Shore side Concierge.

Husky61

For the last three days I have trying to contact someone with Celebrity about the shore side concierge for my March 13, 2022 sailing on the Equinox. After two days I finally was able to speak with a person at the Captain’s Club who said he never heard of the shore side concierge. I have sent emails, left messages and no luck. Do any of you experienced cruisers who are familiar with the shore side concierge have any suggestions? We are booked in a Royal Suite,

Thanks

6 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

Is the shore side concierge for any suite level? What types of advance services do they provide and do they have worth once on the ship or does that switch to your Room Steward? New suite users

The CS and above will get a personal call from Concierge as well as an E-Mail.  SS may get either and e-mail or sometimes a call.    I personally have found that with the exception of making a reservation for a Special Day that anything you request may or may not be passed on and I usually have to ask the Butler or the room attendant for items that were not taken care of.   I've gotten to the point of "Why Bother".  

Sometimes ll my requests are passed to the ship and everything is perfect -  just saying it depends on the luck of the draw on who the Concierge is for your ship.   My request are really minimal - special pillow requests, swap Bubbly to Chardonnay, Bar choices if in a RS or above and an Extension Cord.  Occasionally we request a Specialty Dining reservation for the first night.

I’ve booked a Sky Suite on the Edge TA in Oct ‘22, first time going Retreat. Can someone explain what the shoreside concierge can provide? I’ll be out of the Rome seaport (hate to try to spell that city!). 

Thanks in advance. 

Den

58 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

have you tried this #?

1-877-RETREAT (738-7328)

Also, check your junk folder.  Our 1st email from the Concierge ended up there.

Thanks very much.  I was able to speak with a person who notified the concierge for the Equinox who is suppose to contact me this afternoon. Great info from you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I’ve booked a Sky Suite on the Edge TA in Oct ‘22, first time going Retreat. Can someone explain what the shoreside concierge can provide? I’ll be out of the Rome seaport (hate to try to spell that city!). 

Thanks in advance. 

Den

Hi Den - I can share my personal experience regarding the shore side concierge and Sky Suites.

DH & I are sailing in our first Sky Suite on Edge in ~3 weeks. Yesterday I had a suite related question, so called the 877-RETREAT number. About the 3rd round of automated prompts was press 1 if you are in a Sky Suite, so I did. I was transferred to Reservations. Chuckled, then hung up. Kay

• Haha 1

For our last 3 SS we were only contacted once and that was a email.  Basically a form with questions like what type of pillow (choose), do you want extra hangers,

dietary restrictions a few other general items.  None of what we asked for was in communicated to the ship.  Our cabin attendant took care of the things we had asked for which were  1firm pillow, 12 metal hangers.  

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I have already been contacted by the shore concierge and she took all of our requests. Thanks to chezmarylo for this number, 1-877-RETREAT (738-7328). It really worked.

• Like 2

To support Jim's earlier comment 6 posts back, I'm communicating with the Shoreside Concierge now regarding a booking we have in a couple weeks.  I've requested specialty dining reservations for 3 nights which she did right away and they are showing up in my calendar on the app.  I also discussed our in room bar set up, mixer, water and beer requests as well as some pillow requests.  After confirming our dining reservations, she said "the remaining requests have all been forwarded to the ship" so we'll see if those are fulfilled, or if we'll end up asking the butler to take care of them.  Doesn't really matter as I'm sure they will be done right away if we end up discussing them onboard.

12 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

To support Jim's earlier comment 6 posts back, I'm communicating with the Shoreside Concierge now regarding a booking we have in a couple weeks.  I've requested specialty dining reservations for 3 nights which she did right away and they are showing up in my calendar on the app.  I also discussed our in room bar set up, mixer, water and beer requests as well as some pillow requests.  After confirming our dining reservations, she said "the remaining requests have all been forwarded to the ship" so we'll see if those are fulfilled, or if we'll end up asking the butler to take care of them.  Doesn't really matter as I'm sure they will be done right away if we end up discussing them onboard.

Glad you got all the reservations you wanted.  

I was surprised when mine called me and said I noticed from your profile that you usually request xx pillows, Sparkling changed to Chardonnay and Grey Goose and Bud for the bar setup, would you like me to put those in for you.   Geeze are we that predictable   

She was really efficient and also confirmed a couple restaurant reservation requests. I think they are working from home as I heard a dog barking in the background.

• Like 1

We have had good success in being contacted by a shoreside concierge, even when we are in Sky Suites.  However, we are at the Zenith level of the Captain's Club.  That being said, we have had less success in actually having those requests fulfilled.  We don't make restaurant reservations in advance, and our requests generally are regarding pillow preferences and having wine changed out.  Not a big issue as our stateroom attendant and butler deal with them.

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

For our last 3 SS we were only contacted once and that was a email.  Basically a form with questions like what type of pillow (choose), do you want extra hangers,

dietary restrictions a few other general items.  None of what we asked for was in communicated to the ship.  Our cabin attendant took care of the things we had asked for which were  1firm pillow, 12 metal hangers.  

Same with us.  Very disappointing.

40 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

We had very poor results from the shoreside concierge but our cabin steward took care of everything very quickly. 

Shoreside concierge is really useless.  Please, please I am hoping we are wrong.  We are in CS this time.  

We always have a draft email ready about three weeks before we cruise. When the shoreside concierge phones us we discuss items on our draft and then email it to them. Far too easy for items to be forgotten or dining times/venues to get mixed if you just have a phone call and have nothing written down. This is especially true if you are planning on using the speciality restaurants most evenings. We tend to simply copy and modify our last cruise email as most of our requests stay the same. Three categories…Room set up, Bar set up, Dining requests. Occasionally we add an extra category if we are celebrating a special occasion. For example, last cruise our son’s GF cruised with us for the first time and we requested a ‘welcome aboard’ cake for her on arrival.

On our last 4/5 cruises our email has been forwarded to the on board concierge and the butler. On boarding everything has been in place including some quite complicated dining instructions.

We do always take two written copies of our email on board with us. One for the butler just in case he hasn’t received our communication and one for us so we can check in the morning where and when we have planned to dine!

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Glad you got all the reservations you wanted.  

I was surprised when mine called me and said I noticed from your profile that you usually request xx pillows, Sparkling changed to Chardonnay and Grey Goose and Bud for the bar setup, would you like me to put those in for you.   Geeze are we that predictable   

She was really efficient and also confirmed a couple restaurant reservation requests. I think they are working from home as I heard a dog barking in the background.

We had a similar experience last cruise. Not only did they mention the drinks we had previously ordered they asked if we wanted a kettle and tea tray set up again so they are obviously keeping either notes or previous emails. Good idea. 

19 hours ago, chemmo said:

We always have a draft email ready about three weeks before we cruise. When the shoreside concierge phones us we discuss items on our draft and then email it to them. Far too easy for items to be forgotten or dining times/venues to get mixed if you just have a phone call and have nothing written down. This is especially true if you are planning on using the speciality restaurants most evenings. We tend to simply copy and modify our last cruise email as most of our requests stay the same. Three categories…Room set up, Bar set up, Dining requests. Occasionally we add an extra category if we are celebrating a special occasion. For example, last cruise our son’s GF cruised with us for the first time and we requested a ‘welcome aboard’ cake for her on arrival.

On our last 4/5 cruises our email has been forwarded to the on board concierge and the butler. On boarding everything has been in place including some quite complicated dining instructions.

We do always take two written copies of our email on board with us. One for the butler just in case he hasn’t received our communication and one for us so we can check in the morning where and when we have planned to dine!

We had a similar experience last cruise. Not only did they mention the drinks we had previously ordered they asked if we wanted a kettle and tea tray set up again so they are obviously keeping either notes or previous emails. Good idea. 

May I ask what type of cabin you booked?  I am guessing the Royal Suite??  Just curious.

6 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

May I ask what type of cabin you booked?  I am guessing the Royal Suite??  Just curious.

We book either RS or PH.

Not quite as decadent as it sounds…We started booking RS as our son got older. Rather than book him a separate cabin we booked a RS on S class (two sleeping areas, one and a half bathrooms plus generous family space during the day plus lots of perks). Last cruise his GF came too (her first cruise). Again we looked at all options and booked the PH. It worked fantastically well, so much so we have two further family  PH cruises booked!