JamieLogical's March 19 Summit Sailing

JamieLogical

I am fairly certain that my Rebound Patches are not coming. I just got an refund issued by Walmart and I received a VERY confusing email from the seller in response to my latest question to them about whether the patches had shipped. Can anyone make any sense of this?

hI jAMIE. sO BASICALLLY OUR CEO, rAY, FELLL GRAVEY ILL AND WASDIN A HOSPITAL PAST MONTH. sO WE REALLY APOLOGIZE ABOUT THIS DELA AND MISSINTG ORDER. we wqill refund this orderto yu. If yhu can wait a fgew das Ray willll be 100 back in actioon' but

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am fairly certain that my Rebound Patches are not coming. I just got an refund issued by Walmart and I received a VERY confusing email from the seller in response to my latest question to them about whether the patches had shipped. Can anyone make any sense of this?

hI jAMIE. sO BASICALLLY OUR CEO, rAY, FELLL GRAVEY ILL AND WASDIN A HOSPITAL PAST MONTH. sO WE REALLY APOLOGIZE ABOUT THIS DELA AND MISSINTG ORDER. we wqill refund this orderto yu. If yhu can wait a fgew das Ray willll be 100 back in actioon' but

That sounds like a ransom note or phishing attempt.  LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

No update yet on my Rebound Patches. If the seller really did ship them via Priority Mail yesterday, I did not receive any notification.

Jamie - Amazon has the 30 pack Rebound back in stock.  I just ordered 1 package for $16.99.

Hurry!! 

11 minutes ago, twoflyers said:

Jamie - Amazon has the 30 pack Rebound back in stock.  I just ordered 1 package for $16.99.

Hurry!! 

They are showing a delivery date of March 23. Still too late for me. I did still go ahead and order some for use after I get back from my cruise.

Edited by JamieLogical

Just now, JamieLogical said:

They are showing a delivery date of March 23. Still too late for me.

Sorry - was so surprised to see them in stock, I didn't look at the delivery date.  Our cruise leaves on the 26th, so it works.  Hope you are able to get some before departure.

Never tried them before and don't usually have a hangover issue, but I thought "maybe I'll go for that 2nd Zacapa Old Fashioned"!  😁

Have a great cruise - I'm looking forward to your review.

24 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I just now received an email from Walmart saying my order has been delayed and will be delivered March 24, so too late for my cruise. But I was also issued a refund, so I guess I am now getting the patches for free?

Happened  to us this year with holiday ornaments from a Walmart vendor.   Many of these vendors  are not quite English speaking, stuff is from China,  and they  keep trying to keep you on the hook.   They have no clue where the shipment is delayed .  Ours arrived a month after it had been cancelled and fully  refunded. Had same issue with face masks at beginning of Covid. 

With Walmart, best bet is to buy from Walmart..not third party " trusted" vendor

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Happened  to us this year with holiday ornaments from a Walmart vendor.   Many of these vendors  are not quite English speaking, stuff is from China,  and they  keep trying to keep you on the hook.   They have no clue where the shipment is delayed .  Ours arrived a month after it had been cancelled and fully  refunded. Had same issue with face masks at beginning of Covid. 

With Walmart, best bet is to buy from Walmart..not third party " trusted" vendor

Yeah, I have only ordered from Walmart a handful of times in desperate situations. I've had Amazon Prime for eternity and have gotten spoiled by quick deliveries and easy returns.

I am loving this pre-review but can't wait to sink my teeth into your upcoming Panama Canal cruise review and musings.  I am shopping for a Winter 2024 PC trip so I can't wait to glean some great info from you regarding that itinerary!

1 minute ago, iluvthe-c said:

I am loving this pre-review but can't wait to sink my teeth into your upcoming Panama Canal cruise review and musings.  I am shopping for a Winter 2024 PC trip so I can't wait to glean some great info from you regarding that itinerary!

My advice is to book early! Prices for our PC sailing have only gone up since we booked.

I'm trying.  Going to watch over the next few weeks for more itinerary releases.  Right now for Jan or Feb 2024 there are only 10 options for my chosen 4 lines (NCL, RCCL, X, Princess).  I need to expand the scope to encompass HAL and maybe Carnival too.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

My husband just very unhelpfully pointed out to me that there was a time when we lived/cruised without Rebound Patches....

Do you use them in the morning or after dinner?

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

Do you use them in the morning or after dinner?

On cruises, I put them on in the morning after my shower, since you can wear them for up to 24 hours and I have a tendency to drink throughout the day. In my real life. I will put one on if I know that I am going to have more than two drinks in an evening... I won't mention how frequently that is....

9 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

On cruises, I put them on in the morning after my shower, since you can wear them for up to 24 hours and I have a tendency to drink throughout the day. In my real life. I will put one on if I know that I am going to have more than two drinks in an evening... I won't mention how frequently that is....

Thanks.

Just a quick update on my cruise prep progress. Got my cruise laundry done last night, but did not complete my vacuuming, so I will need to finish that up tonight after grocery shopping. I also got my new card holders for my lanyards, so that's a little progress at least. And, we ended up placing a Walgreens order via DoorDash last night, so I was able to get some of the travel toiletries I needed. Really down to the wire with just tonight and tomorrow night to get everything done!

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Just a quick update on my cruise prep progress. Got my cruise laundry done last night, but did not complete my vacuuming, so I will need to finish that up tonight after grocery shopping. I also got my new card holders for my lanyards, so that's a little progress at least. And, we ended up placing a Walgreens order via DoorDash last night, so I was able to get some of the travel toiletries I needed. Really down to the wire with just tonight and tomorrow night to get everything done!

Skip the vacuuming, the dust bunnies will still be there when you get back..use the time to prep for your holiday! Hope you have a great time and manage without the patches 🤷‍♀️🥂 Looking forward to the onboard review. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Skip the vacuuming, the dust bunnies will still be there when you get back..use the time to prep for your holiday! Hope you have a great time and manage without the patches 🤷‍♀️🥂 Looking forward to the onboard review. 

I wish I could! But my husband is having a lot of our friends over while I am away (remember, we have both been isolating for almost 2 weeks), so I can't leave the house a disaster.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I was able to make good progress on my cruise prep. I went to the grocery store, finished the vacuuming, and did some other small tasks. I received my non-Rebound hangover patches. They are called "Happy Hour". The patches themselves look exactly the same. Hopefully they will work! I also received some Liquid IV that I ordered at @PTC DAWG's suggestion. Bringing those as backup in case I start feeling crappy.

The other thing I received yesterday was a collapsible foot rest. I had posted on my Equinox review about how I asked the room steward for foot rests for our balcony and received them and that sparked a conversation where someone mentioned packing inflatable beach balls to use as foot rests. On my Summit sailing last November, my room steward was unable to procure me a foot rest so, while the beach ball idea specifically didn't appeal to me, the idea of just bringing my own foot rest did. So I did some poking around on Amazon and decided to order this:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Y9CPV84?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

image.png.32c6bba2d90bbc0dfb85a165e3d0db77.png

It is quite small. I can't imagine using it as a stool, as suggested, but it does make a great foot rest and I think it will fit in my carry-on roller bag just fine without taking up any appreciable space.

Today is a big day. I am in meetings for work from 9:00 until 4:00 with only a quick lunch break during which I plan to go get my COVID test. Then tonight it's packing!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

In honor of today....

"May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face"

Have a Great Cruise

A friend of mine has a family toast that he gives, that he gave to DW and I at our rehearsal dinner, and that I've since appropriated:

May the road rise up to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the Sun shine warmly upon your face,

And may you spend more days in love than you do in debt.

• Like 2

That foot stool is brilliant! 

Hubby and I just got our negative COVID tests so I'm breathing a sigh of relief... (I had COVID test anxiety dreams last night 😂) Less than 48 hours until we're on the boat!! 🙌

• Like 1

I will be following along as you finish precruise stuff and then I will follow along as you cruise. I ordered the rebound patches from Walmart. My cruise is not until May so should be good to go. 

My daughter bartended over the weekend at Shamrock Jack's.

Laura

Just ordered the rebound patches for our April 2nd cruise.  Do you normally just use 1 patch?  I see you put them on after your shower, do you wear it on your wrist or shoulder or someplace else?  Never tried them so just curious.  Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, JustinAllen said:

Just ordered the rebound patches for our April 2nd cruise.  Do you normally just use 1 patch?  I see you put them on after your shower, do you wear it on your wrist or shoulder or someplace else?  Never tried them so just curious.  Thanks!!

I wear them on my upper arm/shoulder and I only use one at a time, though I believe the instructions say you can wear two.