CABIN 3066 ADVICE APPRECIATED

Ted&Molly

We have a courtesy hold on cabin 3066 on Mars.  First Viking ocean cruise, so do not know the ships.  I see that 3066 is over the restaurant.  Is that a noise problem?  Are there any other possible problems with the location of 3066?

Also notice that the upper atrium structure is in the middle of deck 3.  Does that mean there is no through route from bow to stern on Deck 3, meaning one uses the forward or aft elevators and stairways on Deck 3, depending on cabin location?

Thanks.

Edited by Ted&Molly

3 minutes ago, Ted&Molly said:

We have a courtesy hold on cabin 3066 on Mars.  First Viking ocean cruise, so do not know the ships.  I see that 3066 is over the restaurant.  Is that a noise problem?  Are there any other possible problems with the location of 3066?

Also notice that the upper atrium structure is in the middle of deck 3.  Does that mean there is no through route from bow to stern on Deck 3, meaning one uses the forward or aft elevators and stairways on Deck 3, depending on cabin location?

Thanks.

Can’t answer your first question but there is a walkway with furniture that runs along the atrium on deck three on both sides. You can see it at the top of the picture below. 

68B7E8AC-0F25-44D8-BBA0-7E55F36BF551.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Ted&Molly said:

Thanks.

There is a passageway along the port and starboard side of the 3 deck atrium leading to the cabins forward of the atrium.  You can use the aft elevators or walk the length of 3 deck to use the forward elevators.  The only noise problem I know of on 3 deck is the cabins over Torshavn.

Edited by Jim Avery
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Can’t answer your first question but there is a walkway with furniture that runs along the atrium on deck three on both sides. You can see it at the top of the picture below. 

68B7E8AC-0F25-44D8-BBA0-7E55F36BF551.jpeg

Thanks.  Excellent photo.  the deck plan does not make it clear that there are corridors.  This clarifies.  Could not imagine a midship blockage on a cabin deck, due to fire, safety, etc.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hersheyhughes said:

It looks like it is right across from a lauderette. Could get busy/noisy at times.

I accidentally booked 3053  for Montreal to Ft Lauderdale. 

Am working to change. Hope I am able so I can get on the side of the side I had planned. 

Hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Hmmm.  I do not see one across from 3066.  All the launderettes on the deck plans show them show them forward of midships on the port side.

47 minutes ago, Ted&Molly said:

Hmmm.  I do not see one across from 3066.  All the launderettes on the deck plans show them show them forward of midships on the port side.

You’re correct - it’s far from the laundry. And we usually book upper 300s. The restaurant is no issue as, unlike Torshavn, it never gets too noisy - even during prime dinner hours. I wouldn’t hesitate to book it.

This applies to all DV6 cabins, all V2 cabins and the aft facing DV1 cabins on Deck 3 on all Viking ships.

Twice now I have booked one of the DV cabins over the Restaurant. They are quiet. No noise from the MDR.  As @Squawkman says, I wouldn't hesitate to book it. When it comes to booking shore excursions and making specialty reservations all DV cabins gain access at the same time; it doesn't matter if you are DV1 or DV6.

The only disadvantage to the Deck 3 aft cabins is a disadvantage only if you are using a wheel chair or perhaps a walker or are otherwise unsteady on your feet.  In order to reach the cabins, which are aft of the aft elevators and stairwell,  there is an incline in the corridor. Unlike the Deck 3 forward cabins, the incline cannot be avoided.

20211225_121318.thumb.jpg.df38dc5578ddc976c4cc4bb527f69eca.jpg

The only cabins that you might want to avoid because of their proximity to the tenders/lifeboats and the public restrooms are cabins 3058 and 3059.

2 hours ago, hersheyhughes said:

It looks like it is right across from a lauderette. Could get busy/noisy at times.

Am working to change. Hope I am able so I can get on the side of the side I had planned. 

we were across  from the laundry and I was concerned...no noise...and SO convenient...I would try to book it again.  easy if you do your own laundry...rather than carry all your stuff to the laundry only to find all machines full just check across the hall!

3 minutes ago, deec said:

we were across  from the laundry and I was concerned...no noise...and SO convenient...I would try to book it again.  easy if you do your own laundry...rather than carry all your stuff to the laundry only to find all machines full just check across the hall!

Dee, I was sitting in the laundry one night, waiting for my load,  and I could hear the noise from Torshavn. Can that same noise be heard in the 3053 as well?

we were in 3048 and absolutely loved it.  no noise from elevator, laundry, anything.  quiet as we needed.  I rarely took the elevator, took stairs anywhere, so I enjoyed having more exercise getting to top floors each day.

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Dee, I was sitting in the laundry one night, waiting for my load,  and I could hear the noise from Torshavn. Can that same noise be heard in the 3053 as well?

not sure about 3066 from OP...we were on 4 when we were across from the laundry so I was only commenting on laundry traffic.  we were over Torshavn in 3055 and it was TERRIBLE.....we did eventually get our cabin changed...this was on a WC and it was a guarantee room assignment.  Viking should NEVER be putting guests in these rooms...put the entertainers in them! if you are asking about 3053 it would be BAD too. I don't think there were paying passengers in 3053 cabin when were in 3055.  The couple in 3057 switched cabins as well!

Edited by deec
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 2:37 PM, hersheyhughes said:

I had 3056 in December and was right across from the Launderette.  I didn't hear any sound at all.

Of course, the ship only had 300 passengers on it.

8 hours ago, travelbug11 said:

I had 3056 in December and was right across from the Launderette.  I didn't hear any sound at all.

Of course, the ship only had 300 passengers on it.

My question for 3056 was noise from disco, which you can hear in the launderette when the disco is open. Good to know that you can't hear it in the even number staterooms and that it is only a problem for the odd numbered ones.

15 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

I had heard somewhere that Viking keeps a block of rooms open in case any people need to be quarantined wouldn't the aft portion of deck 3 be good for this?  Is there a typical room section where entertainers and lecturers stay?

On our cruise the rooms to the front of us on deck 3 were blocked off for quarantine purposes, but our cruise was covid free.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kbert92069 said:

I had heard somewhere that Viking keeps a block of rooms open in case any people need to be quarantined wouldn't the aft portion of deck 3 be good for this?  Is there a typical room section where entertainers and lecturers stay?

The entertainers & lecturers have cabins on Deck 3 and also on the port side of Dk 1 by the fwd lifts. They have an alleyway that leads aft to the Purser's Office.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, #1cruisetravelfan said:

Any advice on Cabin 3045?   Are we going to have issues from Torshavn?

We were originally booked in 3055.  When I researched that cabin, I found it was the really terrible one in terms of noise.  3045 should be forward enough that it should be safe.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:23 PM, deec said:

not sure about 3066 from OP...we were on 4 when we were across from the laundry so I was only commenting on laundry traffic.  we were over Torshavn in 3055 and it was TERRIBLE.....we did eventually get our cabin changed...this was on a WC and it was a guarantee room assignment.  Viking should NEVER be putting guests in these rooms...put the entertainers in them! if you are asking about 3053 it would be BAD too. I don't think there were paying passengers in 3053 cabin when were in 3055.  The couple in 3057 switched cabins as well!

Don't know how to send you a pm, so sorry for off-topic post.  Noticed your location.  I was born in 1945 (Harper) and raised on Kensington; attended Maire and Pierce.  Small world.

43 minutes ago, Ted&Molly said:

Don't know how to send you a pm, so sorry for off-topic post.  Noticed your location.  I was born in 1945 (Harper) and raised on Kensington; attended Maire and Pierce.  Small world.

Cruise Critic admins disable the software's PM feature.

• Like 1