyone have any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Can these clips be used on the medallion with the insert which I understand comes encased in the small plastic square?

You no longer receive the rectangular plastic holder. The Medallion ships with a circular holder and a lanyard. There is no background insert (no room for one) in the circular holder. The Medallion fills it. I looked at the clips onboard and they were also clear plastic but bulky looking. I had thought I would buy one onboard but didn't like the look of them at all. I just kept my Medallion in my pocket. If I decide to get any kind of clip holder I'll get one elsewhere.

Note: I had originally planned to use a custom insert with the rectangular holder they were providing but that went out the window with the new circular holders. A CC user by the name of masterty made it for me. (Odd, I don't find that user name now...)

Reduced size image below:

image.jpeg.78f7116980e66044adc5f2d07561118e.jpeg

Edited by Thrak

I had read on this thread that the old holder wasn't being sent out.  However, on the Medallion Class app, the customized inserts (such as birthday or retirement) are still being offered for a fee(with personalization if desired).  It also requires you to purchase an upgraded lanyard ($7) as it says the it won't work on the regular free lanyard.  So I assumed that if you purchased this, it would come in a rectangular holder.

The picture of the customized insert looks like the one Masterly made for you.  So it seems like Princess is still doing something like that insert if you pay for it, but I don't know because we haven't ordered it yet.

One of our party has a pacemaker and can't use a lanyard.  He would prefer a clip, although a watch type wristband would work except we would need to be careful of the position of his arm.  So I was trying to find other options besides the lanyard to determine if it  was possible for him to even use the customized medallion insert.

20 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Ok, thanks.  Do you know if it will fit on a clip or anything other than a lanyard?

Nope. Didn't buy one. I just used the included circular holder and kept the thing in my pocket. Worked for me. I'm not a lanyard person. I "may" decide to use the lanyard on an upcoming cruise though but, if I do, I'll still keep the medallion inside my shirt. I hate those things hanging around.

I hate lanyards too.  It would be nice if Princess let you decline to order a lanyard when you get a new medallion, but I guess they've got a warehouse full of the damn things somewhere and need to get rid of them somehow.  

The silicone rubber FitBit holders that clip to a shirt pocket or collar work best for me.

• Like 1

I found the answer in as to the attachment on this current holder in some photos I finally found on the internet.  So I appreciate the suggestions for attachments and we have ordered the reel clip.

I had previously tried to search CC for threads regarding the medallion holder options but the search function on CC still doesn't work for me.  When this thread came up, I was excited to finally be able to get some assistance.  So thanks to everyone.

Just now, montgomeryfamily said:

I found the answer in as to the attachment on this current holder in some photos I finally found on the internet.  So I appreciate the suggestions for attachments and we have ordered the reel clip.

I had previously tried to search CC for threads regarding the medallion holder options but the search function on CC still doesn't work for me.  When this thread came up, I was excited to finally be able to get some assistance.  So thanks to everyone.

Enter Princess medallion holder on GOOGLE