Changes to Baltic Cruise Itinerary

judithzuz

Since the last thread on this topic was closed, I thought I would start another one. I guess someone colored outside the lines. But I think we need to have someplace to discuss questions we might have about our upcoming cruises. If someone can enlighten me as to the reason that the last thread was closed, please do so. If we are able to keep the thread going, we'll try to stay on topic. My input here is that my flight home out of Copenhagen was cancelled and Lufhansa, via EZair, had placed me on a 9:35 am flight home, not possible. I was lucky to get hold of someone at Princess and she rebooked me on a later Lufthansa flight. Point is, the scramble for flights may be on as people cancel various bookings, leaving airlines consolidating some flights. Check in with your flight itineraries and stay on top of them. Things may get harry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, judithzuz said:

Since the last thread on this topic was closed, I thought I would start another one. I guess someone colored outside the lines. But I think we need to have someplace to discuss questions we might have about our upcoming cruises. If someone can enlighten me as to the reason that the last thread was closed, please do so. If we are able to keep the thread going, we'll try to stay on topic. My input here is that my flight home out of Copenhagen was cancelled and Lufhansa, via EZair, had placed me on a 9:35 am flight home, not possible. I was lucky to get hold of someone at Princess and she rebooked me on a later Lufthansa flight. Point is, the scramble for flights may be on as people cancel various bookings, leaving airlines consolidating some flights. Check in with your flight itineraries and stay on top of them. Things may get harry.

Good point!  Yes, let's keep this thread going as I must be several days behind everyone else on our sailing (April 9) getting any notifications.  I just got the form email today saying Princess is monitoring the situation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flahagan said:

Good point!  Yes, let's keep this thread going as I must be several days behind everyone else on our sailing (April 9) getting any notifications.  I just got the form email today saying Princess is monitoring the situation.

Lots of commentary on social media today about the "monitoring" approach for all the cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella and a wish for something stronger.  Carnival have now announced:

image.png.8133239c55fb5cffe07cc27714417a0e.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, judithzuz said:

If someone can enlighten me as to the reason that the last thread was closed, please do so.

My guess is that it evolved into more about the politics and less about things you hope to learn about…affects on cruises. I’ve previously seen threads closed or removed for that reason…thanks for starting this thread about affects on cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am waiting for news re Enchanted Princess sailing June 17 from Copenhagen. I presume that St. Petersburg will be replaced given Carnival Corp statement in Miami this afternoon ... very surprised that RCCL confirmed that, as of now, Voyager OTS will call St. Petersburg. 

Edited by NavArch64

4 hours ago, judithzuz said:

I would also add to cancel your St. Petersburg tours ASAP…. I cancelled mine yesterday, and have my 200$ deposit back today. I sent an email, and they sent back a very nice and prompt response. However, I wonder if They may not be able to transfer money soon, or refund deposits. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, nursemom2 said:

I would also add to cancel your St. Petersburg tours ASAP…. I cancelled mine yesterday, and have my 200$ deposit back today. I sent an email, and they sent back a very nice and prompt response. However, I wonder if They may not be able to transfer money soon, or refund deposits. 

I have SPB excursions booked with Princess directly and have been trying to cancel them.  Can someone please point me in the right direction for how to do this?  I'm sure it should be straightforward so I apologise if I'm missing something very obvious, but I can't figure it out!

TIA

7 minutes ago, postcardswansea said:

I have SPB excursions booked with Princess directly and have been trying to cancel them.  Can someone please point me in the right direction for how to do this?  I'm sure it should be straightforward so I apologise if I'm missing something very obvious, but I can't figure it out!

TIA

Just go to the Personalizer and click the Excursions tab. Next to the Excursions it has wording "Reserved for 2 guests" (or how many you booked for). Click on that and you get the option to cancel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nursemom2 said:

That is a very good point. Do they now want payment in advance? When we did a Baltic cruise (2007) and used a tour by Alla, we did not have to pay anything until we were taking the tour.

It would likely affect other ports, too.  I'm guessing that it isn't as simple as a single port change, but an actual reshuffling of the itinerary.  I don't blame the cruise line for taking their time.  If I were eliminating the Russian port, I'd add another day in Stockholm, and maybe a new port at the beginning or end of the itinerary...or just add a couple of new ports, but geographically, it's a challenge.

Don't you wish you could email Princess with a list of potential ports you would like to see 😊

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

That is a very good point. Do they now want payment in advance? When we did a Baltic cruise (2007) and used a tour by Alla, we did not have to pay anything until we were taking the tour.

Alla Tours requires:
"Full prepayment for your tour(s) is required 1 month prior to your first port with us or within 72 hours after you receive a confirmation letter from your personal manager, whichever is later."

We do not have a CC on file.

SPB Tours (based in Germany) "Generally, the deposit is due one month in advance of your cruise or 5 days after your booking, whichever date is later."

Edited by billco

3 hours ago, postcardswansea said:

TIA

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

Just go to the Personalizer and click the Excursions tab. Next to the Excursions it has wording "Reserved for 2 guests" (or how many you booked for). Click on that and you get the option to cancel.

This isn't necessary for excursions booked directly through Princess. One of the advantages of booking through Princess is that they will cancel the tour and refund your money automatically if the itinerary changes so you don't make that port.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Milaandra said:

Don't you wish you could email Princess with a list of potential ports you would like to see 😊

I think I already posted this somewhere but my wish is for an overnight in Warnemunde. It would give us a chance to take a train to Berlin and stay overnight there. It's an amazing city. And an extra port in Norway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, billco said:

Alla Tours requires:
"Full prepayment for your tour(s) is required 1 month prior to your first port with us or within 72 hours after you receive a confirmation letter from your personal manager, whichever is later."

We do not have a CC on file.

SPB Tours (based in Germany) "Generally, the deposit is due one month in advance of your cruise or 5 days after your booking, whichever date is later."

Do you know when they changed this? As I said we did not have to pay anything until we actually took the tour with Alla back in 2007.

But, even with this new policy, if no payment is due until one month in advance of your cruise, why should any payment have been already made?

39 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Do you know when they changed this? As I said we did not have to pay anything until we actually took the tour with Alla back in 2007.

But, even with this new policy, if no payment is due until one month in advance of your cruise, why should any payment have been already made?

It has been the policy with Alla Tours for at least since 2019 when I first booked with them. I doubt if very many people make payment until required. 

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

They required a deposit of 50$ pp at time of booking, the rest was due on day of the tour. 

1 hour ago, judithzuz said:

I think I already posted this somewhere but my wish is for an overnight in Warnemunde. It would give us a chance to take a train to Berlin and stay overnight there. It's an amazing city. And an extra port in Norway.

That’s a great idea. If they change the itinerary, I wonder if we will have the option to cancel. SPB is really the highlight of this cruise on 4/23 for me. 

• Like 1

So far, not much info for Enchanted Princess from Santa Clarita ...

We understand that you may have some concerns regarding your upcoming sailing given the evolving events with Ukraine and Russia.

We are closely monitoring the situation as the safety and security of our guests and team members are our highest priority. Should we amend any of our published itineraries, we will promptly advise booked guests and their travel advisors.

Please note that our contact centers will not have any additional information at this time. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

So far, no offer of cancelation with FCC. I doubt cash refunds will be offered ... the Cruise Contract allows changes in ports of call for the "safety and security of our guests". We shall see. 
Edited by NavArch64

As of right now ....

Upon booking the Cruise, each Passenger explicitly agrees to the terms of the Passage Contract. 
Please read all sections carefully as they affect the passenger's legal rights, particularly with respect to cancellation (Section 6) the provision of medical care (Section 13) and the Carrier's liability and your right to sue (Sections 14-16).