Oceania Vista 2023

CanEcosse

Just received the 272 page Collection of Voyages for 2023. I noticed that all VISTA cruises after July 25th (Rome to Barcelona) up to Sept 18th (NewYork to Montreal) are missing from the book entirely. Is this just poor editing or ????

I am on one of the cruises in the "missing" time frame. They have all been sold out since the were released. It took only 2 - 3 days. I look at the one I am on, British Isles, from time to time and no cabin has opened up. So my guess is they are not there because there is nothing available. Julia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jwindham said:

I am on one of the cruises in the "missing" time frame. They have all been sold out since the were released. It took only 2 - 3 days. I look at the one I am on, British Isles, from time to time and no cabin has opened up. So my guess is they are not there because there is nothing available. Julia

Thanks Julia. Looks like you are right. I thought the inaugural cruise would have been sold out ages ago but it is still showing availability. I guess April is too early, new ship or not,

Walter

54 minutes ago, CanEcosse said:

I guess April is too early, new ship or not,

Not quite sure whether you mean too early after the pandemic or too early in the life of a brand new ship.it will be 2023 and IMO we will have adapted to the new life in post Covid world

We are booked on the inaugural voyage but are considering cancelling for a couple of reasons

- expensive compared to Oceania similar cruises 

- not convinced Vista will be ready and we can’t afford the time or money required to take a chance - won’t be the first Oceania ship which requires more time

- the more we consider Vista, we believe we will still prefer the other O ships - seems to be designed for a younger demographic

i realize this is not specific to your post but they have been things we are thinking about

• Like 1

18 hours ago, edgee said:

Some cruises listed into early 2024 on Oceania website.

There are just three, 2 in Jan and 1 in Feb, on Oceania's Web Site, "Find Your Cruise". All 3 are the lengthy voyages: 72 days aboard Riviera, 180 days aboard Insignia, and 79 days aboard Nautica.

7 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

There are just three, 2 in Jan and 1 in Feb, on Oceania's Web Site, "Find Your Cruise". All 3 are the lengthy voyages: 72 days aboard Riviera, 180 days aboard Insignia, and 79 days aboard Nautica.

Yes, give it another month or so and the rest should appear.

53 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

HMM though the thread was about the VISTA 🤔

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Not quite sure whether you mean too early after the pandemic or too early in the life of a brand new ship.it will be 2023 and IMO we will have adapted to the new life in post Covid world

We are booked on the inaugural voyage but are considering cancelling for a couple of reasons

- expensive compared to Oceania similar cruises 

- not convinced Vista will be ready and we can’t afford the time or money required to take a chance - won’t be the first Oceania ship which requires more time

- the more we consider Vista, we believe we will still prefer the other O ships - seems to be designed for a younger demographic

i realize this is not specific to your post but they have been things we are thinking about

As of now Vista is on time..I will be on the cruise before Inaugural and will be posting from there..

Jancruz1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Some of the "missing" Vista cruises were great itineraries and sold out quickly as a previous poster said.  When I considered wait listing on two of them, the wait lists were already > 60 for most all categories.  Just recently inquired again, the the wait list was > 70 for penthouse and concierge.  I am booked on an earlier Vista itinerary Venice->Athens (which will hopefully not depart from Trieste like my 2022 Marina cruise!)

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

I will be on the cruise before Inaugural and will be posting from there..

Jancruz1

Thanks for that - much appreciated

What is the "cruise before the inaugural" - VIP shakedown cruise?

Is this why the inaugural is still widely available as many will be on a cruise before?

On 2/25/2022 at 7:21 PM, jwindham said:

We are on the vista waiting list for London to London.   Our numbers are in the low 20s and 32.  Hopefully  we will clear the list.

9 hours ago, Robjame said:

Is this why the inaugural is still widely available as many will be on a cruise before?

The cruise before is for friends and family..has nothing to do with the inaugural

Jancruz1

19 hours ago, Jancruz said:

The cruise before is for friends and family..has nothing to do with the inaugural

However many of the dignitaries and VIPs will be sailing on the voyage before the “maiden voyage” and will not be on board as is the usual case with other maiden voyages. It explains why this cruise is so poorly subscribed with many empty staterooms available. The hype will be lessened. The first time experience will already have been recorded and posted.

I am disappointed and now see little reason to pay the inflated price for a mediocre itinerary.

As I reread my above post I realized that it sounds a little ridiculous and petty. I apologize to anyone I offended especially JanCruz. for whom I have a lot of respect.

I am new enough to Oceania (6 years) to believe that when they described a cruise as Maiden Voyage that it was as such, according to the accepted definition.( the first voyage of a ship after its acceptance by the owners from the builders.)

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

As I reread my above post I realized that it sounds a little ridiculous and petty. I apologize to anyone I offended especially JanCruz. for whom I have a lot of respect.

I am new enough to Oceania (6 years) to believe that when they described a cruise as Maiden Voyage that it was as such, according to the accepted definition.( the first voyage of a ship after its acceptance by the owners from the builders.)

Maybe a maiden voyage is one with paid customers

I seem to remember the Maiden voyage on Marina was the 2 nd  or 3rd trip

They had a short 3 day for VIP & friends then sailing across to Miami  then the maiden to Panama Canal

Maybe someone has the exact info  as my memory might be failing  after all this time 😉

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 3:43 PM, Robjame said:

IMO, some people avoid the maiden voyage. As exciting as it may be to be on it, things happen.

I was booked on Riviera's 2nd voyage.  The shipbuilding was delayed and the first 3 cruises were postponed. They did give us a 2-3 month notice so at least it wasn't a last minute thing. After that happened, the appeal of a maiden voyage was lost for me. I'd like to sail on Vista some day but I'll wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Did they cancel your cruise or just push everything back so your cruise was leaving at a later date?

It was pushed back.  This was in 2012 and as I recall, the original itinerary was rescheduled to a time we could not go so we chose another one with a similar itinerary 6 months later.

6 hours ago, Robjame said:

Thank you so much..I really appreciate your kind words..

Jancruz1

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 3:48 PM, su-arizona said:

Some of the "missing" Vista cruises were great itineraries and sold out quickly as a previous poster said.  When I considered wait listing on two of them, the wait lists were already > 60 for most all categories.  Just recently inquired again, the the wait list was > 70 for penthouse and concierge.  I am booked on an earlier Vista itinerary Venice->Athens (which will hopefully not depart from Trieste like my 2022 Marina cruise!)

We will see you on the Venice to Athens cruise.