Are menus the same based on cruise length?

sherylc

We will be going on a 11 night cruise on the Reflection in May. So far the menus stop at day 7 on the app and are the same menus as a typical 7 day cruise. If I want to look at the ACTUAL menus I will be seeing for my 11 night cruise, can I look at any other 11 night cruise (ex Constellation Mar 28)? We are in an upper suite so are able to book specialty dining now, but would like to know which nights we would prefer the Luminae menu vs which we would prefer one of the other venues. 

Thanks!

They have 14 menus for Luminae.  The 1st 7 are typical of what you might have.  After that they vary. Are you in a suite with free specialty dining?  If so, the Shore Side Concierge will be in touch a few weeks before the cruise and will make your dining reservations.  If you make them now you will have to pay for them.

4 hours ago, sherylc said:

The shoreside concierge just contacted us, hence my question.  Was hoping to get the "actual" menus for my cruise rather than the ones on the current app that list all venues closed from day 8 and beyond.

My experience has been that they have a total of 14 menus and generally start with day 1 regardless of length of cruise.   The menus can be swapped around a little to account for Chic Nights.  

If you wanted to get the best guess of what was on the menu on specific nights would recommend finding a current cruise with the same itinerary and view the rotation from that cruise.    The app if loaded at all will generally have just the first 7 nights until 2-3 weeks prior to your cruise.

If you're in an upper suite you should just wait until you get onboard and check the menus at that time. You should be able to get whatever specialty dining reservations you want. Anytime I've been in an upper suite I've never had an issue getting a reservation even day of. Maybe a couple times I had to take a time that was 30 minutes from my requested time but that was the only issue.

1 hour ago, Ilandguy said:

Here is a Celebrity link to download onboard across fleet menus 

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-kit/10/celebrity-edge-menus/

Good link but if you look at the bottom of the Luminae Menus the dates are from 2018 and don't match up totally with the current menu.   They have swapped things around and added and deleted a number of dishes.   One clue is the Daniel B special menu items at the base of the current menus are missing.  

I really enjoyed you link and seeing the menus but just wanted to point out they were outdated.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good link but if you look at the bottom of the Luminae Menus the dates are from 2018 and don't match up totally with the current menu.   They have swapped things around and added and deleted a number of dishes.   One clue is the Daniel B special menu items at the base of the current menus are missing.  

I really enjoyed you link and seeing the menus but just wanted to point out they were outdated.

And they are missing the Blu dinner menus

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Of course they're outdated....The link is to a Celebrity Website...lol😊

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, shofer said:

We were on Silhouette for a 15 day TA in 2018.  Ate in the MDR every night and had a different menu for the first 14 days.  Day 15 was a repeat of Day 1.  

That's the norm.    I wish the would bring back some of those longer cruises.    We were on an  8 and 10 Day B2B and had the same menu repeated from the first cruise on the second for the first 8 days, then got 2 new menus.

Instead of making a new post, thought I'd ask this here. 

Are menus for the Mediterranean based on each country you visit? For example, we will be visiting Greece, Italy and France. Will we see Greek, Italian and French dishes on the menu? Would love it if they do. 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

Are menus for the Mediterranean based on each country you visit? For example, we will be visiting Greece, Italy and France. Will we see Greek, Italian and French dishes on the menu? Would love it if they do. 

Thanks

The MDR menus are basically the same but they do have a few items based on the theme, Italian, Med, French etc

47 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

Thanks

It may be more likely to see them in the OVC than in the dining rooms. At least that was my experience on RC years ago. The dining room menus seem pretty set fleet wide. But I haven't cruised the E Class and the themed restaurants.

A minor pet peeve with the cruise ships...

To try to recapture my original topic, has anyone done multiple 10-14 day cruises? And if so, were the menus the EXACT same? I am still trying to find out whether one 11 night cruise will have the same menu order as another 11 night cruise. It seems the order for 7 day cruises is pretty constant across ships.

2 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

Thanks

Oh how I wish they would have a specialty venue that would do this. Maybe offer a menu related to that particular country's cuisine on the days you are visiting. That way you could encounter several different menus potentially during the cruise and could revisit the restaurant multiple times. If you have one of those Mediterranean itineraries that hits Spain, France, Italy and maybe even Malta or Croatia all in the same cruise that would give you an amazing variety of dining experiences.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Oh how I wish they would have a specialty venue that would do this. Maybe offer a menu related to that particular country's cuisine on the days you are visiting. That way you could encounter several different menus potentially during the cruise and could revisit the restaurant multiple times. If you have one of those Mediterranean itineraries that hits Spain, France, Italy and maybe even Malta or Croatia all in the same cruise that would give you an amazing variety of dining experiences.

Exactly

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

To try to recapture my original topic, has anyone done multiple 10-14 day cruises? And if so, were the menus the EXACT same? I am still trying to find out whether one 11 night cruise will have the same menu order as another 11 night cruise. It seems the order for 7 day cruises is pretty constant across ships.

We rarely do a single cruise leg but instead do B2B, B2B2B and periodically a B2B2B2B.  This issue came up for us on the long departed Century when there was a particular menu which wasn't as appealing as others and we wanted to book Murano the night it reappeared.  The assistant maitre 'd brought us the menu list but they really couldn't readily determine when menu "J" (or whatever letter it was) would reappear.  We didn't make an issue of it and just booked Murano.

56 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

What an excellent idea.  When a Taj dinner is offered it is generally in Sushi on 5.  Even if other themed "pop up" dinners were offered it would be lovely.