Ft Lauderdale Hotel with early check in for cruisers

2boxers

Don't ever count on it. It worked only once for us. The worst was one arrival we didn't get our room until 4:00pm.

To insure that we would once when arriving very early into Singapore for a pre-cruise we actually booked our room the day before our flight arrival and let the hotel know of our plans...seems like this is common at times in some places.

There are dozens of hotels in Fort Lauderdale. And the airport is not far from the cruise port, or the beach, so you don't really need to book close to airport. 

Note that the early check ins would be tricky, as the rooms are often all booked by people checking out that morning at 10am ish to get ON the same cruise you got off! 

Try to find one with good pool/beach access and plan to drop luggage and do your own thing or hang by the pool or visit beach. 

On 3/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, Ashland said:

Don't ever count on it. It worked only once for us. The worst was one arrival we didn't get our room until 4:00pm.

To insure that we would once when arriving very early into Singapore for a pre-cruise we actually booked our room the day before our flight arrival and let the hotel know of our plans...seems like this is common at times in some places.

Agreed. We've booked an extra night prior to arrival (mostly international travel, early arrival into Sydney, Australia) and notified the hotel we would be doing so in order to avoid a "no show."

Unlikely early check in for cruise hotels ... as mentioned, many facilities will hold your luggage and allow use of the pool, etc until check in. If your willing to spend to moolah, would highly recommend just booking an extra night.

We have found that many hotels have actually delayed check in until 4pm when they previously allowed a 2pm check in. Now that Covid is not the threat it was we can hope that they will revert to the original check in times. 

Have seen Embassy Suites offering early check in at a cost of $25 but that was pre Covid..maybe more expensive now..but there is a relaxing pool/ pool deck area. You can also walk to the Harbor Shops outdoor shopping area which has a Publix, Total Wine and the Sun Trolley Stop.

There ate tons and tons of hotel choices in Ft. Lauderdale with many near the airport. I would suggest calling the hotel directly and speaking with them about their check in policy.........All the major hotel chains are down there.......Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt are 3 examples. Another couple of choices are Fairfield Inn and SpringHill Suites........so that makes 5.  There is Embassy Suites and Renaissance. Both of those are in 17th Street. So that makes 7 choices.  

On 3/6/2022 at 10:38 AM, Reina del Mar said:

Have seen Embassy Suites offering early check in at a cost of $25 but that was pre Covid..maybe more expensive now..but there is a relaxing pool/ pool deck area. You can also walk to the Harbor Shops outdoor shopping area which has a Publix, Total Wine and the Sun Trolley Stop.

Where is that particular Embassy Suites ? We need some things to do the day before the cruise.

i hold status at 2 major hotel chains and am rarely refused an early 1pm checkin.

what's stupid to me is that all major chains offer late check out, which i have NEVER had a need for.  Stupid benefit, what i want is early check in.  Get those darn Maids to work early, at times I leave the hotel before 6 am on check out day, don't even get that free breakfast.