Humorous Thanks to Norwegian!

CptBoatface

Have been drinking way too much coffee for 25 years. 2 pots a day.  On the norwegian bliss Mexican riviera cruise the coffee was...not...so, well, blissful. Helped me drastically reduce my coffee intake and I've now been drinking about 3 cups a day for the last month. Sleep is better, saving money and I'm far less twitchy. No other attempts to cut back or quit have worked before 

Food was great, however! Will recommend to anyone. But maybe spring for a Starbucks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Have been drinking way too much coffee for 25 years. 2 pots a day.  On the norwegian bliss Mexican riviera cruise the coffee was...not...so, well, blissful. Helped me drastically reduce my coffee intake and I've now been drinking about 3 cups a day for the last month. Sleep is better, saving money and I'm far less twitchy. No other attempts to cut back or quit have worked before 

Food was great, however! Will recommend to anyone. But maybe spring for a Starbucks 

I am that rare person who drinks no coffee. I don't like the taste and would not even eat coffee ice cream. I used to drink about a cup a year and run around like a speed freak, but I cut down.

DW, on the other hand, seems to be addicted to decaf. Since the caffeine is the addicting ingredient, I do not understand that. But hey, what man ever understands a woman.😊

• Haha 1

Cruise coffee is what got my DW started on coffee.  She hated it but loves the Cappuccino and has one every morning and evening on a cruise.  She comes home and it stops.  I always had to buy a coffee card on Princess but now it comes with most packages on Princess, Celebrity and NCL .  

coffee-coffee-time.gif

• Like 1

I've never *loved* the drip coffee on cruise ships, but what surprised me was that recently it is impossible to get a coffee at the bars. They make alcoholic coffees, but would refuse to give me one without the alcohol last time I sailed, which makes no sense imho

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I've never *loved* the drip coffee on cruise ships, but what surprised me was that recently it is impossible to get a coffee at the bars. They make alcoholic coffees, but would refuse to give me one without the alcohol last time I sailed, which makes no sense imho

The pressed coffee at Cagney's is the strongest I have ever tasted. As they say it'll " put hair on your chest!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

The pressed coffee at Cagney's is the strongest I have ever tasted. As they say it'll " put hair on your chest!!"

I'll be sailing in the Haven in March, so I am excited about the nespresso in the room haha 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I am that rare person who drinks no coffee. I don't like the taste and would not even eat coffee ice cream. I used to drink about a cup a year and run around like a speed freak, but I cut down.

DW, on the other hand, seems to be addicted to decaf. Since the caffeine is the addicting ingredient, I do not understand that. But hey, what man ever understands a woman.😊

I'm rarer than you.  I had one cup in my life, when I was 16.  I'm 72 now.  It's "tea for me"!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

i am also that rare person that can not drink coffee. i too dont like the taste of it and i am not that old either. never gotten into it. i prefer tea 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I'll be sailing in the Haven in March, so I am excited about the nespresso in the room haha 

Those Nespresso machines in the room make very good coffee.  

They are the originals.  I have the Vertuo Nespresso at home, which is also very good.  But, the ones in the Haven make good coffee, too....actually better than the French press coffee in the Haven Restaurant (which tends to be bitter).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Those Nespresso machines in the room make very good coffee.  

They are the originals.  I have the Vertuo Nespresso at home, which is also very good.  But, the ones in the Haven make good coffee, too....actually better than the French press coffee in the Haven Restaurant (which tends to be bitter).

I have a Nespresso Mini Essenza at home, which I use a lot!  

• Like 1