SO IRRITATING - Upgrade offer link on the website, but no offer available!

Bahbert

A couple of days ago, I noticed a link in my To-Do List on Carnival's cruise manager page: "Exclusive stateroom upgrade offer available." Excitedly, I clicked it... only to get a message saying, "Sorry, this offer is no longer available."

Since then, the link persists but there's still no upgrade offer. Carnival, you tease!! 

Gripe over. Just wondered if anyone else can relate or sympathize. :D

Well, not in this particular situation, but in the past, I would check a promotion, and there were no cabins available-I think they say that there are no more cabins available, as they allocate only a certain number per sailing. I do sympathize with the O.P.-maybe check again on occassion, as a cabin might open up, due to a cancelation. 

• Like 1

I have had them show up, but was too late before as well.  I typically get an email as well.  I wouldn't be too upset.  Very seldom have they been anything worth taking.  I have one waiting on my cruise page right now for Mardi Gras in April.  However, it is $500 for what we consider to be a downgrade.  Plus, we can take that $500 and put towards our September cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I have had them show up, but was too late before as well.  I typically get an email as well.  I wouldn't be too upset.  Very seldom have they been anything worth taking.  I have one waiting on my cruise page right now for Mardi Gras in April.  However, it is $500 for what we consider to be a downgrade.  Plus, we can take that $500 and put towards our September cruise.

Got one for an upcoming cruise. Balcony on Lido plus $2 OBC moving from an inside. Price of inside went down $206 at the same time I got the upgrade offer for $204. Could have taken just the decrease for the inside but why? This is for a Sailabration cruise so will be enjoying ship meet up from balcony

• Like 1

After the down time on the website yesterday I was finally able to get in.  I was looking for the free VIFP offer, but not for me.  But my cruise on 3/31 had the upgrade offer.  Move from French door cabin on Spirit to a balcony for $120.  Tempting, but it’s only a four day cruise, and I seldom use the balcony.  That was always for my sister.  And since I am only paying $228 solo for the cruise, I passed. Balcony would not be any larger than the French door.  Now, if they come back with a suite offer…. EM

I had an offer today for $490 on Mardi Gras going from a balcony to a suite.  I thought it was a good rate after checking to see that the Ocean Suite was going for $4,129 for the sailing date of May 22, 2022.  I was able to get the upgrade through the site.   Now I'm trying to find out what all benefits come with the suite.  Seems like Carnival doesn't offer double points for suites like RC. Or am I mistaken?

4 minutes ago, happygirlchocolate said:

I had an offer today for $490 on Mardi Gras going from a balcony to a suite.  I thought it was a good rate after checking to see that the Ocean Suite was going for $4,129 for the sailing date of May 22, 2022.  I was able to get the upgrade through the site.   Now I'm trying to find out what all benefits come with the suite.  Seems like Carnival doesn't offer double points for suites like RC. Or am I mistaken?

No, you are correct. No double points on Carnival....for any reason. There are a few perks offered to suite guests. I'll let others to tell you what those perks are, as I'm not sure. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

No, you are correct. No double points on Carnival....for any reason. There are a few perks offered to suite guests. I'll let others to tell you what those perks are, as I'm not sure. 

Thanks.  I couldn't find anywhere that said double points so I figured as much.  

On 2/27/2022 at 2:56 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

hoping we get one for our April cruise. We are booked in a Havana Cabana and 3 of the 4 suites in that area are still unsold.

So they put the upgrade offer in your cruise planner in the things to do list?

Yes, it's the top link in the list every day since I posted... but clicking it still just gets me a message saying I've missed the opportunity. *grumble*

I'm gonna keep checking every day though. We have a balcony already so I'm not going to be upset if an upgrade doesn't come our way, but I wouldn't mind a suite for a decent price.