Security Photo?

cruzcactus

1 minute ago, cruzcactus said:

What do they want as a security photo? Is it a photo of a passport or drivers license or ????? Is it the full image of ID or just face??????????? So confused....

If I do not do this on the app, can it just be done at port???

I just took a photo of my face and it uploaded to the app. Nothing special or fancy. I suppose no sunglasses on though.

Princess called me about info that was needed.  One of the things she said I needed a security photo. which is a photocopy of a passport. But I forgot to ask if it was the full the total copy of passport with all the info or just face. Or photo of a driver license. They do not explain it well...........

30 minutes ago, cruzcactus said:

Princess called me about info that was needed.  One of the things she said I needed a security photo. which is a photocopy of a passport. But I forgot to ask if it was the full the total copy of passport with all the info or just face. Or photo of a driver license. They do not explain it well...........

The security photo is the same as what they use to take every time you board.  Having one prior to boarding just speeds things up.  A lot of time they end up retaking it because they don’t like the picture you took or chose to load.  If you don’t end up with one in the app they will just take it at boarding as usual.  A copy of your passport is a whole different section of the app and is unrelated to the security photo so not sure what the rep was talking about.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruzcactus said:

Princess called me about info that was needed.  One of the things she said I needed a security photo. which is a photocopy of a passport. 

And they gave you bad information. The other posters all gave you the correct information 😀

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info.

I thought a copy of my passport was weird. I just took a selfie of myself, lol.

The only thing now I do not see is the state driver license and birth certificate option for my travel friend who is cruising with me. Oh well guess we will do that at the port........

If Security does not like the photo when you scan onto the ship the first time, they will retake the photo.  My security photo I loaded in the app was from before the shutdown.   Hair is now longer so they retook the photo.

Edited by kiwimum

4 hours ago, kiwimum said:

If Security does not like the photo when you scan onto the ship the first time, they will retake the photo.  My security photo I loaded in the app was from before the shutdown.   Hair is now longer so they retook the photo.

Funny - I took so many selfies hoping my picture would get better but it didn’t. No matter how many selfies you take, you won’t look younger! I looked at my security picture recently and was surprised it was different. You could see the ship in the background so evidently security didn’t like my picture either. And it’s amazing because your picture CAN actually look better when you are boarding a cruise ship, likely because you are so happy, it shows!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, cruzcactus said:

What do they want as a security photo? Is it a photo of a passport or drivers license or ????? Is it the full image of ID or just face??????????? So confused....

If I do not do this on the app, can it just be done at port???

They always take a new photo of me on the ship as I board. Why?  Who knows. 

12 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Since you don't get to see the photo during the cruise, why worry? 

It is the photo that comes up on every bar terminal when they ring up a sale. It is how they identify passengers.
You see a whole bunch of them on the screen at each bar as people walk past with their medallions...

41 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

It is the photo that comes up on every bar terminal when they ring up a sale. It is how they identify passengers.
You see a whole bunch of them on the screen at each bar as people walk past with their medallions...

Unless you stretch your neck around the other side of the bar, the bartender is the only one that can see it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Unless you stretch your neck around the other side of the bar, the bartender is the only one that can see it. 

Sitting at the Explorers on the Grand we passed the time matching faces in between evening events