Regent Dress Code

sabrefan

On 2/23/2022 at 11:44 AM, ysolde said:

So I take it DH's preferred vacation wear of khakis and either a long-sleeved casual or polo shirt will be welcome everywhere in the evenings?  He doesn't like to think about clothes too much.

Sure. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, labonnevie said:

Sorry, I meant that such attire would not be “frowned upon”. Long sleeve casual shirts, think Izod/Nautica, also work well. 

I would hope not, some of my "Caribbean Shirts" cost as much as some of tuxs I've seen people wear... LOL

Larry

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2023 at 7:36 PM, beachfinder said:

I would hope not, some of my "Caribbean Shirts" cost as much as some of tuxs I've seen people wear... LOL

Larry

You've never priced a tux in your life, unless it's a used one from a rental company.

Now, here’s another dress question that I don’t think has been asked before. This may not be covered in the published dress code. Men’s shoes in the evening? There are now popular men’s shoes that look like low cut sneakers, but the tops are leather. Are these acceptable on Regent in the evenings, if all else complies with the dress code?

Colored tennis shoes types have been accepted regularly in the dinning room. No shorts or jeans are the unaccepted dress forms. Slacks and collared shirt are the stated requirements. No mention of shoes. Though I have never noticed sandals and the only reason I noticed the red high tops was because of the Santa socks worn with them.LOL 

We are on the Explorer at present en route to Japan in the pacific ocean, I can assure you there is no dress code whatsoever, or if there is its not enforced. We were in Pacific rim a few days ago, men walking in with sneakers and body warmer. Since then I have lost count of the amount of "scruffs" on this ship. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Now, here’s another dress question that I don’t think has been asked before. This may not be covered in the published dress code. Men’s shoes in the evening? There are now popular men’s shoes that look like low cut sneakers, but the tops are leather. Are these acceptable on Regent in the evenings, if all else complies with the dress code?

Due to the guest demographics and the inability to very the medical need for special shoes, the staff aren't as concerned over footwear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fudge said:

We are on the Explorer at present en route to Japan in the pacific ocean, I can assure you there is no dress code whatsoever, or if there is its not enforced. We were in Pacific rim a few days ago, men walking in with sneakers and body warmer. Since then I have lost count of the amount of "scruffs" on this ship. 

Sorry...what is a body warmer?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 1:10 PM, ronrick1943 said:

We were having dinner dinner with the Captain one night—-first thing he said—-if you like please take off your jacket and be conformable.

Funny, I was having dinner with the Captain one night and he said the same thing except it was "brassiere" instead of "jacket"...

• Haha 3

In all seriousness, we are going on a 16 night Regent sailing in January. Since we won't be too constrained with our luggage requirements on this trip, we are planning to "dress up" for what seem to be the 2 more formal evenings.  On these nights, are more men wearing suits, or tuxes?

15 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

In all seriousness, we are going on a 16 night Regent sailing in January. Since we won't be too constrained with our luggage requirements on this trip, we are planning to "dress up" for what seem to be the 2 more formal evenings.  On these nights, are more men wearing suits, or tuxes?

Location? E.g., Caribbean is more relaxed than EU. Etc….

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

These nights are Formal Optional - most people don't dress up but maybe 20% do....mostly suits.

12 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Since we won't be too constrained with our luggage requirements on this trip, we are planning to "dress up" for what seem to be the 2 more formal evenings.  On these nights, are more men wearing suits, or tuxes?

Since the evenings are "Formal Optional" it is very much down to personal preference as to what you wear.

You will see gentlemen wearing anything from shirt & slacks,  jackets, suits or tuxedos.

As @PhD-iva says the attire can vary depending on the location and vibe of the cruise and there are definitely more tuxedos to be seen at Christmas & New Year.

Hope you have a fabulous cruise through the Panama Canal in January 😎

• Like 1

16 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

We generally wear a blazer and sometimes with a tie on "formal optional" evenings.