Cabin change - Millennium

CruiseCrew123

19 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Unfortunately this is just part of cruising today.  Yes it's upsetting when you select your "special" room years in advance.  But were you paying extra for that "special" balcony, no not this year.  But you will be in the future where they have re-classified any room with a "special" attribute to generate more revenue.

We were on a B2B sailing on Connie in January.   We learned in a private conversation that they had to change rooms for 200 people at the last minute.  I'm sure it was because the dynamic covid situation onboard.  1 sailing 1/2 of deck 7 was closed off and the second one all of deck 7 was closed.  We were also told by crew that they were being spread out into single occupancy rooms temporarily.

I'm sympathetic as I'm booked on a deck 7 aft C1 in March.  If they close deck 7 the only available C1 cabin is on deck 6 without the aft view and a much smaller balcony.  If I were reassigned to this cabin I'd certainly be disappointed and yes I'd ask for a downgrade to a FV if available but would not expect to be upgraded to A1 or Suite.

Cruise lines reserve the right, as per the contract we all sign, to make changes with no notice, whether it be to rooms or ports of call.  We may find out our room has been changed even after we board.  Like it, not always, but accept it I do, goes with the territory, especially now more than ever.  Please let us know how your march to the hotel manager goes.  

24 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

@LGW59 I think you quoted the wrong person.  I also stated this is a situation more common with the times and you really aren't entitled to anything other than what you booked.

I meant to start my response, I totally agree, my apologies

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Our TA has been a complete star and managed to get us an upgrade to Aqua - couldn’t be happier 😃

Excellent. Now that's a positive outcome. Although I feel they're upgrading more and more people these days for minor issues, even on board.

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

Excellent. Now that's a positive outcome. Although I feel they're upgrading more and more people these days for minor issues, even on board.

Primarily because they can.  In normal times they simply lack the empty rooms to make upgrades. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Our TA has been a complete star and managed to get us an upgrade to Aqua - couldn’t be happier 😃

Thanks for updating us, and I'm really glad to hear they came through for you!!  Hope you have a great cruise!!!

On 2/16/2022 at 10:03 PM, CruiseCrew123 said:

Why so  rude ? If you read it properly I booked this cruise 2 years ago and the cruise is only 4 days away . My post was a warning to others to check !

I'm not being rude.  I only stated the reality with cruising now, whether it's good or bad.  During this time,  there is  much uncertainty with a new or old booking and you have to be flexible to manage your expectations and disappointment.

Cabin changes and ports changes have been widely reported on social media.  I understand your frustration and you booked in 2020.  However, CWC is a good option if a particular stateroom, port or COVID protocols is a priority.  Airlines are waiving change fees, which make last minute cancelling more palpable.  

Looks like you identified alternatives to the stateroom change that will work for you.  Hopefully, you enjoy your cruise despite Celebrity's change.   

We were on Apex B2B in January.  Had to move rooms.  We were on Deck 9  (SS) moving to Deck 9 (IV).  Packed up ALL our stuff and went down to  do the B2B procedure. When getting back on the ship we stated our room and they couldn't find a key, then by name they found it and said "you have been moved to 12---, deck 12".  It was right under OV Cafe.  We had to go to Guests Services and have it changed.  We ended up in an obstructed view (not bad) room on 11. I didn't have it in me to waste anymore vacation time arguing and changing.  Now to find ALL our stuff!!  Of course, we were assured it would find us - it didn't.  Our room attendant finally found it (around 3 PM) in a room that wasn't even one of the several rooms we were assigned that day.  It was a wrinkled mess, because I packed as if it would be an hour or two.  I'm just glad they found it, because it had everything in it.  Do I understand they have to make changes, yes.  Do I mind the changes, no, as long as they are communicated to me with time to process and make educated choices.  I was on their ship, there is no way they tried to let me know.  They knew exactly were I was at all times.  

Holland America upgraded us years ago with out telling us. We found out at the pier. We asked for our old cabins and they said no. That was our last cruise with them. Yes they have a right to move us and we have the right to go elsewhere. Over 50 sailings and only be moved once.