The Daily for Thursday 03/03/2022

richwmn

Today is Caregiver Appreciation Day, I Want You to be Happy Day, and If Pets Had Thumbs Day

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.--Mother Teresa

Meal Suggestion for today - Pressure Cooker Risotto With Chicken And Mushrooms
Drink of the Day - Home Team Mojito
Wine of the Day - Danzante Pinot Grigio, Delle Venezie, ltaly
Destination of the Day - Walvis Bay, Namibia

Ships With Passengers

Aruba

Eurodam   08:00 - 16:00

At Sea

Nieuw Amsterdam   Destination Fort Lauderdale, P

At Sea Pacific

Zuiderdam   Destination Honolulu, Oahu Isl

Puerto Vallarta, MX

Koningsdam   08:00 - 17:00

Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 17:00
Rotterdam   08:00 - 17:00

Ships Without Passengers

Cadiz SP

Volendam   Shipyard
Zaandam   Shipyard

Limassol, CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, FL US

Noordam  

0302World.thumb.png.dae582b295d8c6cf6243581e00eba69d.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Love the days.  A big thank you to all caregivers out there, you are appreciated even if sometimes taken for granted.   I do want everyone to be happy, it's terrible that some people suffer so much.  And I love "If Pets had Thumbs Day", I wonder what Bertie would do?

Great quote from an inspiration.

The meal sounds interesting but I don't have a pressure cooker.  Maybe I should get one.

I'm sure the drink is tasty and I know I'll like the wine.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 32

Good afternoon.

It is 44°F and cloudy here in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Caregivers are invaluable for people who need them.

It's nice if everyone can be happy.

Interesting quote.

Not sure of the food and drink but Pinot grigio is normally good.

Prayers 🙏 for Ukraine and everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 32

Thanks for the daily Rich. Caregivers are always to be celebrated and supported. Mother Theresa quote so true. The meal, wine, and drink all sound good. Interesting that the Noordam is in Port Everglades.

• Like 29

Good morning to all.

It is a chilly morning here in Bluffton but promises to warm up.

Rich, thank you for the list.

I especially like Caregiver Appreciation Day.  If anything, caregivers need appreciation and sometimes get very little.  Caregiving can get very lonely and many people do not realize how important it is for the caregiver to get respite or even some interaction with people other than the person for whom they are caring.  I salute all caregivers, especially all of you who regularly post on the Daily.

We all want people to be happy.  To have a day dedicated to that is great.

Like the quote.

Dinner looks good and will probably try it as does the wine.

Never been to the Namibia.

Hope every one has a great day.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 33

Good morning Daily Friends!

Caregiver Day - if there was ever a group of people so deserving of a special day, it's Caregivers.  Quite frankly, one day doesn't seem like enough.  Today I raise my glass with a special cheer to all the wonderful caregivers here at the Daily!!

Enjoy a nice risotto, but not a fan of mushrooms so this one might not be for me.  I'd pass on the mojito but feel fairly certain the wine is right up my alley (not many aren't!).  

I do need to catch up on yesterday's happenings, hopefully at lunch I'll have time to read some.

Daughter had her appointment yesterday and while all is fine and normal, still no significant changes (other than she's dropped a bit lower).  A non-stress test has been scheduled for early next week along with an ultrasound to check things out, and a date for induction was scheduled for a week from tomorrow (all this assuming she doesn't suddenly pop into labor, something we'd all love to have happen!).  She told me and DH she feels badly having us come down so early now, but we told her not to be silly - as long as they don't mind us being around, we're happy to be here and helping out. 

The weather here in VA has been pretty darned good the past couple of days - I think it was nearly 70 degrees yesterday and walking my granddog was a real pleasure.  Even last night, only needed a light fleece sweater to be comfortable.  I think there will be more sun and warmth today so walking is definitely on the schedule.  

Thank you all for your care and concern...sending the same back to all of you especially those on our Care List.  May better days be ahead for us all!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

We got a dusting of snow last night.  I am hoping there isn't ice beneath it.  I guess I'll find out when I go to the pool later this morning.  Not much is planned for today after the pool.  I think it will be one of those relaxing days.  

Today's meal sounds really good, but the carb load is really high.  One recipe has my total day's carb allotment in one serving, so I guess I'll be skipping it.  If you don't have a pressure cooker, never worry.  I found some instant pot adaptations.  

This first one is for the pressure cooker.   I'm  not sure what the difference is between a pressure cooker and an instant pot.  Oh, I just looked it up.  Pressure cookers can get to a higher pressure.   You can make this without either, it just means being more vigilant stirring your rice mixture until it releases the starch and becomes creamy.   Anyways, on to the recipe:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-risotto-with-chicken-and-mushrooms/

Pressure-Cooker-Risotto-with-Chicken-and-Mushrooms_EXPS_DAI19_206289_B02_13_2b.thumb.jpg.8e102e5615fa5c88c5653bdadd2f723d.jpg

Here is one that is slightly different for the instant pot.  Again, you can do this on top of the stove.  It just takes longer and you need to be vigilant in stirring the rice.   https://www.noshtastic.com/instant-pot-risotto-with-chicken-and-mushrooms/

Instant-Pot-Chicken-Risotto-Recipe-1-of-1-2.thumb.jpg.a22df03f550499bdc34ddb489121142a.jpg

I like the looks of this next one because they saute the veggies first, getting that nice browning on them that imparts so much flavor.   https://www.happyfoodstube.com/instant-pot-chicken-risotto/

instant-pot-chicken-risotto-picture.thumb.jpg.6d673c35524176650255385905035efa.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially the people of Ukraine.   Cheers to those with a celebration.  Wishing you all the best of the best days.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  A salute to all caregivers, especially @smitty34877 and @kazu.   Lets all pray for everyone's happiness.  Not sure about pets having thumbs.  I love Mother Theresa's quote.  Been to Walvis Bay just once on MS Amsterdam in 2014.  Without a pressure cooker I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Citrus Delight with Amaretto, Apple Cider Brined Pork Chop with Cherry-Raisin Chutney and Berries Financier as served on MS Prinsendam March 3, 2019.

dishes03.jpg

The care rotation is down to 5 so until it grows I'll post the entire list daily

Today’s care list:

Kakalina with esophageal blockage and numbered days
Ukraine

StLouisCruiser’s niece Jen with post fall complications
Sea Viewer DH bruised from fall
Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Welfare of furloughed crews
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and procedure March 7
Tana
Cruzn single with post-covid fatigue
From the rotation:
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancer chemo
Marshhawk awaiting surgery
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Noordam in Everglades
6 BHB with passengers
Special status for Kazu
3 days for Aliaschief and dwaliaschief (Azamara quest to 3/17)
3 days for kb4683 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/16)
3 days for Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam to 4/3)
Recovery for the Queen
smitty34877's neighbor
cruising-along and Jazzyv character map tips
ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to  3/8)  Mr. Boston (Nieuw Amsterdam to 3/5) and NorseH20 and dchip (Zuiderdam to 4/3) at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 16

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  A big salute to all caregivers - it’s not an easy task.  Love “I want you to be happy day”.  There are so many little things we can do to make others smile.

77931630-ADAF-4E19-8EFF-78D5677B29CD.jpeg.c4fd36bbfb075c909cb2dec04e85fd4f.jpeg

OMG on if Pets Had Thumbs Day.  I’m glad they don’t.  I can envision kitchen cupboard doors being opened, food being opened, etc.  I suspect if dogs had thumbs, they would be like this:

88918361-A46A-4FD8-B435-0319472BA9D2.png.6635175cf11fd578e544fe44171d5b59.png

And, if cats had thumbs - you know what you would get.

D28D04A4-B1FD-476D-B077-AAB90DF104A1.thumb.jpeg.2954e8ba873998aa82fec93d9e77f1d2.jpeg

Love the Mother Theresa quote.  No pressure cooker so I’ll pass on the meal.  I suspect a number of us have had the Danzante Pinot onboard a BHB. 😉   

I ended up jumping through more hoops yesterday.  Got a call that Jose was being moved to a different unit.  Thankfully the little 💡 went off in my brain and I asked if they were also under covid outbreak.  Yup.  😡 Asked if my privileges will be extended to that unit.  Need to talk to their Nurse Manager.  Fortunately, I connected with her and after a brief conversation she has agreed to the same arrangement, thankfully.

As of last night, they didn’t know his room so I will have to call before I go to see if it has happened or not and arrange to get his phone and tv changed (again).  I might need to wear these gloves on the drive in if I’m still in limbo with more stupid snow in the forecast:

7A0128BA-FDF1-44C3-A487-24D020D1C287.jpeg.8005ccc353adeb51073e7bfe7c5b80ec.jpeg

@msmayor hopefully that little bundle of joy will come soon 🤞 I bet you will be spoiling the little one 😉 

D976B2D0-B29F-40E2-87B9-EE8D0E7C0248.jpeg.86238f83fb0756ad1a57ee26e1f91117.jpeg

Such sad news on the Ukraine - so many refugees, so many killed, so many suffering.  It’s absolutely heartbreaking 💔 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday, everyone !!!!!!

F41BAD8A-A66C-4509-9906-5E046394A50E.thumb.jpeg.c0b340971f17cfcd3319fc21946ea44c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

DF1B15E9-83B2-4AC9-B996-86267E46CFEA.jpeg.3df4a56a18352a1d976cb6e305ba23c5.jpeg

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Caregivers are so important and I wish they all received the support they deserve daily. I wish everyone happiness. If pets had thumbs, especially dogs, I can only imagine how much more mischief they would get into. 😁

Between a busy day yesterday and CC not being nice to me I was unable to post or like.

Today is my twin daughters' 25th birthday. We will be celebrating at a local Japanese restaurant.

Off to pick up our car from getting new tires so I will check back later.

Wishing everyone a happy day. 😃

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 32

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Another coolish, but lovely start to the day. Off to an early Tai Chi class. Very different from other classes I have taken. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites. 

The morning series continues…

61761167-7209-4D09-B26A-41EA46A7E02F.jpeg.75d8f9601e4ad0059b9abad925dac351.jpeg

4CCB090D-9397-4C1B-9A60-43B1E3966219.jpeg.cd179a630557691031b63755fb09a90e.jpeg

45B2DBA7-9DFF-493E-B458-D5CE0C6C6F65.jpeg.468aa48c17bb1cec914f9afd3c2c6b89.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Danzante Pinot Grigio

This Italian wine’s 2017 vintage has excellent ratings. I have not found too much info about the 2018 vintage. But it is available online from several distributors with prices starting at $8.57.

WINEMAKER'S NOTES

A bouquet of fruity and citrus notes of citron are accompanied by fine floral accents. The nose possesses both the crisp qualities of green apples and the sweetness of ripe apricots. In the mouth, rich and persistent notes of ripe summer fruits lead the way for lingering and fresh citrusy finish.

VINEYARDS & GRAPES

A relative of Pinot Noir, the white wine Pinot Grigio gets its name from the color of its grape, a grayish purple ("Grigio" means grey in Italian). The variety was first planted in Burgundy during the Middle Ages, then in other areas of France and Hungary during the time of Charles IV. Pinot Grigio finally arrived in Italy during the 1800s, and today, the grape is cultivated all over the country. Danzante Pinot Grigio is sourced from Trentino Alto Adige, Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia, the three northeastern regions of Italy collectively known as the Tre Venezie. With its relatively high altitude and cool summers and the warm currents from the Adriatic, this region allows Pinot Grigio to fully express its potential, resulting in a wine that reveals intense perfumes and a silky. 

FERMENTATION & AGING

The grapes were hand-selected at optimum ripeness in September and gently pressed to retain the delicacy in the wine. The juice was then cool-fermented at 20C (68F) for about 15 days, then aged for 4 months to enhance the complexity. To ensure acidity and crispness, malolactic fermentation was not performed. The wine was aged in stainless steel, not oak, as it is designed to be consumed while young and fresh.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  A big salute to all caregivers - it’s not an easy task.  Love “I want you to be happy day”.  There are so many little things we can do to make others smile.

77931630-ADAF-4E19-8EFF-78D5677B29CD.jpeg.c4fd36bbfb075c909cb2dec04e85fd4f.jpeg

OMG on if Pets Had Thumbs Day.  I’m glad they don’t.  I can envision kitchen cupboard doors being opened, food being opened, etc.  I suspect if dogs had thumbs, they would be like this:

88918361-A46A-4FD8-B435-0319472BA9D2.png.6635175cf11fd578e544fe44171d5b59.png

And, if cats had thumbs - you know what you would get.

D28D04A4-B1FD-476D-B077-AAB90DF104A1.thumb.jpeg.2954e8ba873998aa82fec93d9e77f1d2.jpeg

Love the Mother Theresa quote.  No pressure cooker so I’ll pass on the meal.  I suspect a number of us have had the Danzante Pinot onboard a BHB. 😉   

I ended up jumping through more hoops yesterday.  Got a call that Jose was being moved to a different unit.  Thankfully the little 💡 went off in my brain and I asked if they were also under covid outbreak.  Yup.  😡 Asked if my privileges will be extended to that unit.  Need to talk to their Nurse Manager.  Fortunately, I connected with her and after a brief conversation she has agreed to the same arrangement, thankfully.

As of last night, they didn’t know his room so I will have to call before I go to see if it has happened or not and arrange to get his phone and tv changed (again).  I might need to wear these gloves on the drive in if I’m still in limbo with more stupid snow in the forecast:

7A0128BA-FDF1-44C3-A487-24D020D1C287.jpeg.8005ccc353adeb51073e7bfe7c5b80ec.jpeg

@msmayor hopefully that little bundle of joy will come soon 🤞 I bet you will be spoiling the little one 😉 

D976B2D0-B29F-40E2-87B9-EE8D0E7C0248.jpeg.86238f83fb0756ad1a57ee26e1f91117.jpeg

Such sad news on the Ukraine - so many refugees, so many killed, so many suffering.  It’s absolutely heartbreaking 💔 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday, everyone !!!!!!

F41BAD8A-A66C-4509-9906-5E046394A50E.thumb.jpeg.c0b340971f17cfcd3319fc21946ea44c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

DF1B15E9-83B2-4AC9-B996-86267E46CFEA.jpeg.3df4a56a18352a1d976cb6e305ba23c5.jpeg

Jacqui, It is so good to know that you will have the same arrangement to visit Jose in the new unit.  I can imagine that the news that he was being moved made you very nervous.  It would do that to me.

I pray that he starts to improve and may return home in the near future.

Stay strong.

Terri

• Like 26

cat_meme.jpg

Good Morning!  Cats with thumbs, well mine would open all the cat food cans, sniff and then go open another one.  I also imagine the two girls trying to hitchhike to the coast.  

Yesterday was so nice I opened the front windows, and two of the male cats each got in one, and the third stayed in his cat nest ,  over seeing the other two-so cute.  Today is supposed to be even warmer.

I know that we say that if March came in like a lion, it would leave as a lamb, but if March comes in as a lamb, will it leave as a lion?  In the south, I would rather have a day of snow than a week of tornados.

I really liked the quote.  It seems that i have been suffering from judging too much and not loving my fellow humans enough.  When we had to isolate  during the first year of covid, I found that I actually liked being at home.  I watched Springwatch on Britbox, and I started feeding the birds.  I now have 8 feeders.  My job each day was to put the food out, make sure that there was water in the bird bath, and watering plants.  And humans were the last thing I wanted to be around.    The more I isolated, the more I enjoyed it, and this really isn't the way that humans should be.  We need each other, we need to share our thoughts and feelings, even if its just to make ourselves feel better.

The phrase of Namaste means seeing the God in you.  I find that at the Daily, but was afraid that I didn't want to find it face to face with other people.  It would make me work on improving me.  Well, I think it's time that I started with some self searching, and am going to try being out in the world more, even if it's just once a week.

I've been sober for a little over 31 years, but stopped going to meetings about 20 years ago, and today I am going to go back.  I don't really have any secret on sobriety, I haven't done wonderful things, saved the world, furthered my education, I just need to try to be around people again.  In real time.  So wish me luck today. 

f59b5cc4cc32d2acebd60b17ab9780ce.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

Good morning.  Having been a caregiver to my MIL I know how much appreciation should be given.  They do a needed and hard job.  I try to be happy everyday, tho it's hard some days.  And I shudder to think what life would be like if our pets had thumbs.  Mother Teresa was such a wonderful person.  I met the doctor who was her cardiologist.  

The meal looks wonderful @dfish, have printed out the recipe for dinner tonight.

Have not been to today's destination.

@msmayorhopefully the baby watch will end soon.  New bundle to hug.

@kazu, Jacqui, continued prayers that Jose comes home and the hospital hoops end.

@JAM37, Happy Birthday to your twins.

Prayers for all of us, and toasts to our celebrations.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Home Team Mojito:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps
1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/2 part Simple Syrup
1/2 part Lime Juice
1 part Soda Water
14 sprigs Mint, Fresh
Carbonated Water

Instructions
Muddle mint leaves with lime juice and simple syrup. Top with rum, DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple, and carbonated water.

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 8.22.08 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning Everyone from a sunny and bright day at the beach

A big salute to all caregivers, it is not an easy task. But the rewards are many.  My DD is physically and mentally disabled since birth, She is the light of our lifes, teaching us what is really important. I dont sweat the small stuff. It is difficult at times but between DH and myself we do just fine. 

Have not been to todays port. Seems I have been saying that a lot lately.  We dont ave cruises planned until the fall. Have 3 family weddings this spring that require travel.

My friend who broke her wrist is having surgery this AM. It was a really nasty break. She also broke her finger with the fall. I picked up all her lists for the tournament from her last nite. She was hoping that once she was casted, she could at least help a little. But she will be out for awhile.  

@JAM37 A very Happy Birthday to your daughters.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends!  It was 45F this morning so we trekked over to the gym, did our weights and walked back.   Exercise DONE!  Today will be sunny and about 78F which is excellent news.  No doubt we'll be freezing again within days.

Thanks for pointing out the location of our ships Rich @richwmn.  Much appreciation to Roy @rafinmdfor the newly updated Care and Celebration lists.  I made sure to say my prayers this morning.  We are all so worried about Ukraine and hope things go their way very soon.  God bless them and those who are helping them.  Prayers also said for our Daily friends and family.  I got a lot of news on Jen last night.  The ENT doc says her eardrums are both healed so he isn't sure why she still can't hear on the left side.  No signs of infection there.  He will do hearing tests when she is discharged.  They can't figure out why she still has a low grade fever.  The hospital physician says they will do a CT scan of her back and hips to search for a source for her pain, but they are backed up in that area so not sure exactly when that will happen.  And the speech language pathologist was in because communication has gotten worse.  Jen is having difficulty processing other's speech as well as speaking.  I hope for better news each day.  Thanks for your prayers everyone.

What a great group to appreciate - caregivers!  Where would this world be without you?  I can't imagine what would go on if pets had thumbs.  I want you to be happy day is such a nice thought.  The Mother Teresa quote is very true.  I think I'll pass on the risotto.  The wine sounds good.  The port of Walvis Bay, Namibia was first posted on May 11.  We have not been there.  Looking forward to any pictures posted today.  

@JAM37Julia, happy birthday to your twinsies!  When they were growing up did everyone call them "the twins"?  That's all we heard when my twin and I were growing up, especially from cousins and aunts and uncles which we had a lot of.

@msmayorConnie fingers crossed the baby decides it wants to come into the world soon.  It could happen momentarily you know.  I went to the doctor one Monday morning before my son was born.  Doctor said "I will be out of town until Thursday but I don't believe you're ready yet so no problem.  My partner will be here at any rate".  The next morning I was in the hospital delivering my baby boy.  And I found out I adored the partner OB-GYN so continued to see him for visits afterwards.  So see?  What do doctors know?😄

@kazuJacqui thanks for the memes today.  I might have to share one or two of them.  Good luck with your visit to Jose in the new unit.  And I'm sure he would want to thank you for being such a great caregiver to him. ❤️ 

Have a wonderful day today, everyone!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

cat_meme.jpg

Good Morning!  Cats with thumbs, well mine would open all the cat food cans, sniff and then go open another one.  I also imagine the two girls trying to hitchhike to the coast.  

Yesterday was so nice I opened the front windows, and two of the male cats each got in one, and the third stayed in his cat nest ,  over seeing the other two-so cute.  Today is supposed to be even warmer.

I know that we say that if March came in like a lion, it would leave as a lamb, but if March comes in as a lamb, will it leave as a lion?  In the south, I would rather have a day of snow than a week of tornados.

I really liked the quote.  It seems that i have been suffering from judging too much and not loving my fellow humans enough.  When we had to isolate  during the first year of covid, I found that I actually liked being at home.  I watched Springwatch on Britbox, and I started feeding the birds.  I now have 8 feeders.  My job each day was to put the food out, make sure that there was water in the bird bath, and watering plants.  And humans were the last thing I wanted to be around.    The more I isolated, the more I enjoyed it, and this really isn't the way that humans should be.  We need each other, we need to share our thoughts and feelings, even if its just to make ourselves feel better.

The phrase of Namaste means seeing the God in you.  I find that at the Daily, but was afraid that I didn't want to find it face to face with other people.  It would make me work on improving me.  Well, I think it's time that I started with some self searching, and am going to try being out in the world more, even if it's just once a week.

I've been sober for a little over 31 years, but stopped going to meetings about 20 years ago, and today I am going to go back.  I don't really have any secret on sobriety, I haven't done wonderful things, saved the world, furthered my education, I just need to try to be around people again.  In real time.  So wish me luck today. 

f59b5cc4cc32d2acebd60b17ab9780ce.jpg

Good luck at your meeting today Ann!  I hope you meet some new nice people there today.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from St. Thomas.

Thank you for the daily and the care and  update lists.

Caregiving is in a break period for me.  I did a lot of that for my Dad even though living 4 states away. I would order his meds and relieve his caregivers for a week a couple of times a year. My DH went quickly and slowly but no caregiving on my part other than handling that  his end of life wishes were met. He went in the hospital on 4/1/15 into hospice 4/13 and passed on 4/26.   Some kind of meningitis. I really had no meaningful communication once he was disoriented and I took him to the ER.  My cats caused enough mischief without thumbs.  The quote is so true.  Live in the moment and find happiness in it. 

I have had too many tasteless pressure cooker meals cooked by my mom so I don't have one. Mint is a sure case of heartburn.  I love wines from Venezia.   Africa is on my to do list now that I found out HA does a round trip from FL and I won't have to fly.

We had a nice tour of Nevis bookended by a water taxi ride of 45 minutes. Windows so foggy we couldn't enjoy the ride. We had a personable and enthusiastic driver/tour narrator.  I had been there twice before and it was nice to get into the warm sea at Pinney's Beach.  Another wonderful dinner on our balcony.   Lemon sole, chili relleno and pork belly with pineapple. Clothes are shrinking.  

Prayers for Jacqui and Jose, Tana, all on Roy's care list. Prayers for the refugees and those remaining in Ukraine that Russia will face defeat.   🙏🙏🙏

IMG_20220302_175607694.jpg

IMG_20220302_125818049_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220302_150820246_HDR.jpg

4050.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3