Where do we show proof of negative antigen test when traveling to the Netherlands?

My husband and I are looking forward to a June cruise out of Amsterdam.  We plan to take a proctored antigen test 24 hours in advance.  Do we show the test results before boarding the plane in the U.S?  At customs at Schiphol?   Does the 24 hour clock end at  the time we board the plane to Amsterdam (eg.  If we have a 5 p.m. flight, we can take the test at 6 p.m. the previous day)?  Or does the 24 hours expire once we are in country (eg. We arrive in Amsterdam at 10 a.m.; we can test no later than 18 hours in advance of arrival to account for the time change?)  The cruise is three months away and I am already stressing out over this!  Thanks in advance for your help.

I get that you’re anxious, but there is absolutely no reason to stress about what entry requirements might be in place 3 months from now. With the rate at which entry requirements are changing, 3 months basically equals 3 centuries. For up to date information about entry requirements, see here; https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry

Currently (but subject to change!!!) the following rules apply with regards to the validity of the tests;

• The test used for a NAAT (PCR) test result must be a molecular NAAT (PCR) test (either PCR, RT PCR, LAMP, TMA or mPOCT) based on a sample collected no more than 48 hours before departure in the foreign country. 
    • For a rapid test result the test must be a rapid test conducted up to 24 hours before departure. Usually this is an antigen test but it can also be a NAAT (PCR) test.”
Edited by Dutch_Travelgirl

12 hours ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

get that you’re anxious, but there is absolutely no reason to stress about what entry requirements might be in place 3 months from now

This, a thousand times this! On the thread about entry to England, someone was puzzled because something posted here two weeks ago was different to the official guidance….which had changed last week, and of course was definitive. 

Bookmark the link Dutch_Travelgirl has thoughtfully provided and don’t worry about the exact details for a couple of months. Easier said than done, I know, but millions of people are back travelling (including myself) and navigating these issues every day. 

According to https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/mandatory-negative-test-results-and-declaration/mandatory-when-travelling-from-a-high-risk-country the current test requirement includes an antigen test taken within 24 hours of departure. Departure is presumably the departure of the flight leg that lands in the Netherlands.

You may want to bookmark https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry and check it periodically.

@brobertsDid you perhaps my reply #1? The link you tell the OP to bookmark is the exact same link I already provided. And I also copy-pasted the current test requirements there. 
But most importantly, I stressed that 3 months is centuries away in terms of COVID. Entry requirements can and most likely will change before June. 

If you are flying in from the usa, the airline will verify and check your travel docs, including

any tests/vaccination requirements.  The time period 24/48 hrs is from your departure airport local

time.  American uses an app called verifly, and I think United uses Travelready program

14 hours ago, flcruiselovers said:

If you are flying in from the usa, the airline will verify and check your travel docs, including

any tests/vaccination requirements.  The time period 24/48 hrs is from your departure airport local

time.  American uses an app called verifly, and I think United uses Travelready program

Thanks.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 6:35 PM, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

I get that you’re anxious, but there is absolutely no reason to stress about what entry requirements might be in place 3 months from now. With the rate at which entry requirements are changing, 3 months basically equals 3 centuries.

And here is why I wrote this comment; starting Wednesday March 23, the test requirement for entry into the Netherlands is dropped;

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/tackling-new-coronavirus-in-the-netherlands/measures-announced

Non EU nationals arriving into the Netherlands from outside the EU/Schengen for tourism purposes must be fully vaccinated or recently recovered in order to be allowed to enter the Netherlands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

And here is why I wrote this comment; starting Wednesday March 23, the test requirement for entry into the Netherlands is dropped;

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/tackling-new-coronavirus-in-the-netherlands/measures-announced

Non EU nationals arriving into the Netherlands from outside the EU/Schengen for tourism purposes must be fully vaccinated or recently recovered in order to be allowed to enter the Netherlands.

Thanks so much for the information!

We will travel to Amsterdam and spend two days in the city before boarding the ship.  We will need to test in Amsterdam.  Is there a place anyone can recommend or should we do the proctored Celebrity test via the computer?

On 4/4/2022 at 9:39 PM, cunn9004 said:

We will travel to Amsterdam and spend two days in the city before boarding the ship.  We will need to test in Amsterdam.  Is there a place anyone can recommend or should we do the proctored Celebrity test via the computer?

Depending on the number of eMed tests you buy this might be cheaper: https://spoedtest.nl/en/

€39,95 = appr. $43