Zaandam   Shipyard

Freeport BS

Noordam   Shipyard

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0227World.thumb.png.34f402da6acd1f2d7b80e3c4f52fc1e1.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Polar bears are magnificent beasts.  Love Retro Day we must not forget what it was like before smart phones and computers.  I think I have some strawberries in the freezer, maybe we'll eat some today.🙂

Interesting quote.

Not sure what the meal is, looking forward to seeing pictures and recipes.

The cocktail and the wine sound pretty good.

Hope to see lots of pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26

Morning all. Just a quick visit before Bindi and I go hiking on the Southern trail of our local State Park. A bit foggy, but it should burn off by 8. 

A hodgepodge of smiles this morning. 

C7CCCDA6-26F2-40B7-BC9D-15299C015660.jpeg.0ee96303690e18cb6a36bc2d17b3db75.jpeg

4717D4CE-EAD3-4343-A340-F3988D68C97A.jpeg.0c6de8be3d26e88767ba04c2e5d87600.jpeg

757DDF00-EC05-45AF-BB07-26D48851F5EB.jpeg.15edbc73db26a4daf6567cd78cc9445b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone. 

Decero Cabernet Sauvignon
All released vintages of this Cab share the same excellent ratings and decent price. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $13.99. You might even find it for less locally. 

Winemaker Notes

The 2018 Decero Cabernet Sauvignon has classic notes of cassis and some cherry and red fruit flavors with fresh acidity. The wine has supple integrated tannins, from 14 months in French oak barrels. A medium bodied, elegant style of Cabernet Sauvignon.

JS92 James Suckling
Fresh, leafy notes to the cassis aromas, but not over the top, with roasted spices and cedar. Fresh and juicy on the palate with fresh, blue-fruit flavors, a spicy-oak kick and linear, full tannin.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Good Sunday morning,

Beautiful sunrise this morning.  Brightens the whole mood.  Love Polar bears, I hope the conservation groups can save their habitats.  Don't care for anything retro, been there done that.  Love strawberries in any form.  Good  quote.  Not sure what the meal is, will wait for @dfishrecipes.

Prayers and toasts for our lists.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Sunset Tea:

Ingredients
3 parts Pinnacle® CranApple Vodka
2 parts Iced Tea
1 part Orange Juice
Cinnamon, Ground
Orange Slice

Instructions
Pour over ice, shake and pour into a tall glass. Garnish with an orange slice or apple spear dipped in cinnamon.

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 7.19.39 AM.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich for the Daily for the last Sunday before Lent.  Love Polar Bears (from a safe distance) Strawberries, and Retro, as well as the Eliot quote.  Albondigas sounds interesting but I'm not into spicy food so I'll give it a pass.  My alternative is Pineapple, Banana, and Mango Compote,Broiled New York Striploin Steak, and Blueberry Pie Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam February 27, 2019:

dishes27-1.jpg

Today’s care list:

Ukrane
StLouisCruiser’s niece with post fall complications
Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Welfare of furloughed crews
The Queen still with Covid
Sea viewer DH recovering from stent procedure
Aliaschief recovering from diverticulitis
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and procedure March 7
Superoma in isolation
From the rotation:

MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise
Vict0riann’s Cousin with ALS and DH with Alzheimers
Marshhawk awaiting surgery
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancer chemo

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rotterdam and Eurodam in Everglades
6 BHB with passengers
Nextone DDIL doing better
SeaViewer DH backhome
Bon Voyage  NorseH20 (Zuiderdam to 4/4)
Bon Voyage Mr. Boston (Nieuw Amsterdam to 3/5)
JAM37 (Mariner OTS 2/22-26)  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to  3/8) , and GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to 2/27) at sea
Welcome home 0106
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from SW Florida, another day in the mid 80s.

Very wise quote.

I'm very into things Retro. 

Florida grows some great strawberries.

3 weeks from today until our cruise on the Rotterdam, it will nice to sail again on a BHB and even nicer since the Rotterdam is almost brand new. 

Off to church in a few minutes.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for The Daily.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Good afternoon.

It is 46°F and sunny here at the beach.

Lovely church service this morning.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

We should look after the polar bears conservation.

Retro is becoming popular.

I love strawberries especially dipped in milk chocolate.

Interesting quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Wasn't aware cruise ships docked at Ilfracombe.

Prayers for Ukraine and all on our care list.

Take care and stay safe 😷

Graham.

1645964437151271318581831044511.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 33

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily for the last Sunday before Lent.  Love Polar Bears (from a safe distance) Strawberries, and Retro, as well as the Eliot quote.  Albondigas sounds interesting but I'm not into spicy food so I'll give it a pass.  My alternative is Pineapple, Banana, and Mango Compote,Broiled New York Striploin Steak, and Blueberry Pie Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam February 27, 2019:

dishes27-1.jpg

Today’s care list:

Ukrane
StLouisCruiser’s niece with post fall complications
Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Welfare of furloughed crews
The Queen still with Covid
Sea viewer DH recovering from stent procedure
Aliaschief recovering from diverticulitis
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and procedure March 7
Superoma in isolation
From the rotation:

MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise
Vict0riann’s Cousin with ALS and DH with Alzheimers
Marshhawk awaiting surgery
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancer chemo

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rotterdam and Eurodam in Everglades
6 BHB with passengers
Nextone DDIL doing better
SeaViewer DH backhome
Bon Voyage  NorseH20 (Zuiderdam to 4/4)
Bon Voyage Mr. Boston (Nieuw Amsterdam to 3/5)
JAM37 (Mariner OTS 2/22-26)  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to  3/8) , and GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to 2/27) at sea
Welcome home 0106
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good Sunday morning,

Beautiful sunrise this morning.  Brightens the whole mood.  Love Polar bears, I hope the conservation groups can save their habitats.  Don't care for anything retro, been there done that.  Love strawberries in any form.  Good  quote.  Not sure what the meal is, will wait for @dfishrecipes.

Prayers and toasts for our lists.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Sunset Tea:

Ingredients
3 parts Pinnacle® CranApple Vodka
2 parts Iced Tea
1 part Orange Juice
Cinnamon, Ground
Orange Slice

Instructions
Pour over ice, shake and pour into a tall glass. Garnish with an orange slice or apple spear dipped in cinnamon.

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 7.19.39 AM.png

Just noticed you live in Sebring, we lived at Sun N' Lake for 10 years.

• Like 12

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  It’s certainly the right time of year to celebrate Polar Bears but not so much strawberries 😉 

Love the quote for today!  I’ll have to wait on the meal description to decide but @cat shepard’s description of the wine with the tannins told me right away it was one red I definitely can’t drink.

234434A9-329C-4203-9508-CADD133A312B.jpeg.a204a93c95dcfe961ada1378ce4ae0f0.jpeg

Another port we were supposed to visit this spring 😔 Oh well, I’ll just have to enjoy pics.

The birds are singing away outside.  They must think spring is coming as it looks like one has started a nest with branches (lots of those laying around from the storms 😉 ).  I fear it’s a tad too early for that and will be destroyed in the next storm

9B0426E8-690C-4994-BF20-8F77BF36CE29.thumb.jpeg.5c4536781977406b0d12ed78f04e8c92.jpeg

My little weather station is warning me it’s going to snow 😱 I sure hope it is wrong.  It’s not in the forecast.

Prayers for Ukraine & everyone on the Care list and for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday, everyone !!!!!

074BA52E-B1A8-4443-AAD5-9492490C92E1.jpeg.7b5495f7bee42cd4e99a64bf755f4335.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

4359ACE0-176B-40C2-A3F2-A04EE2B5D353.jpeg.61a4c641eb8142f1eb033ac880284b37.jpeg

75188839-3817-4ABF-A2D8-0C8443DD3840.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Polar bears are fun to watch. Love strawberries. We celebrated retro last week on the ship when they had a 70's dance hour.

Not sure about the meal yet. Thought provoking quote.

The cruise was good overall. We mostly relaxed. I'm not sure why, but I was extremely sleepy most of the cruise and still am this morning. I am hoping to relax today and maybe take a nap, but really should go to the store. Although since today is DMIL's birthday we will go out for dinner so I could possibly push the groceries off another day.

@grapau27 thank you for sharing the sermon, Graham.

I look forward to catching up to see what everyone here has been up to. My thoughts and prayers have continuously been with you all.

Have a great day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Edited by JAM37
Grammar
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Graham, are you and Pauline worshiping in person or online?

Roy

Hi Roy.

We are at church every Sunday morning when we are not on holiday.

Our church which is on my Avatar has been open for several months for services.

Most of us still wear our masks in church and holy communion is bread only.

Father David WhatsApps us the sermon around 7.30am and has since the church was originally closed by UK lockdown rules in 2020.

I have always WhatsApped the service to a CC friend in Texas and now I post it on here.

Father David is delighted to hear friends in Canada and USA on here enjoy his sermons.

It is Ash Wednesday next week.

I'm pleased you had a great cruise and hope you are well after your long radiology sessions.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all.It is a sunny 28 here and expected to be in the mid forties.I promised both dogs a nice long walk.

I have only seen polar bears from afar but certainly give them their day. My DGC recently saw a movie set in the seventies and wondered if we actually wore those clothes.I sent several pictures of us in interesting  outfits and they were quite impressed.

We have not been to the port,like the quote and look forward  to the meatball recipes.

@kazu,Jacqui, I hope you were able to visit with Jose and that the roads were clear.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I hope things are improving  with Jen and your brother.

Take care everyone 

Terry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

I awoke to a cat trying to climb under the covers while sneezing, and the sound of rain on the roof.  Either way to start the day, was a wet one!  

@grapau27  Thank you again for posting "church" this morning.  I think the whole world is waiting for that cloud to appear now.

@richwmn Thank you for your work everyday coordinating us with information and suggestions.

The meal sounds like a cross mix between a F1 race car driver and something that gives you gas....so I cant wait to see what it is.   And I love the quote.

In regards to retro day, odd that when i turned on the tv this morning they were doing a survey report of whether we want to see the future, or go back to the past.  (think Back to the Future film)  turns out in their findings, that the older you are the more you want to go back, and the younger you are, the more you want the future.  I wouldn't mind going back to the time, when people were not glued to their cell phones.  That when you went out to eat somewhere, that folks were talking to each other, instead of checking what messages were coming in on their phones.  In other words being more in the moment.  But if I go too far back, well we wouldn't have the Daily.  And that would be terrible!

@cat shepard  I loved your memes today!  Especially about getting older.  DH had put a DVD in the computer of old pictures we had taken in the 2002-2003 years.  He asked me who that woman was, and why did he have a picture of her-it was me 60 pounds heavier than i am now.  And then he asked who the guy was-and it was him before his cancer surgery.  (half of his face was remade around 2008).

To tell you the truth, if our traveling buddies hadn't been in the pictures, I wouldn't have known who were were either.

Have a great day!

87767b994ce1275fa780fd0c92ba944f.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Starting to feel better so Roy please remove me from Care List, thank you.

Today is packing day and I believe we are both going for pedicures. My socks are getting snagged on nails!😱

Getting ready for church so will cut this short. Have a lot to be thankful for and an hour put aside for God is needed and warranted.

Thanks Rich and all our contributors.

Have a great week!

• Like 31

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Polar Bears are quite majestic and need to be protected.  Strawberries always remind me of summer.  Speaking of retro, I saw something last week that really resonated with me.  It said "Never underestimate your mothers; we had long hair, wore bell bottoms, mini skirts and hot pants, ran comfortably in platform shoes, and we took no prisoners."   

I just checked the weather and it appears (after looking at 3 different sites) that we've reached our daily high of -8C.  I guess we can only expect it to get dark today, nothing more.  LOL  I'll take it, though, because it beats having a blasting wind that brings the temps down to face freezing cold.

I like today's drink suggestion and can imagine how nice it would be to sip that on a sunny deck of a BHB.  Speaking of our lovely ships, I won't be able to watch sail-away today because DH has asked me to accompany him to a meeting where he will be presenting the first edit of the historical video he's producing for the heritage group.   I normally keep out of his business, but I think he's nervous about their reactions and would like me there for moral support.   I know most of the people who will be in attendance, so it won't seem like I'm just a tag-along.

Because the meeting will take up most of the afternoon, I've decided (unless we pick up something on the way home) that we'll have a simple dinner tonight.  It's looking like toasted bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches and soup will be on our dinner table tonight.  Accompanied by strawberries and ice cream.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and those who are giving them assistance.  We'll clink our glasses together to celebrate the peace we are able to enjoy, and to cheer on everyone on the happy list.  Be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, stay healthy and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 37