Upgrade to mini

mel8kri

2 minutes ago, julia said:

Ok... it's been ages since we've sailed Princess in a minisuite.  Please refresh my memory on the  champagne....  what do you get?

Each person in the cabin gets a welcome glass of champagne delivered to your room by your cabin steward. I do mix my glass with some OJ.

16 hours ago, mel8kri said:

I can upgrade from a deluxe balcony on Caribe deck to a mini on Dolphin  deck for $20 a person on the 14 day emerald in April. What do I gain in the mini. Many princess cruises but first one on a balcony.

Just want to confirm--- that was $20 per person total, not $20 per person per day.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mel8kri said:

I can upgrade from a deluxe balcony on Caribe deck to a mini on Dolphin  deck for $20 a person on the 14 day emerald in April. What do I gain in the mini. Many princess cruises but first one on a balcony.

Which cruise?  There is a big price difference between balconys and minis on the April 2 cruise

13 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

This is the true downside of a mini-suite!  As the song goes, "How Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree?)"

For our upcoming, my dear wife insisted that we go to a Club Class.  At least she was not enthralled with the one suite we tried.

We've been in every category cabin...except suites (mostly insides 'cuz we're "cheap"). Usually get the insides on Aloha deck near the "back door" to our shared balcony with the Terrace pool. 😉

Next cruise will be our first suite...uh oh. We may have to take fewer cruises each year to afford that new experience.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have been offered an upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite. This is a 10 day voyage on the Ruby.  The upsell is 399 USD per person.

The total would be about $900 less than booking a mini suite directly based on the current fares.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ghgeckos said:

I love the mini-suites, you get a bathroom with a full sized tub/shower and a large sitting area with a couch. For longer trips it is wonderful to have the added space. 

And, once you've been in a mini-suite, it is very difficult to go back to a smaller sized cabin!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

And, once you've been in a mini-suite, it is very difficult to go back to a smaller sized cabin!

depending on how you can handle a shower/tub combo ...

I'll take the deluxe / premium deluxe balconys

• Like 1