Azamara Air [UK]... The omitted information!

les37b

We were originally booked cruise only on Quest for the 23rd April cruise but last month I got my U.K. Travel agent to add outbound flights through Azamara . My Travel Agent said that the flights would include hand and checked luggage but I was nervous. Once flights ( Manchester to Rome FCO via Frankfurt) were booked I checked on the Lufthansa website and I could see we were booked with Economy flights which include both checked 23kg luggage as well as carry on bag. Be aware that “Economy  Light “ flights do not include checked luggage.Have booked my own Jet2 return flights as I could fly back from Venice direct and the flight time was better and cheaper.

Edited by HalifaxYorksCruiser

10 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Suttonrunner,

So sorry to hear this.

please keep us informed re your journey and how you meet the ship. Not sure where the problem arose. If flights were booked by  Azamara  they need to make this up to you.

Lesson to us all.

We all need to be careful when booking flights.

My whole  trip  B2B cruise was booked with  Azamara  including flights and transfers. So the problem did not arise by me booking independently. (I travel solo and am very careful when booking my cruises)   After over 4 hours holding on for  Azamara yesterday  (no exaggeration there) they answered   I was eventually  put in contact with  the Emergency travel team -  so  after 12 hours  on the phone and lots of tears I have been put on a flight to catch the ship in Barbados half way through the first leg - I hope I get there. Not sure what I need to do next re compensation but I am focussing on catching the ship at present.   I Really  thank the ship for allowing me to board mid cruise, not something they normally do in these covid times.

• Like 7

Glad you are going to get onboard.  Do you have travel insurance, you should look at that for any shortfall in refund if Azamara does not help you (though I hope they will, but you are right concentrate on getting to Barbados and relax.....)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, uktog said:

Glad you are going to get onboard.  Do you have travel insurance, you should look at that for any shortfall in refund if Azamara does not help you (though I hope they will, but you are right concentrate on getting to Barbados and relax.....)

Thank you uktog,  Yes I took out a very expensive insurance due to covid,  plus I have another annual  travel insurance one too.  So I am more than insured  thankfully - but the insurance companies try at every angle to get out of paying out so I may have a fight on my hands.  Yes I am looking forward to the relaxation as this was a  cruise booked as a present to myself, (a retirement present)  after retiring from  over 30 years  in nursing .

• Like 4

Hope you get to Barbados safely and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I agree with les37b regarding professional responsibly.  As everything was booked through Azamara they should have been the ones contacting  Suttonrunner.  Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that Azamara  act as a TA and as such ought to have been informed that the flight had been cancelled. They then should have got in touch with Suttonrunner and sorted out the issue to the best of their ability. She should not have spent 12 hours on the phone sorting out the issue herself regardless of the issue with the plane.

• Like 3

Suttonrunner,

I have just read your reply. That is shocking. 
So sorry this has happened to you. I would have been distraught and more than likely raving mad.
After working for the NHS through the pandemic I hope you have a well deserved cruise May I wish you all the best in your retirement.

To anyone else who may feel like adding unhelpful posts. Please don’t. This is not the expected way to behave on  the Azamara   board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, welshfamily said:

Suttonrunner,

So sorry this has happened to you. I would have been distraught and more than likely raving mad.
After working for the NHS through the pandemic I hope you have a well deserved cruise May I wish you all the best in your retirement.

To anyone else who may feel like adding unhelpful posts. Please don’t. This is not the expected way to behave on  the Azamara   board.

Thank you so much for your kind words  I appreciate  it  x

2 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Let us know when you are safely onboard. Really hope you will enjoy your cruise.

3 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Let us know when you are safely onboard. Really hope you will enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much I shall let you know 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Azamara Air [UK]... The omitted information!
8 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Suttonrunner,

Puzzled by your comment, I can’t see any ‘unhelpful’ posts?

14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Azamara Air [UK]... The omitted information!

Good call.

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There has been some pruning.  😉

I did wonder, as I couldn't see any either.

21 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

My whole  trip  B2B cruise was booked with  Azamara  including flights and transfers. So the problem did not arise by me booking independently. (I travel solo and am very careful when booking my cruises)   After over 4 hours holding on for  Azamara yesterday  (no exaggeration there) they answered   I was eventually  put in contact with  the Emergency travel team -  so  after 12 hours  on the phone and lots of tears I have been put on a flight to catch the ship in Barbados half way through the first leg - I hope I get there. Not sure what I need to do next re compensation but I am focussing on catching the ship at present.   I Really  thank the ship for allowing me to board mid cruise, not something they normally do in these covid times.

Make sure you keep us informed suttonrunner. Fingers crossed its plain sailing here on in (with a bit of luxury added!) Putting aside the errors they've made, I must admit, unforeseen things are why I always try to arrive at least a day before departure. The only time I've not stuck with this was last year when BA cancelled my flight and then lied about the flight I got transferred onto. (That flight took off an 90 minutes late - which they said was down to the incoming flight late running. That turn out to be an on time flight - and a schedule that was completely impossible to meet. ie My take off time was 90 minutes before the incoming flight was due to land. They were never going to admit that though) I arrived at the ship at about 10pm instead of 11am. Luckily it was Viking, who cleverly had an overnight in port on this one. 

Edited by les37b

13 minutes ago, les37b said:

Good call.

I did wonder, as I couldn't see any either.

Make sure you keep us informed suttonrunner. Fingers crossed its plain sailing here on in (with a bit of luxury added!) Putting aside the errors they've made, I must admit, unforeseen things are why I always try to arrive at least a day before departure. The only time I've not stuck with this was last year when BA cancelled my flight and then lied about the flight I got transferred onto. (That flight took off an 90 minutes late - which they said was down to the incoming flight late running. That turn out to be an on time flight - and a schedule that was completely impossible to meet. ie My take off time was 90 minutes before the incoming flight was due to land. They were never going to admit that though) I arrived at the ship at about 10pm instead of 11am. Luckily it was Viking, who cleverly had an overnight in port on this one. 

Thank you I will do.  (I did have a  one night pre cruise hotel booked through Azamara  on the 21/2/2022  the night of my original flight, I think next time I book I will have a 2 night pre cruise stay to be on the safe side).  Wow you were lucky  with the Viking  overnighter. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, suttonrunner said:

Thank you I will do.  (I did have a  one night pre cruise hotel booked through Azamara  on the 21/2/2022  the night of my original flight, I think next time I book I will have a 2 night pre cruise stay to be on the safe side).  Wow you were lucky  with the Viking  overnighter. 

Viking were also very good and issued as both with a $100 OBC each as we had missed the first afternoon and evening thanks to BA.

Hope you have a great time. 🤞

On 2/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, welshfamily said:

Hope you get to Barbados safely and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I agree with les37b regarding professional responsibly.  As everything was booked through Azamara they should have been the ones contacting  Suttonrunner.  Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that Azamara  act as a TA and as such ought to have been informed that the flight had been cancelled. They then should have got in touch with Suttonrunner and sorted out the issue to the best of their ability. She should not have spent 12 hours on the phone sorting out the issue herself regardless of the issue with the plane.

Just to let you know - I have spoken to Azamara today they  will take no responsibility whatsoever for  my changed flights and subsequent loss of cruise nights.  And that I should take it up with the Airline or insurance company.   Thanks Azamara

40 minutes ago, suttonrunner said:

Just to let you know - I have spoken to Azamara today they  will take no responsibility whatsoever for  my changed flights and subsequent loss of cruise nights.  And that I should take it up with the Airline or insurance company.   Thanks Azamara

Your flight was cancelled for operational reasons by the airline.  Not a schedule change.

But for some reason, you think that's Azamara's responsibility.  Because you bought the ticket through them?  Perhaps reading the terms and conditions of that purchase might be useful.

I'm trying to follow the logic that makes it their fault - perhaps someone can clearly explain why the cruiseline is responsible if an airline doesn't operate a flight.

According to Azamara's website this is what they offer 

• Full assistance, working with our airline partners, in the event of flight changes, delays or unforeseen circumstances affecting your holiday
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, uktog said:

According to Azamara's website this is what they offer 

• Full assistance, working with our airline partners, in the event of flight changes, delays or unforeseen circumstances affecting your holiday

Most unfortunately for @suttonrunner it seems that someone within the organisation is failing to live up to the promise in their offer.

It is also not good for Azamara that they are as a result of this action, getting a lot of negative publicity as a result of which, damage to their reputation is being done.

8 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Most unfortunately for @suttonrunner it seems that someone within the organisation is failing to live up to the promise in their offer.

It is also not good for Azamara that they are as a result of this action, getting a lot of negative publicity as a result of which, damage to their reputation is being done.

Agreed.

This booking will be my first and only.

I was promised a call back from someone at Azamara, but no one has bothered. I suppose it really sums up how they are now being run.

11 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Your flight was cancelled for operational reasons by the airline.  Not a schedule change.

But for some reason, you think that's Azamara's responsibility.  Because you bought the ticket through them?  Perhaps reading the terms and conditions of that purchase might be useful.

I'm trying to follow the logic that makes it their fault - perhaps someone can clearly explain why the cruiseline is responsible if an airline doesn't operate a flight.

To be fair I've not read the small print, but certainly my 2 usual CL, in the event this happened, they most certainly WOULD have taken responsibility and not only paid for the new flights, they would give compensation for lost days or a full refund in the event the cruise lost. I'm amazed you don't think they have any responsibility for informing guests the flight they booked has been cancelled / changed and accepted a change which meant they'd miss their cruise. They are the flight bookers. The passenger is not in a position to request amendments to flights booked by the agent. I wonder if they also kept the fare money for the cancelled flight.

23 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

That’s not acceptable. I would suggest that you respectfully remind Azamara of the Package Travel Regulations 

https://www.abta.com/tips-and-advice/is-my-holiday-protected/new-package-travel-regulations

Legal protection means your travel company is responsible for making sure that you get the holiday you paid for. If something isn’t provided or isn’t as expected, and your travel company or its suppliers is at fault, they will need to sort this out for you – either resolving the issue, offering an alternative or providing a full or partial refund. In some instances you may be able to claim compensation.

in addition don’t forget that if you paid in part or in full with a credit card you have identical rights of action against your credit card company.

Edited by HalifaxYorksCruiser
Additional text
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

That’s not acceptable. I would suggest that you respectfully remind Azamara of the Package Travel Regulations 

https://www.abta.com/tips-and-advice/is-my-holiday-protected/new-package-travel-regulations

Legal protection means your travel company is responsible for making sure that you get the holiday you paid for. If something isn’t provided or isn’t as expected, and your travel company or its suppliers is at fault, they will need to sort this out for you – either resolving the issue, offering an alternative or providing a full or partial refund. In some instances you may be able to claim compensation.

in addition don’t forget that if you paid in part or in full with a credit card you have identical rights of action against your credit card company.

Thank you  so much HalifaxYorksCruiser,

After tearing my hair out and feeling at a loss all  this week, I was contacted by Azamara last night (Not the same woman I spoke with earlier in the week who denied Azamara having any responsibility in helping me whatsoever, even though I did mention their cruise package promise - it's in the spiel when you phone them).  They have now agreed to refund my lost days (five nights , six days, not sure about the pre cruise hotel, but I would think so).   I do feel  so much better  now.   What a week - I just need to get to the ship on Sunday evening  in Barbados, relax and enjoy what is left of my holiday.

Thank you so much  to everyone who has supported me on here -  I found it really difficult being on my own  not knowing what I should do so I  appreciate everyone's help.  Thank you,  Jacqueline x

• Like 9