RCL Shareholder Benefit

twoflyers

We are going on the cruise tomorrow. I submitted request 4 weeks ago - twice - email and vic RCL website. About a week ago, I called X for another issue and they confirmed that OBC was applied. No confirming email at that time. 2 days ago, I got an email confirming OBC. 

But I am still waiting for my partial refund for a cancelled cruise in December.  I hope things will improve soon.

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We send in requests for 2 cruises in February.  Got the acknowledgment emails but no OBC.   Called to f/u and lady checked the “log” and couldn’t find a record of them. Resent and nothing.

Cruise coming up next month, emailed request on 3/13, again got the mail acknowledge but so far no OBC.  Has anyone had more success by faxing vs email, cause sure isn’t working for me?

I sent in requests via email for two upcoming cruises...received the acknowledgment email pretty quickly and then nothing!  After a week or so, I checked the cruise planner and there was the OBC.  

About 2  months ago I scanned the forms and sent them to the appropriate department.  Within a week  I received the OBC for 2 of the 3 cruises.  I resent the information for the missing cruise 2 more times and then had my big box TA call Celebrity to find get information about the missing credit.  The Celebrity rep put the credit in my account.  I have yet to receive any type of confirmation email.  I just check my OBC accounts.

Hi everyone, thanks for the info in this thread. I am a new shareholder and have several cruises coming up that I need to apply for the OBC. 

Question: what documentation do you send in to show proof of stock ownership? I am planning on using the monthly statement from my brokerage. Is this enough? (I remember seeing one time that you had to send a copy of your proxy from the company but don’t see that anywhere now).

Also, it appears from the thread that sending the documents via e-mail is working. It that correct?

I will appreciate any additional info.

-Jim

43 degrees F in Buffalo and raining

3 minutes ago, JimInBuffalo said:

Hi everyone, thanks for the info in this thread. I am a new shareholder and have several cruises coming up that I need to apply for the OBC. 

Question: what documentation do you send in to show proof of stock ownership? I am planning on using the monthly statement from my brokerage. Is this enough? (I remember seeing one time that you had to send a copy of your proxy from the company but don’t see that anywhere now).

Also, it appears from the thread that sending the documents via e-mail is working. It that correct?

-Jim

I just send them the copy of the one page that shows my RCL Stock.   It has to also show your name on that page and the number of shares.    They recommend that you black out your account number for security reasons.  

You can submit via Fax, e-mail  or Web Portal.   

• Haha 1

We have submitted 4 times.  Never have we had so much difficulty.  We are thinking they are using every excuse they can think of not to pay.   The last one was "number of shares not stated".  it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to divide the total value by the current share price to come up with 100. They would be better off to cancel the whole thing rather than annoy people so much.

5 hours ago, JimInBuffalo said:

-Jim

.We submitted via email twice  for cruises in February, got acknowledgment by that’s all.

Tried 2 weeks ago for a April again via mail, again a an acknowledgment but so far no OBC.   Going to try faxing the info on Monday. 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, TeaBag said:

We have submitted 4 times.  Never have we had so much difficulty.  We are thinking they are using every excuse they can think of not to pay.   The last one was "number of shares not stated".  it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to divide the total value by the current share price to come up with 100. They would be better off to cancel the whole thing rather than annoy people so much.

Yes. I agree that they seem to be trying to find an excuse not to apply the credits. My last response was that the names on my statement don't match the reservation. But they do match so I'm not sure what else to do except to tell them to check again.

8 minutes ago, Clgjtg said:

Yes. I agree that they seem to be trying to find an excuse not to apply the credits. My last response was that the names on my statement don't match the reservation. But they do match so I'm not sure what else to do except to tell them to check again.

After making a request 4 weeks ago I received an email yesterday saying they couldn't grant my request as the document I attached couldn't be opened.

Problem is X confirmed my request, sent a doc confirming it  last week and it shows on my ship account. 

I have had a similar response to yours when the statement I attached didn't have my full name just an initial. I now email the request showing Mr Full first name and full surname and in brackets Mr first initial and full surname - that works most times.

I just submitted a request on Friday in connection with B2B cruises starting April 30.  I did it by email, providing the Shareholder Benefit form, along with a single page from my statement with everything except our names and the RCL stock line blacked out.  Sunday morning, I got new invoices from Celebrity, showing the shareholder OBC having been added to both cruises.  Funny note - the Shareholder Benefit form is out of date, because it does not include the Apex or the Beyond.  So I just added the Apex manually after printing out the form, scanned it and sent it by email.

Tom & Judy

1 hour ago, Clgjtg said:

I had the same experience trying to apply 3 cruises.   After 3  failed attempts over a 6 week span,  I had to escalate  to the executive offices to get it resolved.   Like you one time they said my name wasn't on the account oven though it was circled in RED.   Suddenly it was applied to my account within hours. 

About 3 weeks later I got 3 email saying the credit was applied. LOL

Edited by Jim_Iain

Yesterday afternoon after reading this board I printed pg 2 of our stmt showing the 100 sh owned.  Blacked out everything I remembered and emailed it (forgot to fill out shareholder benefit form)  with the pg from our stmt and a note in the email including our reserv id for our b2b next Feb.

Don't know what I did right, but got confirmation tonight, barely 24 hrs later.  Maybe it has to end up with the right person, but guess I got lucky.

1 hour ago, lkj1301 said:

Yesterday afternoon after reading this board I printed pg 2 of our stmt showing the 100 sh owned.  Blacked out everything I remembered and emailed it (forgot to fill out shareholder benefit form)  with the pg from our stmt and a note in the email including our reserv id for our b2b next Feb.

Don't know what I did right, but got confirmation tonight, barely 24 hrs later.  Maybe it has to end up with the right person, but guess I got lucky.

Good for you!  We will be faxing our stuff tomorrow, doing via email didn’t work for our February B2B and so far hasn’t worked for our April cruise.  Submitted on 3/13 got confirmation but no $. Really sucks.  

First, Thanks to Cruise Critic for this forum. I always can count on getting great assistance when I need it for cruise info.

Secondly, I had just purchased my stock and just got the Tade confirmation from Charles Schwab on Tuesday. I blacked out the private stuff and completed the RCL request form. I faxed it yesterday and got confirmation this morning.

Very surprised by the quick turnaround. I have printed everything out and will have it with when we board the Oasis in May in case there is any snag. 

Thanks again all of you cruisers,

-Jim

Sleeting and 34 degrees F in Buffalo today.

2 minutes ago, JimInBuffalo said:

First, Thanks to Cruise Critic for this forum. I always can count on getting great assistance when I need it for cruise info.

Secondly, I had just purchased my stock and just got the Tade confirmation from Charles Schwab on Tuesday. I blacked out the private stuff and completed the RCL request form. I faxed it yesterday and got confirmation this morning.

Very surprised by the quick turnaround. I have printed everything out and will have it with when we board the Oasis in May in case there is any snag. 

Thanks again all of you cruisers,

-Jim

Sleeting and 34 degrees F in Buffalo today.

Glad to see you getting this on your first try when we seasoned cruisers seem to be drawing blanks.  Enjoy your cruise.

13 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Glad to see you getting this on your first try when we seasoned cruisers seem to be drawing blanks.  Enjoy your cruise.

I wonder if people apply to early I believe it says 2 to 3 weeks before the cruise. I usually apply a month ahead but never before final payment. Have never had a request refused and in total have received more than double the original price of the shares - has proved to be a great deal.

27 minutes ago, verizon said:

I just received an email from Royal today that I submitted a week ago telling me I need to send them the recent statement showing I still own the stock.

My cruise is getting close I hope I get approve soon.

I will resend for the 4th time after I get my March statement. Not sure what else to do. I've submitted 3 times already.

We submitted a request for shareholder benefit on a recently booked cruise yesterday, which was a Saturday, about 2 PM Alaska standard time.  We received an email confirmation today, a Sunday,  at 1:50 PM that it has been applied.  I'm impressed.

We submitted a few minutes later for the benefit for the second leg of the B2B.  We find we have more success with quick results if we don't e-mail each request the same date.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:01 AM, the penguins said:

I wonder if people apply to early I believe it says 2 to 3 weeks before the cruise. I usually apply a month ahead but never before final payment.

Got confirmations last week that shareholder OBC would be applied to cruises in October 2022 and February 2023. Had to send the request twice tho.