Dining Dress Code

adlb1300

11 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Ain't nothing simpler than just wearing what's comfortable.

How's it go? Different strokes for different folks?

This discussion is getting tiresome, but it's a very welcome change for the doom and gloom of the pandemic topics! Maybe things will be getting back to normal, at least as far as cruising goes.

😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Depends on those pants shorts having huge cargo pockets full of legal tender.

Wear something - - - tip accordingly - - - be nice - - - quit flogging the dead horse

trying to get a different response - - - 

And Cruise Well !

I always keep my cargo pockets full of legal tender.  Twenties and fifties for the most part.

It appeared it was "anything goes" on the Getaway on Feb27-Mar6. 

People wore their finest lawn mowing t-shirts and shorts in Cagney's, Haven restaurant, and La Cucina.  Really classy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JGmf said:

It appeared it was "anything goes" on the Getaway on Feb27-Mar6. 

People wore their finest lawn mowing t-shirts and shorts in Cagney's, Haven restaurant, and La Cucina.  Really classy.

what other people wore bothered you?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It would bother me a bit if that dress code were in violation of NCL's rules. I try to follow those, I figure they are there for a reason. But I have seen worse than was was described.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Part of the reason for dining in Le Bistro or Cagney's instead of going to the buffet is the ambiance.  NCL tries to raise the bar by providing nicer furniture, decor, lighting and sound.  If one of your fellow diners detracts from that ambiance by talking loudly, wearing clothing that is completely out of place with the venue, or otherwise drawing negative attention, then yes, it can be a bother. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Part of the reason for dining in Le Bistro or Cagney's instead of going to the buffet is the ambiance.  NCL tries to raise the bar by providing nicer furniture, decor, lighting and sound.  If one of your fellow diners detracts from that ambiance by talking loudly, wearing clothing that is completely out of place with the venue, or otherwise drawing negative attention, then yes, it can be a bother. 

Kind of sad that if how another person, one does not even know, is not dressed to your standards then it detracts from the ambiance of your dinner.  As far as talking loudly, if one is hard of hearing, such as me, we tend to talk louder as we feel we need to over compensate for what we perceive as background noise or interference.  Either way, none of it detracts from my enjoyment as I tend to focus on my dining companion(s) not worrying about the others around, esp as I don't even know them.  You def have other issues, may I suggest control. 

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

General comment. Why gawk at every person that comes in a restaurant. Eyes on your own party and stop snooping at others n judging. Plus once I sit down why are you looking at my sexy legs??? If seeing someone walk past your table in shorts really offends you in that 2.3 seconds I feel bad for how sensitive you are and let others affect you. Just ignore me. U probably have bigger problems than little ole me anyway. If not. I'm jealous

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Kind of sad that if how another person, one does not even know, is not dressed to your standards then it detracts from the ambiance of your dinner.  As far as talking loudly, if one is hard of hearing, such as me, we tend to talk louder as we feel we need to over compensate for what we perceive as background noise or interference.  Either way, none of it detracts from my enjoyment as I tend to focus on my dining companion(s) not worrying about the others around, esp as I don't even know them.  You def have other issues, may I suggest control. 

Not my standards, NCL's standards.  They publish a dress code, some folks choose to ignore it, crew members may be reluctant to enforce it, with the result that we now seem to live in a world where bathrobes and shower shoes are viewed as appropriate attire in any and every setting.  I'm sorry if my preference for showing a modicum of decorum offends your sensibilities.  You may want to consider exercising a bit of control before you lash out at others. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Not my standards, NCL's standards.  They publish a dress code, some folks choose to ignore it, crew members may be reluctant to enforce it, with the result that we now seem to live in a world where bathrobes and shower shoes are viewed as appropriate attire in any and every setting.  I'm sorry if my preference for showing a modicum of decorum offends your sensibilities.  You may want to consider exercising a bit of control before you lash out at others. 

You may want to find real problems and stop worrying about how others do what they do.  If you fear the way another person will be dressed in a venue, thus ruining your dinner, find another place to go.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

You may want to find real problems and stop worrying about how others do what they do.  If you "fear" the way another person will be dressed in a venue, thus ruining your dinner, find another place to go.

Not a fear, just a preference.  That's why we spend extra to dine in Le Bistro or Cagney's, because the established standards for decorum are somewhat higher than at the buffet.  So, yes, we did choose another place to go, i.e. Le Bistro and Cagneys, places which have dress codes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Traveling Man said:

Not a fear, just a preference.  That's why we spend extra to dine in Le Bistro or Cagney's, because the established standards for decorum are somewhat higher than at the buffet.  So, yes, we did choose another place to go, i.e. Le Bistro and Cagneys, places which have dress codes.

Dress code for Cagneys says shorts and casual shirts are fine.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Apparently you did not do your homework

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Sorry, not a contortionist, please post in a manner one won't need a neck brace after reading

It's posted sideways for the benefit of the dress code vigilantes, whose necks are craned at a 90 degree angle, intrusively inspecting the garments of other cruisers more in touch with the actual dress code.

• Haha 5

On 3/6/2022 at 4:19 PM, The Traveling Man said:

Shorts and a t-shirt is EXACTLY the dress that is permitted in Cagney’s iaw NCL policy. Do you disagree?  

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1