Kashia and Boogie

Huggsy

I don’t know how to describe them. This is our third cruise that they have been on. They’re extremely talented and they play nearly everything. They really do a lot to get people out on the dance floor.. Which was a lot of fun. Boogie is super talented at the keyboards and if you have an opportunity to see him at tee time which he rotates through playing the piano you can see how fantastic he really is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kasia & Boogie are a very talented Polish duo who cover most pop & rock songs.

As others have said, they have very engaging, & quirky, personalities and tailor their sets to the time and mood of the crowd (ballads pre-dinner & more energetic later).

Kasia is an excellent singer and Boogie is a master of the keyboards.

When not on board they obviously enjoy creating their own style of music which may be found on YouTube.

• Like 4

I LOVE THIS DUO!  They are one of the highlights on the cruise for me.  They play everything from classics (40’s and 50’s) to 60’s, 70’s etc.  even a little country thrown in.  I have gone to their pre dinner show every night on our 14 night cruise.  I have known the words to every song but one!  And I sing along!  They love to involve the audience!

• Like 4

Do they play anything from the 80's and beyond? I am just turning 50 and seems like none of the luxury cruise lines have bands that play anything semi recent. After all 1990 was 32 years ago. I would imagine that 60 year olds would feel that same way I do. Its time for some updated music. 

On 2/15/2022 at 7:41 AM, flossie009 said:

Kasia & Boogie are a very talented Polish duo who cover most pop & rock songs.

As others have said, they have very engaging, & quirky, personalities and tailor their sets to the time and mood of the crowd (ballads pre-dinner & more energetic later).

Kasia is an excellent singer and Boogie is a master of the keyboards.

When not on board they obviously enjoy creating their own style of music which may be found on YouTube.

I just want to echo flossie009's sentiments here. 

In their pre dinner early sets, they tend to do more mellow tunes, but in their later sets, they do just the type of music that we like to dance to. If Kasia can't get the party going, no one can. She gets down on the floor to dance with the guests, her personality lights up the room, and Boogie totally rocks out on the keyboards. I only wish they could clone themselves and be on all the ships.

I am also a fan of their original music that flossie linked to on YouTube, it is in Polish, but they are nice enough to provide the English subtitles.

19 hours ago, islandchick said:

Do they play anything from the 80's and beyond? I am just turning 50 and seems like none of the luxury cruise lines have bands that play anything semi recent. After all 1990 was 32 years ago. I would imagine that 60 year olds would feel that same way I do. Its time for some updated music. 

Yes, they do,  more so in their after dinner sets.

Here are some shots from the last time that I cruised with them.

k.jpg.f458b72d7773f5dd6c8db9caec655bc8.jpg

k2.jpg.c5db9789317795210b9b3f54f3faf9f0.jpg

k3.jpg.8ff1f6c0bba37814f92e78891eb78352.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well, I'm willing to give them another try if they happen to be on our cruise, but if I recognize those pictures, I just plain didn't like them.  Not sure why, too poppy I guess. Am I the only one?

my husband doesn't like them either for same reason as you.  

I have been on three cruises on regent with them. I think they are fun. Getting people up to dance is tough and she has the way to do that.

boogie is the real talent here in my opinion. When he is solo (like at the tea time) you can hear his excellence. 

On 2/16/2022 at 1:37 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well, I'm willing to give them another try if they happen to be on our cruise, but if I recognize those pictures, I just plain didn't like them.  Not sure why, too poppy I guess. Am I the only one?

You should be the only one.  I think they are a primary driver of repeat cruises for a lot of guests.  Go to their earlier show...much slower and less fun. 

I'm in the younger crowd onboard and not all of their music is to my taste...but its still fun.  Relax and have a drink from the bar.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 2:37 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Hubby & I are on Splendor at the moment - we've heard them a couple of times and that was enough. Far too loud and not meaning to be unkind we think she can't sing, her voice is just shouty. Surprised they've got a gig here.

Just my opinion folks, so no throwing things at me 😆

Just goes to show you that you can't please everyone.  There is not one performer or artist that can have unanimity in approval.  Kasia and Boogie have been performing on Regent for over a decade, I think that speaks to the fact that they have many admirers, my impression is that most of us like them a lot.

There was a combo that performed on Regent for many years, and was beloved by many; I thought that they were totally boring. 

"It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion that makes horse races."-Mark Twain

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Huggsy said:

Hubby & I are on Splendor at the moment - we've heard them a couple of times and that was enough. Far too loud and not meaning to be unkind we think she can't sing, her voice is just shouty. Surprised they've got a gig here.

Just my opinion folks, so no throwing things at me 😆

I have clients who will ONLY book if they are going to be on the ship. I get it...there is very little in the way of entertainment for people who grew up in the 70's and 80's.

• Like 2