Best Time for MTD with respect to shows

Hi everyone! Just wondering...it seems like most shows are at 7 and possibly again at 9:30 or so...what is an ideal time for dinner in the MDR to also catch a show?  How long are most shows and how long does it typically take in the MDR?  For reference, I'll be on Wonder, but I assume it will be similar to other Oasis class ships... Thanks!

5 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Hi everyone! Just wondering...it seems like most shows are at 7 and possibly again at 9:30 or so...what is an ideal time for dinner in the MDR to also catch a show?  How long are most shows and how long does it typically take in the MDR?  For reference, I'll be on Wonder, but I assume it will be similar to other Oasis class ships... Thanks!

MTD or MDR? Title is one/and text is the other? But solve the issue with MTD so you can go to dinner at your convenience. 

22 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Hi everyone! Just wondering...it seems like most shows are at 7 and possibly again at 9:30 or so...what is an ideal time for dinner in the MDR to also catch a show?

I usually try and get there by 7:15. No worries about rushing dinner, and plenty of time to hit up vintages on the way to the show. 

On 2/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, neverbeenhere said:

8:30 PM, You catch the early show, then eat in luxury without many others.

OR

5:45 PM and slap down the chow fast and then hit either the early show, or enjoy a leisurely meal and go to the late show.

Unfortunately, ships like the Odyssey no longer permit you to make MTD reservations until 6:45 pm.  Back in the old days, we always did the 5:45 MTD with the odd later meal if we were in port late.

• Thanks 1

Are you shut out of traditional dining? If you want to plan your dining around the show times it's best to go with traditional dining which will ensure you have a table at the correct time to make it to the show. Early seating for late shows, late seating for early shows. 

The shows are almost all 45-50 minutes, except for the Broadway play if your ship has one. The shows start on time and end on time. 

17 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

If you have my time dining, can you choose different times to eat dinner for each day?  Can you do this ahead of time or only when you're on the ship?

You can dine at a different time each day. You can reserve your times before the cruise via the cruise planner, this is when the most options will be available. You can also make reservations when on the ship. Another option is to just show up when you're ready to eat. Sometimes you can get right in, sometimes you have to wait a while in line. (There will be two lines, one for people with reservations and one for people without reservations.)

We always use to have late traditional dinning and go to the first show, but this year we're trying MTD around 7pm 

I was always told the second show was the busiest as most people were eating between 5.30 and 7.30 and so go to the second show

15 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Unfortunately, ships like the Odyssey no longer permit you to make MTD reservations until 6:45 pm.  Back in the old days, we always did the 5:45 MTD with the odd later meal if we were in port late.

Is this for all ships and MTD? No reservations before 6:45?

15 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Yeah shoot, 5+ yrs ago was on Cruises where MTD opened at 5:15 and MD at 5:30. Late MD was 7:30. WJ open 6-830. Then way back Decades ago Main Show for second seating was after Dinner at 10:45 not before Dinner as is now...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1