Celebrity Check in process

cruisinfever

59 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

And that's why it makes sense to print out the boarding pass. Staple it on top of your printed covid test results. In your other hand is your passport and your vaccination card. There's REALLY no point in the mobile app check in if you still have to show physical documents. The phone really complicates things, TBH. When it becomes a one step process, literally scanning a QR code and not having to show ANY physical documents, THEN a mobile app makes sense. Until then it's definitely NOT easier, especially when multiple people at different checkpoints have to look all the documents. 

I always print everything "just in case," but we sometimes need our phones to produce the negative Covid-19 test results when we are traveling more than 2 days from home prior to boarding. Sometimes we can't print those. I those cases we screen shot the results "just in case" we have phone failure lol.

Anyone from the U.K. been through this process? I have cards for all three jabs,  but my husband didn’t get a card for his booster. We both have the NHS  covid pass, showing fully vaccinated.  Is there the facility to upload this instead of vaccination cards? 

4 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

Anyone from the U.K. been through this process? I have cards for all three jabs,  but my husband didn’t get a card for his booster. We both have the NHS  covid pass, showing fully vaccinated.  Is there the facility to upload this instead of vaccination cards? 

You don't need a booster to sail Celebrity, so the cards from your husband's first two doses should suffice.

• Like 1

I also always print copies in addition to the to the electronic ones.   It came in handy last cruise out of San Diego.   They had a problem and Internet wasn't available inside the terminal and they even lost connectivity to the ships and celebrity reservation system.

They had to do it manually and took about 20 minutes to get us checked in as a Suite passenger.   By the way.   It crashed as we were 1/2 through the checkin process and suddenly the agents iPad type devices just went dead.   Even the hard terminal went down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sunlover33 said:

Hi, 

We took a screen shot of the three jabs (two screenshots) from the NHS covid pass and this has been accepted for our upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also always print copies in addition to the to the electronic ones.   It came in handy last cruise out of San Diego.   They had a problem and Internet wasn't available inside the terminal and they even lost connectivity to the ships and celebrity reservation system.

They had to do it manually and took about 20 minutes to get us checked in as a Suite passenger.   By the way.   It crashed as we were 1/2 through the checkin process and suddenly the agents iPad type devices just went dead.   Even the hard terminal went down.

We boarded a X ship one morning after there was an earlier tornado in Ft. Lauderdale. There was no electricity on the terminal  and even the xray machines weren't working.  What a nightmare! We ALWAYS  have paper copies! 

• Like 1

Just off the EQ. Did all check in on my laptop as soon as it opened. Took pics and we uploaded them. Same with the vaxx cards.  Printed the express passes just in case. So nice to get luggage tags. Check in was pretty quick but the person checking us in wasn't sure about our test docs. She had to take them to a supervisor who approved them (printed from CVS with all the info). Had to wait a few minutes until our "time" was called (11- 11:30). So easy and quick.  Took about 15 minutes total.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Currently check in is available at 45 days prior to cruise but in the past when activating a ship that has not been in service it was further delayed.

Check in for our upcoming Apex cruise (3/19) was not available until exactly 30 days prior.   Maybe it’s different for different sailings?  

17 hours ago, JOVERNITE said:

Just off the EQ. Did all check in on my laptop as soon as it opened. Took pics and we uploaded them. Same with the vaxx cards.  Printed the express passes just in case. So nice to get luggage tags. Check in was pretty quick but the person checking us in wasn't sure about our test docs. She had to take them to a supervisor who approved them (printed from CVS with all the info). Had to wait a few minutes until our "time" was called (11- 11:30). So easy and quick.  Took about 15 minutes total.

Good point. This happened to us when we boarded the Summit in St. Maarten last summer. We had printouts of our PCR test results from CVS Minute Clinic, but - at least at that time - the results referenced NAAT and Molecular POCT tests, but nowhere on the page did it say "PCR" (and, of course, not "Antigen"), so they would not accept our test results and made us retake the test at the pier. They did not charge us, and all was well, but it was frustrating. Had no problem using the same test for our December cruise out of FL, fortunately. 

17 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

Check in for our upcoming Apex cruise (3/19) was not available until exactly 30 days prior.   Maybe it’s different for different sailings?  

Interesting.    I've seen that before and your post should be a good alert for us check on our particular cruises.    My favorite quote is -  Celebrity  is consistently inconsistent.   

I checked on the App by clicking on the head icon at top and it tells the date Check-In will start.     My 3 cruises on Silhouette in April all are exactly at 45 days.   I checked reservations for August and none are available on the App.

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting.    I've seen that before and your post should be a good alert for us check on our particular cruises.    My favorite quote is -  Celebrity  is consistently inconsistent.   

I checked on the App by clicking on the head icon at top and it tells the date Check-In will start.     My 3 cruises on Silhouette in April all are exactly at 45 days.   I checked reservations for August and none are available on the App.

Interesting.  We have B2B cruises in April and May.  The app says that the first one has check in available 45 days in advance, and the second one has check in available 46 days in advance.  Both check in dates fall on weekdays, in the middle of the week (i.e., this is not an issue of avoiding weekends by moving to the next prior date).

Tom & Judy

On 2/23/2022 at 1:30 PM, LGW59 said:

Agree.  The good old fashioned manila folder is your friend, I still print my boarding pass for air travel, SOO much easier

Love my folder.  Insurance info, flight tix, additional flight schedules, boarding XPress pass, TA invoice,  airport parking location, Passenger Contract, a tiny notebook, names/phone of emergency contacts, etc

Prepared for EVERY eventuality.   Saved my bacon more than once.  Also have all the back up for the eventual billing snafus.  I got it in writing.  Never had pushback on a billing snafu, as a result!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mbddisney said:

I am seeing Walgreens has what is called a Rapid Diagnostic test  with results in 24 hours.  Does anyone know if this allowed by Celebrity

Yes, the Abbot ID Now test is accepted. I have used Walgreens tests for three Celebrity cruises so far and intend to do so again for my March 19 sailing.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:52 PM, Jim_Iain said:

yup I do agree.  Technology is great until it is NOT.

Paperwork is great to have.  and especially if going overseas.  too many people trust their apps.

I have a saying  Apps my __ ss.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I love it when the e-docs show up.   It signals the count down and suddenly seems "REAL".  

Agreed. That's also why I love getting luggage tags mailed to me even though I can print them and have luggage tag holders.

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

Agreed. That's also why I love getting luggage tags mailed to me even though I can print them and have luggage tag holders.

I never heard of luggage tag holders for cruising. Tell me more! 😊 I like the idea because I'm always concerned that tags might get ripped off between pier check-in and arrival at my cabin. On a January cruise on Mariner there were announcements multiple times about one cabin's bags that were missing, asking cruisers to check to make sure they got their own bags!

1 minute ago, BAYA said:

I never heard of luggage tag holders for cruising. Tell me more! 😊 I like the idea because I'm always concerned that tags might get ripped off between pier check-in and arrival at my cabin. On a January cruise on Mariner there were announcements multiple times about one cabin's bags that were missing, asking cruisers to check to make sure they got their own bags!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071J4VQNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BAYA said:

I bought them on Amazon. The paper tags fit inside. They come in different sizes since different cruise lines have different sized tags. They're great!

https://www.amazon.com/Celebrity-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Cruise/dp/B07WPW9MJH/ref=sr_1_5?crid=19G71UXEDPLUM&keywords=luggage+tag+holders+for+celebrity+cruise+ship&qid=1645804887&sprefix=luggage+tag+holders+for+celeb%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-5

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

We used this same process on Royal in November. I checked us in on the Celebrity app last nght for our March 20th sailing. Easy peasy!  I upload our drivers license photos this time rather than snap a new pic where requested.  I do still take all the paper documents with us!!

10 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I bought them on Amazon. The paper tags fit inside. They come in different sizes since different cruise lines have different sized tags. They're great!

https://www.amazon.com/Celebrity-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Cruise/dp/B07WPW9MJH/ref=sr_1_5?crid=19G71UXEDPLUM&keywords=luggage+tag+holders+for+celebrity+cruise+ship&qid=1645804887&sprefix=luggage+tag+holders+for+celeb%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-5

Thanks!!

• Like 1