OBS and Cruise with Confidence Scheme

Travelmadoldie

I have recently used the Cruise with Confidence scheme to cancel our transatlantic cruise.

The FCC and the refund of the rest has already been done but we have lost virtually all of our On Board spend. I have contacted our Elite agent but he is adamant that this is correct.

I can’t find any reference in the scheme to OBS but maybe I’m missing them.

I would be grateful to learn if this happened to anyone else?

@Travelmadoldie      Please help us understand your comments or questions.

We want to help.

I agree with skynight -- OBC normally do not carry over to a new booking.

You mention “scheme” is this the same as “policy”?

How about “Cruise with Confidence” is really “Book with Confidence”?

The FCC and the refund of the rest has already been done.  Please define “done”.

Your “elite agent” is really a travel agent?  Or is this a person from Princess?

Where all the guests fully paid and inside final payment?

Did you purchase Princess Insurance?

Thank you for your replies.

Sorry, should have been "Book" not "Cruise".

The cruise had been paid in full together with the credits accrued and have been repaid to us and the balance placed in our Princess account to use for the next cruise under the rules of the scheme/policy.

We use the Princess Elite staff to book our cruises.

We Brits cannot use the Princess Insurance.

So a mistake has been made previously as the On board spends have been transferred several times up until now.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

OBC (on board credit) is normally part of individual booking promotions. When you change bookings OBC normally does not carry over. 

Adding: Unless it's Goodwill OBC. So yes... I just rebooked my 4/23/21 cruise to save 800 FCC (already applied to summer cruise + 211.12 to carry over to 3/2023 cruise), lost 150 OBC, and my 20 Goodwill OBC evaporated.  Having PVP research and reapply that 20 OBC. Will go back to Customer Service if she can't 

Not sure how it works on the other side of the pond 

3 hours ago, Travelmadoldie said:

Thank you for your replies.

Sorry, should have been "Book" not "Cruise".

The cruise had been paid in full together with the credits accrued and have been repaid to us and the balance placed in our Princess account to use for the next cruise under the rules of the scheme/policy.

We use the Princess Elite staff to book our cruises.

We Brits cannot use the Princess Insurance.

So a mistake has been made previously as the On board spends have been transferred several times up until now.

How long did it take to get all your credits back?

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Adding: Unless it's Goodwill OBC. So yes... I just rebooked my 4/23/21 cruise to save 800 FCC (already applied to summer cruise + 211.12 to carry over to 3/2023 cruise), lost 150 OBC, and my 20 Goodwill OBC evaporated.  Having PVP research and reapply that 20 OBC. Will go back to Customer Service if she can't 

Not sure how it works on the other side of the pond 

Done. Fast. Think I'm going to like her too

I'm still waiting to hear back from Princess about my booking of the cruise I went on last week. I booked it two and a half weeks before sailing. I called the day after booking when balcony cabins were reduced to the same price as inside cabins. I spoke to nine different agents. The second one sent me a confirmation showing that I was getting $150 in OBC. I ended up getting just $25 for using an FCD.