Club Orange question Nieuw Statendam

consmarci

Can't get through on the HAL phone lines and chat isn't working...recently purchased this upgrade and our boarding time is still 2:20 Group H. Shouldn't that change with the purchase of Club Orange? Driving down to the port and have never boarded so late, nor is that preferable. Hard to predict traffic and when we'll actually arrive, but don't want to sit in the parking lot until then either. 

I don't know when you are boarding but on Feb 2 with only 900 people total on the ship we arrived at 1215 and basically just walked on the ship.  There was no waiting at any of the check-in stations.  From dropping the luggage to on the ship was about 15 minutes max.

Can anyone give me a ball-park idea of the cost of Club Orange? I suspect that it is based on the stateroom cost and category? Also, is it purchased for each individual cruise or is it an "add-on" to one's Mariner membership?

Apart from a list of amenities, I can't seem to find any other information online.

Thanks.

Edited by daisy-mae

Suite people & 4 and 5 star, club orange etc get a priority check in line ONCE YOUR CLEAR the health and security lines.    There is no priority for those initial lines and your check in time is for when you first enter the health queue.    However, once you clear those lines, there usually isn't much of a line for check in.   See this video about the San Diego check in - it shows the split 37 seconds in 

12 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

Can anyone give me a ball-park idea of the cost of Club Orange? I suspect that it is based on the stateroom cost and category? Also, is it purchased for each individual cruise or is it an "add-on" to one's Mariner membership?

Apart from a list of amenities, I can't seem to find any other information online.

Thanks.

Recently it has been $25 pp per day on 7 day cruises.  Not based on stateroom or category but if you are in a Neptune it is included.  Both people in the stateroom would have to purchase it.  If you are a solo you only purchase for yourself.  Has nothing to do with Mariner status that I am aware of.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 510picker said:

Show up when you want to and they will welcome you with open arms. Ignore what the boarding pass says. Have a great cruise!

+1

That's been our experience in October and December 2021.....Do not worry about boarding times.....And it matters not if you are Club Orange or Club Steerage (which is my club)....All are welcomed whenever they arrive and Holland America is glad to have you onboard!

We showed up on 2/13 hotel check out time. Like said before we walked on board pretty quickly. I think we had to sit for 20 minutes. You will like the service and food quality. Wayan, Wayan II, Sue, Suwit, Joko, Daru, Marta and Joyce plus the wonderful 2 lady chefs will make your meals special. Some pics from CO and CO entree in room dining.  Orange plate means CO special entree. Tonight was a lovely veal chop.  You will enjoy it very much. 😋

IMG_20220226_165242478.jpg

IMG_20220220_180739572_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220223_185023322.jpg

IMG_20220223_185002258.jpg

IMG_20220223_181643995.jpg

IMG_20220222_190625740.jpg