Spending Generous OBC

cruisinclined

4 hours ago, cruisinclined said:

Some posts suggest shopping could be good with handbags and jewellery mentioned.  Also Christmas gifts. We would also like to book Chef's table, I wonder if this is done on boarding or can it be booked beforehand?

We also liked the Quest.

You can book the Chef’s table as soon as you board. You’ll find a reservation table set up inside the main entrance to Windows Buffet on Deck 9. Depending on numbers there may be another desk set up somewhere on Deck 5 - either I’d Discoveries bar or in the Den. You can make all your reservations for the speciality restaurants there & they will know which nights there will be other events like the White Night & destination evening/ Azamazing evening.
In the past they have also offered a special Indonesian Dinner at $25 a head on some cruises. We’ve never done it, but people who have say it’s very good. 

• Like 1

I'm willing to help...for those still struggling, please transfer your unused OBC to my June Spain Intensive Cruise.

This board has been so helpful. I want to give back in some way and help people spend their OBC. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Last time we bought my husband a nice Longines watch. The time before I got a Coach bag. I also pay for the daily access to the thalassotherapy spa and we book the speciality restaurant packages as well. 

Edited by lahore

We have substantial OBC on our first two Azamara cruises, which will be back-to-back. Thus, we have booked several shore excursions on each. 

We don't think the upgraded beverage packages make sense for us, as we don't drink many cocktails, but we do plan to use some of our OBC for corkage fees. The first cruise is mostly in Spain and the second cruise starts in Portugal, with another port there. We will have ample opportunities to pick up some lovely wines ashore. From what I've read, the included wines are often less than wonderful. 

On 2/19/2022 at 8:39 PM, Leo_On_Geo said:

Only if it is refundable OBC, usually given by  Travel Agent.  All OBC given by Azamara is non refundable and can not be used for crew welfare fund. Mostly used my OBC on excursions, but spent the last $200 on Elmis face creams from the spa, they were much cheaper than the brands sold in the shops. Shops need to get better. 

I always spend my left over OBC on spa products as they are often much cheaper on board than here in Scotland. These can make wonderful gifts for family and friends once back home - if I have bought surplus!! The hand and nail cream especially is a great hit as a gift and not too heavy to carry home.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:02 PM, suttonrunner said:

I also have generous onboard spending money.  I had already spent mine in my head but with the comment about the shop being disappointing  maybe I shall buy my perfume in the Airport rather than be disappointed on board.  I intend to upgrade to ultimate drinks  package (Already have premium package)   and plan to buy an unlimited Wifi package and spend on shore excursions.  Already have the speciality restaurants being in a suite but definitely would like to try the chef's table. This will be my 5th and 6th Azamara cruise all on the Quest.  (I am a solo passenger and board in a few days B2B exciting times at last).

Do let us know how the Quest cruise goes and how you spent your OBC. We have done 2 b to bs on two ships including the Quest and enjoyed both equally.

14 minutes ago, cruisinclined said:

Do let us know how the Quest cruise goes and how you spent your OBC. We have done 2 b to bs on two ships including the Quest and enjoyed both equally.

I will let you know, don't have much time  to spend it now  but I shall try my best once on board on Sunday  I love shopping.  I hope the Chefs table and the speciality restaurants are not fully booked before I get there.  Yes looking forward to staying onboard for the next cruise too - I do like the Quest it is  such a lovely ship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suttonrunner said:

I will let you know, don't have much time  to spend it now  but I shall try my best once on board on Sunday  I love shopping.  I hope the Chefs table and the speciality restaurants are not fully booked before I get there.  Yes looking forward to staying onboard for the next cruise too - I do like the Quest it is  such a lovely ship.  

Immediately you board speak to Guest Relations - they should be ready for you.  If they cannot help you with bookings etc ask to speak to Ryzard the Hotel Director who is very very customer focussed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Immediately you board speak to Guest Relations - they should be ready for you.  If they cannot help you with bookings etc ask to speak to Ryzard the Hotel Director who is very very customer focussed.

Thank you UK TOG,  when I board normally I go straight to book my speciality restaurants as they are included in my fare, but missed out this time.   I hope I get chance to at least have some time there as the speciality restaurants for me are lovely and part of my holiday.  I shall go to guest relations as you say when I board.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, suttonrunner said:

Thank you UK TOG,  when I board normally I go straight to book my speciality restaurants as they are included in my fare, but missed out this time.   I hope I get chance to at least have some time there as the speciality restaurants for me are lovely and part of my holiday.  I shall go to guest relations as you say when I board.

As you are boarding mid cruise, I suggested Guest Relations as you may be taken straight there anyway to do the registrations etc.  They will also know your circumstances so should hopefully go the extra mile.  Thats why I did not suggest the standard booking desk they have each day in Windows Cafe.  Its staffed during the day but its just by a waiter, not with someone with "clout"

Good luck!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Absolutely agree, especially regarding Ryszard.

• Like 2

Just before covid we had the same 'problem', we had $850.00 USD on board credit and I was worried about spending it as we never take the ship's excursions, nor do we ever go into the shops.  I did manage to spend $150.00 on a full ship tour on a sea day though (which was amazing), and my husband managed to spend about $50 on the occasional glass of port with his cheese selection after dinner on some nights.  A few days before we were going to disembark I mentioned to him we needed to go to the gift shop.  We just couldn't find anything until we spied a Special Edition Red Arrow pilot's watch.  As our son had just become a citizen of the UK, and he was a pilot, it was an ideal gift for him.  We purchased it, and it used up most of of our balance.  Perfect we thought!

The next day I noticed my husband was setting the watch and had already read the whole manual.  He had it on his wrist and was very reluctant to take it off.  I got the hint and said 'do you want to go back and get another one for our son this time?'  🙂  He said yes, yes, yes.  And we spent another $600 or so that was put on our credit card.  I laughed and said Azamara sure had us figured out!  We would not even have gone looking in the first place in the store unless we had a credit to spend and now we were spending lots more!  🙂 

And three years later my husband still loves his watch and wears it every day.  Our son too!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2022 at 5:30 PM, Lynda S said:

Just before covid we had the same 'problem', we had $850.00 USD on board credit and I was worried about spending it as we never take the ship's excursions, nor do we ever go into the shops.  I did manage to spend $150.00 on a full ship tour on a sea day though (which was amazing), and my husband managed to spend about $50 on the occasional glass of port with his cheese selection after dinner on some nights.  A few days before we were going to disembark I mentioned to him we needed to go to the gift shop.  We just couldn't find anything until we spied a Special Edition Red Arrow pilot's watch.  As our son had just become a citizen of the UK, and he was a pilot, it was an ideal gift for him.  We purchased it, and it used up most of of our balance.  Perfect we thought!

The next day I noticed my husband was setting the watch and had already read the whole manual.  He had it on his wrist and was very reluctant to take it off.  I got the hint and said 'do you want to go back and get another one for our son this time?'  🙂  He said yes, yes, yes.  And we spent another $600 or so that was put on our credit card.  I laughed and said Azamara sure had us figured out!  We would not even have gone looking in the first place in the store unless we had a credit to spend and now we were spending lots more!  🙂 

And three years later my husband still loves his watch and wears it every day.  Our son too!

That’s a great story!  Thanks for sharing it 😀

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Can you use OBC to book  a post cruise transfer back to the airport, either by Azamara coach  or a private transfer (via the concierge )?

Yes we've used ours in the past for  the direct transfer straight  to the airport and also for a morning tour and transfer to airport , which we did off Journey in January. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marmaduke said:

Can you use OBC to book  a post cruise transfer back to the airport, either by Azamara coach  or a private transfer (via the concierge )?

That is often what we treat ourselves to at the end of a cruise, possibly coupled with a late departure if that is on offer

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, Ayden said:

Just a note that we found the October cruise lacking if you had intended to use a portion of your onboard credit in the shops.

The selection was extremely limited and we were advised it was due to the recent return to business  and would be improved in subsequent sailings.

I would be interested to know if this has improved.

We have always been satisfied to enjoy the shore excursions and most often are able to use the majority of the credit  this way.

I hadn't improved by mid December.  I bought my DW an expensive Mary Frances handbag. They had no back supply so I was forced to buy the floor model.  One month later pieces separated from the bag, probably from being handled.  I have yet to hear back fro Azamara from an email I sent regarding the matter.

I found the pricing excessive too.  The identical bag was more than 30% lower priced online from a reputable web site.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1