LIVE silhouette 14 February — have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

@cruisestitch  You've been on several sailings now since the Omicron outbreak and the mask mandate and now the relaxed Covid protocols.  Can you tell us if you have noticed any differences on the many sailings (besides the no mask policy now instated) you've been on?  Was this cruise just as wonderful as all the rest? 

When I go to ***** to do mock bookings it appears that Celebrity has opened up most of their rooms or tons of people cancelled.  My thinking is that they are opening their ship to sail with a full capacity.  Have you heard from the staff is this is so? 

Curious if you had a lot of interaction with cruise director (Tim I think you said it was).  How did you like him?

Thanks for always giving your time to post and answer questions!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MamaChach said:

@cruisestitch  You've been on several sailings now since the Omicron outbreak and the mask mandate and now the relaxed Covid protocols.  Can you tell us if you have noticed any differences on the many sailings (besides the no mask policy now instated) you've been on? 

not really.  A lot of people are more comfortable still wearing them even though not required to.

Was this cruise just as wonderful as all the rest? 

The best thing on this cruise has been the music. The house bands are terrific. The guest artists are the strongest I have ever experienced on any cruise ship.

When I go to ***** to do mock bookings it appears that Celebrity has opened up most of their rooms or tons of people cancelled.  My thinking is that they are opening their ship to sail with a full capacity.  Have you heard from the staff is this is so? 

No I haven’t heard anything like that.

Curious if you had a lot of interaction with cruise director (Tim I think you said it was).  How did you like him?

Other than on stage, I never saw him. I think that many staff members are still avoiding having too much contact with passengers.

Thanks for always giving your time to post and answer questions!

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

No I haven’t heard anything like that.

Sorry for the miscommunication...I was asking a lot of things:)  What is  your opinion on if you have noticed any difference in experiences in your sailings when restrictions were higher than they are now?

Really there hasn’t been any big difference. There are a few more people on board so lines for coffee have grown a little but there hasn’t been a lot of change.

I tried to embed some answers into your questions but I’m not sure I succeeded. Try expanding the answer to see if you can see them

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 1:49 PM, SandyKnits said:

We had a very nice dinner there last night.   My husband had the veal chop 👍and I had the grilled salmon with lobster Mac and cheese.  All good.  We were so full but managed to eat a little of the warm chocolate chip cookie/vanilla ice cream dessert. We were still docked in Bonaire during dinner, but it was very windy.  We personally would not choose to eat there when the ship was moving.

Aw yes that area can be quite windy.  

so how was the lobster mac and cheese?  was it real lobster and plentiful too?

On 2/21/2022 at 3:32 PM, Madio said:

We cruised twice on the Silhouette a few years back and loved it.  Then, we did a couple of Princess cruises, and then back to Equinox last August, and Reflection Dec. 2021.  They all had their pros and cons.  I liked the fact that the Reflection & Silhouette were the only two s-class ships that had The Porch & The Lawn Club, although Porch on Silhouette was never open.  Do you know what changes their revolutions will bring?  March 19, we'll be on Apex, and are excited to see this new (to us at least) style of ship.  We got a Sky Suite, as I am pretty positive we wouldn't like the infinite veranda.  Would like to hear others' opinions of them. Also, don't understand the rocking chairs; the ship already rocks enough for me.

We were on the Apex in January in an Infinite Veranda.  Would not book again. Didn't ruin the trip of course, but MUCH, MUCH prefer a true balcony.  

• Like 3

We were on this cruise too, in Aqua class. We booked that so we could dine in Blu and it was great! The food at dinner was very good to excellent and the service was as well. The only “miss” at dinner was when I ordered off the MDR menu. Sometimes the service lagged a little but it was very good overall. The sommelier service was very good as well.

We also dined once at Tuscan and it was quite good. Go hungry! There is certainly a change to have a large dinner.

We booked Tuscan for the night we left Cartagena. Shortly after we got on, we had a message that Tuscan would be very busy that night and they wouldn’t be able to give us good service and asked us to change nights. Very strange, never had that happen before. So we moved to another night and asked for some accommodation for helping them out. We were offered a free lunch at the Lawn Club Grill. If I had paid for that lunch, I would have been disappointed. The burger was a lot bigger but not much better than the Mast Grill. The Spa Cafe was actually great for a light lunch. And the chocolate tarts at Cafe Al Bacio are wonderful! You can have a martini anywhere but the ones at the Martini Bar are bigger and better.

I really liked the live music options in the evenings. We went to some of the shows with guest entertainers and they were quite good. There wasn’t much to do for all the sea days that appealed to us. A coupe more enrichment speakers would have been good but I know that isn’t what X is known for n

The internet was ok but for some reason, I couldn’t load Cruise Critic on my iPhone or iPad, or my wife’s iPhone either. A tragedy! Well, it would load but all in text with some messed up graphics so it was essentially unusable. Also, my apps wouldn’t update either, nor could I text someone at home who didn’t have an iPhone. Quite odd. This was with the basic package. Email, Facebook and web sites were generally fine, except for Cruise Critic!

We booked this itinerary to visit the ABC islands and those stops were quite good. I have to recommend the Cooking with the Spice Girl excursion on Curacao. It was fabulous, one of the top three excursions we’ve done anywhere! It was expensive but if you have any culinary interests, you should consider it. There were only for of us, up to six can go, and we made and ate a wonderful and large lunch.

One example of how the crew helped us. We signed up for a wine tasting to take place the next day. Well, we forgot about but also there was no reminder pop up in the app like there were for other events. So I went to Guest Relations and told them the app didn’t populate so there was no reminder and we missed the event. Our money was refunded the next day.

I had hoped to chime in as we cruised, but that was not possible with the difficulties accessing CC, so this is my summary. Any questions, just let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I are going on the Silouette for 10 days starting March 18, 2022. He does not have a smart phone. 

Can you still get a Day Planner like we used to get telling the Days Events?

On 2/15/2022 at 8:36 AM, cruisestitch said:

Perhaps I misheard him so I will check that.  It was very rough all night.  He said that the winds plus the currents added together to make it unsafe.  I don’t know why anyone would consider that Covid was involved in anyway. But if you’re looking for conspiracies, you can make up your ownI don’t know why anyone would consider that Covid was involved in anyway. But if you’re looking for conspiracies, you can make up your own

I've sailed in there on my sailboat.  The currents are very strong, lots of skinny water(shallow) and depending on the wind direction most large craft would stay away,  The Gulf Stream is a 5 kt current that runs between the Bahamas and Florida.  It's an ocean river and moves around.  It comes very close to Bimini since Bimini is on the extreme western edge of the Bahama bank.   I was wondering how that works for cruise ships on a consistent basis in the winter time especially

On 2/15/2022 at 10:43 PM, Db85 said:

Thank you so much!

My thoughts:

• Great selection of live music.
  • No fitness classes - WHY? - Reflection has 5 each day
  • No Friends of Bill, Single/Solo Traveller or LGBTQ+ meet ups. - VERY DISAPPOINTED - Reflection and other ships have these!

I hope celebrity monitor these forums and see how different ships have these differences! Does not set a good tone for my first celebrity cruise next week.

This is the other thread I have been watching - Feb 5-19 East-West Caribbean on the Reflection

Hopefully it's because it was supposed to be a port day?🙏

On 2/26/2022 at 4:33 PM, CruiserFromMaine said:

We were on this cruise too, in Aqua class. We booked that so we could dine in Blu and it was great! The food at dinner was very good to excellent and the service was as well. The only “miss” at dinner was when I ordered off the MDR menu. Sometimes the service lagged a little but it was very good overall. The sommelier service was very good as well.

We also dined once at Tuscan and it was quite good. Go hungry! There is certainly a change to have a large dinner.

We booked Tuscan for the night we left Cartagena. Shortly after we got on, we had a message that Tuscan would be very busy that night and they wouldn’t be able to give us good service and asked us to change nights. Very strange, never had that happen before. So we moved to another night and asked for some accommodation for helping them out. We were offered a free lunch at the Lawn Club Grill. If I had paid for that lunch, I would have been disappointed. The burger was a lot bigger but not much better than the Mast Grill. The Spa Cafe was actually great for a light lunch. And the chocolate tarts at Cafe Al Bacio are wonderful! You can have a martini anywhere but the ones at the Martini Bar are bigger and better.

I really liked the live music options in the evenings. We went to some of the shows with guest entertainers and they were quite good. There wasn’t much to do for all the sea days that appealed to us. A coupe more enrichment speakers would have been good but I know that isn’t what X is known for n

The internet was ok but for some reason, I couldn’t load Cruise Critic on my iPhone or iPad, or my wife’s iPhone either. A tragedy! Well, it would load but all in text with some messed up graphics so it was essentially unusable. Also, my apps wouldn’t update either, nor could I text someone at home who didn’t have an iPhone. Quite odd. This was with the basic package. Email, Facebook and web sites were generally fine, except for Cruise Critic!

We booked this itinerary to visit the ABC islands and those stops were quite good. I have to recommend the Cooking with the Spice Girl excursion on Curacao. It was fabulous, one of the top three excursions we’ve done anywhere! It was expensive but if you have any culinary interests, you should consider it. There were only for of us, up to six can go, and we made and ate a wonderful and large lunch.

One example of how the crew helped us. We signed up for a wine tasting to take place the next day. Well, we forgot about but also there was no reminder pop up in the app like there were for other events. So I went to Guest Relations and told them the app didn’t populate so there was no reminder and we missed the event. Our money was refunded the next day.

I had hoped to chime in as we cruised, but that was not possible with the difficulties accessing CC, so this is my summary. Any questions, just let me know.

Can you tell who the CD, Hotel manger and Captain were and are any on then going on break as we are on March 28th and if any one on the ship at present answer also. You used to be able to see the rotation but I cant find it help.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:53 PM, macrac said:

Can you tell who the CD, Hotel manger and Captain were and are any on then going on break as we are on March 28th and if any one on the ship at present answer also. You used to be able to see the rotation but I cant find it help.

Sorry, I don't recall any of them. Maybe the CD was Daniel [insert last name]? He was young. 

On 3/10/2022 at 6:52 AM, cruisestitch said:

I am no longer on the ship so I can’t help you with who the current offers are and when they will be leaving.  

The list you are seeking is no longer kept up to date here on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for your help can you remember what it was called? it was always a hit or a miss

1 hour ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Sorry, I don't recall any of them. Maybe the CD was Daniel [insert last name]? He was young. 

Thanks for responding anyway. Can you tell me where he was from?

On 2/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, like2cruise said:

We were on the Apex in January in an Infinite Veranda.  Would not book again. Didn't ruin the trip of course, but MUCH, MUCH prefer a true balcony.  

Thanks, Like2Cruise.  I asked one of the Retreat Crew how people are liking those infinite verandas.  He said “They’re not”.  I’m puzzled as to why they are now building the 4th one.  My DH says the contracts were signed a long time ago.  What say you?