LIVE silhouette 14 February — have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

Im joining next week! If it isn't too much to ask could you please post "The Daily Planner" page from your daily newsletter. Would love to see what the Silhouette has to offer. I am following another thread with someone posting from the Reflection and love reading the daily newsletter.

Thank you in advance 🙂

• Thanks 1

I think that’s a different itineraries so I’m not sure that this cruise’s daily will line up very well with next cruise’s.  And today we actually had two dailies. The first one was when they thought we would visit Bimini. Then about an hour later we got the revised version when it turned into a Sea day

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I think that’s a different itineraries so I’m not sure that this cruise’s daily will line up very well with next cruise’s.  And today we actually had two dailies. The first one was when they thought we would visit Bimini. Then about an hour later we got the revised version when it turned into a Sea day

Im interested in the Live music and meet ups. Seeing what type of musicians they have on the board.

If you have the sea day one I would truly appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, Db85 said:

Im interested in the Live music and meet ups. Seeing what type of musicians they have on the board.

If you have the sea day one I would truly appreciate it.

Original— if we had made it to Bimini

revised—when it turned into a sea day

live music in lower right hand corner

E6EA8451-FFAE-4162-95DE-E284D0E72F5F.jpeg

AB112F8C-0C05-4AAA-8F92-38BEECC17321.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Original— if we had made it to Bimini

revised—when it turned into a sea day

live music in lower right hand corner

E6EA8451-FFAE-4162-95DE-E284D0E72F5F.jpeg

AB112F8C-0C05-4AAA-8F92-38BEECC17321.jpeg

Thank you so much!

My thoughts:

• Great selection of live music.
  • No fitness classes - WHY? - Reflection has 5 each day
  • No Friends of Bill, Single/Solo Traveller or LGBTQ+ meet ups. - VERY DISAPPOINTED - Reflection and other ships have these!

I hope celebrity monitor these forums and see how different ships have these differences! Does not set a good tone for my first celebrity cruise next week.

This is the other thread I have been watching - Feb 5-19 East-West Caribbean on the Reflection

5 hours ago, Db85 said:

Thank you so much!

My thoughts:

• Great selection of live music.
  • No fitness classes - WHY? - Reflection has 5 each day
  • No Friends of Bill, Single/Solo Traveller or LGBTQ+ meet ups. - VERY DISAPPOINTED - Reflection and other ships have these!

I hope celebrity monitor these forums and see how different ships have these differences! Does not set a good tone for my first celebrity cruise next week.

This is the other thread I have been watching - Feb 5-19 East-West Caribbean on the Reflection

You do realize that the schedule that I have shown was for an unusual situation. A port day turned into a sea day with one hours notice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You do realize that the schedule that I have shown was for an unusual situation. A port day turned into a sea day with one hours notice.

Good point. 

Do any of the other days schedules have meet ups or fitness classes on?

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

597B0796-4D93-4440-B590-E526401A7E6D.jpeg

Thanks very much! one more: were both the Porch and Sushi on 5 open for embarkation lunch? LCG? I think they’re the only options for non-buffet, sit down lunch that day if not CC/AQ. 

Edited by sbcs5390

Thank you again for taking the time out of your vacation to keep us all updated, informed and EXCITED!  I am curious who are the current staff.  Generally they give you a staff page  - did you get one and could you please post? 

Also curious if you can find out if Celebrity will be changing any of their protocols regarding testing on board.  As the mask mandate was lifted and the US is going down in cases - I'm wondering if they will continue to contact trace and isolate.   I'm not interested in anyone's speculation - only facts from the company

Please no nasty remarks or political views regarding Covid

7 minutes ago, MamaChach said:

Thank you again for taking the time out of your vacation to keep us all updated, informed and EXCITED!  I am curious who are the current staff.  Generally they give you a staff page  - did you get one and could you please post? 

as I have already said, they did not give us a printed sheet identifying the officers and key staff members. They did on reflection but not on this ship.

Also curious if you can find out if Celebrity will be changing any of their protocols regarding testing on board.  As the mask mandate was lifted and the US is going down in cases - I'm wondering if they will continue to contact trace and isolate.   I'm not interested in anyone's speculation - only facts from the company

There are two current threads here on Cruise Critic regarding testing. It appears that testing will continue until the end of March for sure and everything after that is pure speculation

• Like 1

When we were on Silhouette on the UK cruises last summer the pasta station was limited to ready made dishes.  The normal choice of pasta type, pasta sauce and large choice of ingredients had disappeared.  I wondered if it would ever make a come back.  What is currently on offer at the pasta station?

My friend, Monica, who is also on this cruise with us, has organized a crafting get together for tomorrow. Anyone is welcome to join us tomorrow, Thursday Feb 17th at 10:30 a.m. in the sky lounge.  Knitters, , crocheters, any type of needlework are welcome to join us.  If you just want to be social, drop in too!

cruisestitch, I’d love to meet you.  You have been so helpful in all your trip reports, and I have been following along for quite a while.  If you can, please drop into the sky lounge tomorrow morning and say hi.

Edited by SandyKnits

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The pasta station is back just as you remember it. Also there are every day three big pans of baked pastas….absolutely delicious “comfort food”

That’s good to know. Thanks! On our 2 UK cruises we became friendly with several crew members. One was a young, female sommelier called March,  one was the Passport bartender called Brandon and one is in the martini bar and called Putu (but there are several Putus).  We hope they may all still be on board as we would love to see them again. 

23 hours ago, Db85 said:

When did these start back up.  They were not held on our December B2B on Reflection.