Face Mask update

29 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Bound to happen on some cruises. IMO, just go with the flow. The ship is tracking the number of cases. So, they know how close the ship is to the red line where ports refuse entry. 🙂

Whatever I think about masking and mandates, I agree to go with the flow. As long as I can cruise, I am happy!

• Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, Sobro said:

I would accept testing pre- cruise over the masking requirements. We just finished two weeks at sea on Feb 6 and spending a couple of hours total taking three tests was much less onerous than wearing a mask everywhere indoors.

Test 1 to enter Puerto Rico.

Test 2 to board NCL Epic

Test 3 to board Explorer

Although I hate wear a mask due to claustrophobia which can cause a panic attack, I’d rather wear a mask than having swabs up my nose.  😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, iuki said:

Although I hate wear a mask due to claustrophobia which can cause a panic attack, I’d rather wear a mask than having swabs up my nose.  😂

Swabs in the nose last a total of 10 to 15 seconds vs having to wear a mask for a lot longer than that. I'll take the nasal swab any day over having to wear a mask.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2022 at 3:10 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

But a business (and that's what Royal is) should be able to determine what (if anything) clothing is required to enter.  IMO, if businesses are allowed to say "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service", then they're allowed to say "No Mask, No Service".  Doesn't matter if I (the customer) agree with it or not.  I'm free to go somewhere else.

If you want to continue to wear a mask, go right ahead.  But, using your logic of "there could be another variant around the corner", that means you will wear a mask for the rest of your life.  Personally, I'm not going to do that.  If a business requires masks and I want to do business there, I'll wear a mask.  If they don't (or don't enforce it), I won't.  

I agree, RCL also has to compete with land vacations in Florida, which do not require masks, testing or has any risk of quarantine.

18 minutes ago, travelhound said:

I agree, RCL also has to compete with land vacations in Florida, which do not require masks, testing or has any risk of quarantine.

But Covid 19 is not gone, there are still cases with the existing variant. I have read studies where the Omicron 2 spreads faster than the first one. In my opinion this is not the time to relax re Covid. The CDC used to be trust worthy,  but they have flipped flopped so many times trying to play politics.

im glad people are happy about being maskless, but I hope case counts don’t increase on the ship since the crew will be affected the most.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bruce85 said:

We sail Thursday 2/24, one day before new mask rules. Do you think they will make the change mid cruise or on change for us?

We were on Freedom on the 14th of February, the day before updated mask policy was going to change. Our sailing had to stay masked the whole time.

38 minutes ago, travelhound said:

But you'd have to go to Florida. You'd also probably pay a lot more money for the same food and entertainment.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

But Covid 19 is not gone, there are still cases with the existing variant. I have read studies where the Omicron 2 spreads faster than the first one. In my opinion this is not the time to relax re Covid. The CDC used to be trust worthy,  but they have flipped flopped so many times trying to play politics.

im glad people are happy about being maskless, but I hope case counts don’t increase on the ship since the crew will be affected the most.

Covid will never be gone. Just like any other airborne virus.  Doesn't mean we have to live in fear of it the rest of our lives.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Covid will never be gone. Just like any other airborne virus.  Doesn't mean we have to live in fear of it the rest of our lives.

Didn’t say anything about fear, There are people who have compromised health issues.

Read a recent study about healthy people who are only Vit D deficient who are being hospitalized for bad Covid symptoms.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Didn’t say anything about fear, There are people who have compromised health issues.

Read a recent study about healthy people who are only Vit D deficient who are being hospitalized for bad Covid symptoms.

Those individuals need to examine their particular situations, and modify their lives to the extent that makes them comfortable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

People who have compromised health have always had to be careful.   The rest of the world can't spend all our time protecting everyone else for the rest of our lives.  Anyone who has compromised health has always had to protect their own health.    We have to live our lives.  It's been known almost since the beginning of the pandemic that low vit D puts people at more risk and that's a very easy way to protect yourself.  People accept risk everyday of their lives, just by driving, showering, riding motorcycles, walking across the street.  You have to accept there is risk in pretty much everything you do everyday but you can't let it stop you from living.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, BND said:

People who have compromised health have always had to be careful.   The rest of the world can't spend all our time protecting everyone else for the rest of our lives.  Anyone who has compromised health has always had to protect their own health.    We have to live our lives.  It's been known almost since the beginning of the pandemic that low vit D puts people at more risk and that's a very easy way to protect yourself.  People accept risk everyday of their lives, just by driving, showering, riding motorcycles, walking across the street.  You have to accept there is risk in pretty much everything you do everyday but you can't let it stop you from living.  

You are dismissed! - We keep forgetting that "spreading" common sense is forbidden these days; so, one shall stop deliver it.

Voyage, Voyage

55 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

And there were people with compromised health issues before covid, too, that fell victim to ailments most people don't.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, exm said:

And cloth masks haven't proven to be very effective either. If you want to mask-up, get a properly fit N-95 masks.

And yeah, Omicron 2 might spread faster but it's not deadlier or more contagious. Folks who recovered form Omicron 1 are not likely to be infected.

It's really time as a society to move one, treat this as the annual flu and protect the folks that need to be protected.  On a side note: I am absolutely outraged that in blue states (like NY, where i live), 5 year old children are still being masked at school. Insanity and I hope voters will finally notice. There's no excuse or reason for the Adventure Ocean kids to be masked, either.

So back to cruising: I am waiting for the Bahamas to drop or relax their testing requirements, which will be picked up by Royal.

I am bringing N95 and I made sure they are not the fake ones.

I wish the testing would go away, testing people with no symptoms makes no sense. For the testing to work someone has to have a big enough viral load to show on the test.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I am bringing N95 and I made sure they are not the fake ones.

I wish the testing would go away, testing people with no symptoms makes no sense. For the testing to work someone has to have a big enough viral load to show on the test.

Are you also not going to do any indoor dining? 

Again..masks are strictly Covid theater on ships because of the indoor dining aspect of cruising. If you dine with 1000s of unmasked people for hours, you will be exposed if anyone around you has Covid. Th

Tests are a snapshot in time and dont prevent people with Covid from boarding

Vaccines dont stop the spread of the virus.

Remember the days when people assessed their own level of risk and took appropriate mitigation measures for themselves? I long for those days....

• Like 4