Price of basic internet while onboard.

JTBCruiser

Just now, JTBCruiser said:

Looking for the least cost option if we pay for a few days.

Use the D Surf day to straddle two days when you need it, use Wifi in ports and use the 15 min of Stream that comes with going to the App/Play store.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, Biker19 said:

$18 of Surf and $23 for Stream - if you buy a package. $26 and $31 for 24 hours.

You should get sales that they have for your ship. We are sailing out on the LIberty April 24th and get emails with sales monthly. We have one going that has internet for $16 a day. I have seen as low as $12. So worth checking those sales they send you. I got some great ones on Black Friday.

19 minutes ago, cruzinisgood said:

You should get sales that they have for your ship. We are sailing out on the LIberty April 24th and get emails with sales monthly. We have one going that has internet for $16 a day. I have seen as low as $12. So worth checking those sales they send you. I got some great ones on Black Friday.

Those sales are pre-booking via the cruise planner, and it would consist of an internet package for the entire number of sailing days/nights.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, smokeybandit said:

using your cell carrier's international day plan which tends to be pretty cheap for a day.

Or switch to T-mobile with unlimited 2G data in most every cruise port country.  Also unlimited texting.  Calls are 25 cents per minute.

Or, use wifi calling in port from one of the many wifi hotspots.  Starbucks and McD always have free wifi.  Or ask the crew, they always know the good wifi hotsports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Only the high end newer ones ( I think from S9 onward).

You've always been the IT genius.  If the Samsung can spot a wifi connection, it actually needs an open wifi source to do so, right?  You would still need to purchase the wifi package or it wouldn't work, right?

20 hours ago, Valentina84 said:

can the iphone 13 pro max enable hotspot on cruises?

I dont think apple allows you to do that stock.  You have to jailbreak it which I do not recommend.  My wife has samsung s10 and I have iphone 10 so it works for us.  Of course you have to be within 25 feet of each other as well.  I hardly use my phone on a cruise so its not worth it to sign up.

It is not a matter of jailbreaking.

To hotspot a wifi connection, the phone needs two wifi chipsets.  One to communicate with the wifi connection to the internet and one to connect to the devices you want to share that connection with.

The normal hotspotting uses cellular data.  So the cell data chipset talks to the internet and the wifi chipset talks to the devices that are sharing the connection.

From Odyssey in January 2022.  

CD0A15B2-31B8-448B-8DBC-CBF83E29B213.thumb.jpeg.fa0133626c26d8b514f04cd86ec9ddc1.jpeg

If you start your free Diamond day at noon it last until noon the next day.  You sort of get 2 days from one 24 hour pass.  If you and your spouse are creative that’s sort of 4 days of coverage.  

Just now, vegasbetsy said:

Question, If i purchase a plan for one device do I have to use the same device each time. I would like to use my iPad mostly, but my iPhone at cococay. Is it possible to switch?

Yes - you can switch devices with a one device plan.