Cabin change - Millennium

CruiseCrew123

I wouldn't be happy either. I wish I knew which cabin you have been given, I could look up my preferred site for availability and see if there are some you'd rather have.  You CAN request a change to another cabin same category if there's one available.

It may be that they're using a deck for the 14-day quarantine of oncoming crew.  We were moved from a deck 6 room on Equinox back in September for this reason.  Like you we had a selected room, and were moved to one that was considered an upgrade, but not by me.  I called Celebrity, and they quickly worked it out to my satisfaction. 

Harris

Denver, CO

This has been happening frequently due to passenger cabins being used for quarantine of new crew as well as being set aside for issolation of any covid cases onboard.

On Constellation in January the entire deck 7 was closed off.   If your cabins were on deck 7 since this is another M class ship my money is this is the reason.

We booked this specific cabin 7166 back in January 2020

Our TA had been told that this had been mandated as a quarantine cabin . They have moved us to a regular balcony cabin on the same deck and $200 obc - we already have premium drinks etc and $450 obc so not happy with that as a solution 😞

53 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

We booked this specific cabin 7166 back in January 2020

Our TA had been told that this had been mandated as a quarantine cabin . They have moved us to a regular balcony cabin on the same deck and $200 obc - we already have premium drinks etc and $450 obc so not happy with that as a solution 😞

Fingers crossed. I am booked in 7166 for the upcoming Christmas cruise.

20 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Cabins and ports can change/will while sailing doing a pandemic.  If you cannot be flexible do not book a cruise at this time.  You can always cancel under CWC and pick a different sail date. 

Why so  rude ? If you read it properly I booked this cruise 2 years ago and the cruise is only 4 days away . My post was a warning to others to check !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, omeinv said:

It may be that they're using a deck for the 14-day quarantine of oncoming crew.  We were moved from a deck 6 room on Equinox back in September for this reason.  Like you we had a selected room, and were moved to one that was considered an upgrade, but not by me.  I called Celebrity, and they quickly worked it out to my satisfaction. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Hi Harris. Do you mind saying what cabin you had and what Celebrity did for you?  We had a 2C cabin on the slant on Equinox deck 6, and just today they moved us (w no notice) to a 2B cabin on Deck 7.  We picked the original cabin for the larger balcony. Debating about a call to them.

1 hour ago, ohiolovescrusing said:

Hi Harris. Do you mind saying what cabin you had and what Celebrity did for you?  We had a 2C cabin on the slant on Equinox deck 6, and just today they moved us (w no notice) to a 2B cabin on Deck 7.  We picked the original cabin for the larger balcony. Debating about a call to them.

This was on Equinox, a Solstice class ship.  I was booked in 6210, which is a 2D (Obstructed View) veranda.  However, it has a larger than normal veranda, which is why I selected it.  Initially, I got a call from Celebrity, leaving me a voice message (I was out of the country at that moment) advising me of a change to a cabin on deck 7.  This was an upgrade in the sense I went from a 2D to a 2A or 2B (non-obstructed) veranda.  When I got back I called and explained my concern.  The person I talked to understood my concern, but had to check with the Resolutions Dept.  I got a call back a short while later, and they moved me to a 1A, which has the same large balcony.  I was very pleased with this resolution. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Why so  rude ? If you read it properly I booked this cruise 2 years ago and the cruise is only 4 days away . My post was a warning to others to check !

There's a FV 8183 available.  They only give those out when no families are booking them.  I wonder if you could talk them into it.   Sob a little bit as you tell them how much you liked the cabin you booked in 2020!!  😁  Maybe offer them back their $200 OBC!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, omeinv said:

This was on Equinox, a Solstice class ship.  I was booked in 6210, which is a 2D (Obstructed View) veranda.  However, it has a larger than normal veranda, which is why I selected it.  Initially, I got a call from Celebrity, leaving me a voice message (I was out of the country at that moment) advising me of a change to a cabin on deck 7.  This was an upgrade in the sense I went from a 2D to a 2A or 2B (non-obstructed) veranda.  When I got back I called and explained my concern.  The person I talked to understood my concern, but had to check with the Resolutions Dept.  I got a call back a short while later, and they moved me to a 1A, which has the same large balcony.  I was very pleased with this resolution. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Thx.  I’m thinking of calling them tomorrow and asking for a 1A on Deck 7… a mid-ship slant like I had (but it was a 2C) 6241.  We leave this weekend.  No notice on our change, just happened to be looking at excursions and noticed. 

Of course the first thing you'd want to check is that the cabin you would find acceptable is available.  They have to have an option that is doable.  If you do a mock booking you should see available cabins.

Harris

Denver, CO

8 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I agree.
And I also think that Celebrity should have given an explanation along with an apology. Certainly not the way to go about keeping loyal passengers. 😱

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 2

Definitely find which cabins are available and acceptable and then request being changed to one of those. Most of us on the Celebrity boards "know" which are the more desirable cabins on the various ship classes and book accordingly.

A phone call or personal email should be Celebrity's method of notifying guests that due to Covid quarantine potential their cabins are being set aside for those who develop the virus once aboard.

I am gratified to know that those in quarantine will have a veranda to enjoy- my biggest fear about sailing during Covid times would be confinement to an inside cabin for the duration of the cruise!

15 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Anyone on the 2/21 sailing . Check your cruise pass - all three of our party have had their rooms changed just now . We have been moved from a wedge shaped balcony near the aft to regular mid ship - really not happy 😡 

Curious, is your booking with a TA or Celebrity?  If you are booked with a TA they are the ones who should notify you of the cabin change and they should also go to bat to get you a cabin similar to hat you booked. 

12 hours ago, TeaBag said:

There's a FV 8183 available.  They only give those out when no families are booking them.  I wonder if you could talk them into it.   Sob a little bit as you tell them how much you liked the cabin you booked in 2020!!  😁  Maybe offer them back their $200 OBC!

Yes - I noticed that one and asked but they said no . My TA is escalating  it . Thank you 🙏 

We are currently on Constellation.  They moved everyone on Deck 7 from stateroom 7126 on the starboard side, and 7131 on the port side, from there and forward for quarantine area.  It was blocked off with a sign.  We had an O/V stateroom on Deck 3, 3127, and we got a comp upgrade to a concierge stateroom on Deck 8 when we checked in at the pier.  Pleasant surprise.  They are using all the deck 3 staterooms for crew overflow/social distancing, yada, yada, yada.

3 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Booked with a TA but they haven’t been notified yet . Just looked on app and cabin has been moved again !!!! Still no larger balcony . Luckily my TA is on my cruise so we will be going straight to the hotel manager when we  board 

To be honest, I would be VERY angry about this turn of events!  We purposely book wayyyyy in advance on all of our cruises to ensure we can get an oversized COVERED balcony - regular balconies, even if "covered" don't provide nearly enough shade, and I can't be in the sun for more than very short periods.

For example, 8283 on Eclipse and 7206 on Millie for the next two X cruises we have coming up. If we were to find out literally just days prior to one of those cruises that we were being moved to a smaller balcony that is virtually useless for us, they'd have to do a whole lot more than offer a paltry $200 - we already pay a premium in many cases to secure those balconies for a reason. 

Good luck CruiseCrew123... and please let us know if they are able to resolve this for you. Either way, I hope you are able to enjoy your upcoming cruise... sure wish we were going to be boarding soon, but alas, we have to wait until Sept... le sighhhhhh.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately this is just part of cruising today.  Yes it's upsetting when you select your "special" room years in advance.  But were you paying extra for that "special" balcony, no not this year.  But you will be in the future where they have re-classified any room with a "special" attribute to generate more revenue.

We were on a B2B sailing on Connie in January.   We learned in a private conversation that they had to change rooms for 200 people at the last minute.  I'm sure it was because the dynamic covid situation onboard.  1 sailing 1/2 of deck 7 was closed off and the second one all of deck 7 was closed.  We were also told by crew that they were being spread out into single occupancy rooms temporarily.

I'm sympathetic as I'm booked on a deck 7 aft C1 in March.  If they close deck 7 the only available C1 cabin is on deck 6 without the aft view and a much smaller balcony.  If I were reassigned to this cabin I'd certainly be disappointed and yes I'd ask for a downgrade to a FV if available but would not expect to be upgraded to A1 or Suite.