LIVE silhouette 14 February — have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Thanks.  Did not see that.  Maybe the Connections and Veterans Meet Up will start back up soon as well. 

That would be awesome. I believe very much in providing connections to people. 

If its not on the ship Silhouette next week then I will be asking some questions.

Silhouette had a bad run of positive cases in late December and early January. Reflection did not. That might account for some of the differences you see.

My observation is that little by little things are returning to their previous levels but that the ships officers and staff are still very nervous and are not promoting very many activities that bring passengers together, especially not together in small places.

Trivia is held in the sky lounge where people are very spread out.  But they are not yet encouraging groups to meet in small areas of the ship.  Slowly, slowly this is changing as the numbers of positive cases stay low.

• No Friends of Bill, Single/Solo Traveller or LGBTQ+ meet ups. - VERY DISAPPOINTED - Reflection and other ships have these

@Db85

Just off the Silhouette last week. They did have Friends of Bill, Single/Solo Traveler and LGBTQ+ posted on the X App, so check the X App when you board. I found it to be very helpful.

I can’t go back to last week’s schedule, but here are some snaps from the X App for this week:

F952B759-4BEF-431C-8DD8-C2689123D6A9.png

983CCEBD-3B78-49CB-A161-F7C9818AB433.png

Edited by scrapcreator

41 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:
  • No Friends of Bill, Single/Solo Traveller or LGBTQ+ meet ups. - VERY DISAPPOINTED - Reflection and other ships have these

@Db85

Just off the Silhouette last week. They did have Friends of Bill, Single/Solo Traveler and LGBTQ+ posted on the X App, so check the X App when you board. I found it to be very helpful.

I can’t go back to last week’s schedule, but here are some snaps from the X App for this week:

Amazing. Thank you for taking the time to find this. I appreciate you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scrapcreator said:

@Db85

Did you see or recall that these take place every day? I was disappointed in Crystal when they did one in the beginning and I missed it and that was that. 

5 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

Did you see or recall that these take place every day? I was disappointed in Crystal when they did one in the beginning and I missed it and that was that. 

Friends of Bill W and LGBTQ+ every day (not sure of embarkation- check your X App), Solo quite a few times if not most days. Usually same time of day, so easy to schedule and remember.

• Thanks 1

Wife and I were booked on this sailing but pulled out last October when there seemed to be a bit too much uncertainty as to what ports would be available, and even if UK citizens would be allowed entry to the US.

It was around that time we were looking to book long haul flights from the UK and we just didn’t want to take the plunge and then get yet another cruise cancelled. We did manage a UK sailing on the Silhouette last August out of Southampton, so we at least managed to get our cruising fix.

We eventually moved the booking to a Med sailing on the Reflection in the summer, and moved the summer sailing we had to 2023 to the Canaries back on the Silhouette.

To get some kind of sunshine break we have just returned from a week  at a beach resort on Lanzarote in the Canary Islands….Boy did we need that.

Hope all those who are on board are having a great time and we are looking forward to following this thread.

take care.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if they posted a SpotLight showing pictures of the Captain and Senior Officers.   I've noticed some ships have resumed publishing them.   If you happen to still have it would love to see.

As I answered when you asked this before earlier in this thread, pats 43&44 they have not given us a printed “spotlight”

Edited by cruisestitch

If you happen to wander along side of the Sunset Bar, could you please check to see if the “Margarita Coronita” has made it back on the menu?

We’re on Silhouette in March and just curious if I will be able to connect with an old friend!

Thanks so much

Randy

154E915D-E3F1-4464-8D05-EF31B45F77A3.jpeg

Edited by Schmoe38

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and how did you like Bimini?  I never heard for this place before the Crystal ships arrived to unload.

also, is the BIG chair still in the upper grass area.  I loved sitting in it when I was on in Oct 2019 out of UK to Canaries.

As I reported, we didn’t go to Bimini.

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

At least four people are hiding ducks on this cruise😁🐥

LOL,I got ducks and duck keychains and duck magnets to hide on our Reflection B2B  in December over Christmas and New Years.If anyone is on that same cruises, Keep a lookout for them!  😀🦆

15 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

I didn't get the memo, what's the story with the ducks?

Same here...have cruised a lot.  Did not know it was a "thing".  Looked it up on line.  Not much in the way of information, but it sounds like people hide rubber ducks on ships. Not clear why, or what any of it means.  Very strange, though!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Love this! I've been painting & hiding rocks with my grandchildren for a few years. I'm definitely on board with this idea! 

Thanks, Denise