Allure “LIVE” 3/5-3/13 - The allure of the Allure

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

As part of the Back to the future, in addition to plastic straws, we have these. 

5EBCF7A6-67B1-4C4A-8FD5-32CE483A7ABE.thumb.jpeg.5482a003b5ea300daebf60d8d76cbacc.jpeg

So much better than the water in a can. 

I liked the cans with the screw tops that they had in January.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Unless I've misunderstood, posts on the Wonder live threads seem to suggest that every cabin has one of these. That's a pretty big improvement to my mind.

That is what I read, so that would be a good thing.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Hi Mark,

you referenced "Especially when they have these modern phone charging ports in the cabin"

Is that also displaying a digital clock with an alarm?

I like to bring one along so I can see the time during the night if I wake up.

Thanks! 

When I travel, I use an iPhone app called "The Clocks" (not to be confused with Apples built in "Clock") that gives me a clock face the size of my phone, with screen brightness that can be turned down pretty low, and stays on all night.  I prop up my phone in landscape orientation on a night stand and find that it's better than any hotel clock.  There are a lot of similar apps available but I like the simplicity of "The Clocks".  I'm also sure that the time is right, so long as your phone properly changes/does not change time zones...a potential problem when cruising.  That's not the case for hotels/cruise ships.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

When I travel, I use an iPhone app called "The Clocks" (not to be confused with Apples built in "Clock") that gives me a clock face the size of my phone, with screen brightness that can be turned down pretty low, and stays on all night.  I prop up my phone in landscape orientation on a night stand and find that it's better than any hotel clock.  There are a lot of similar apps available but I like the simplicity of "The Clocks".  I'm also sure that the time is right, so long as your phone properly changes/does not change time zones...a potential problem when cruising.  That's not the case for hotels/cruise ships.

Great thanks for the tip. I just downloaded nice app. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

When I travel, I use an iPhone app called "The Clocks" (not to be confused with Apples built in "Clock") that gives me a clock face

I have one of those that I used on my iPad.  If I used it now, my wife would just cover it, because she doesn’t want to know the time when she wakes up in the middle of the night. 

This is what the app says about the Solarium bar. 

2EACD5C5-94EE-4390-9FDF-1318526F764D.thumb.png.4281eaa85dea6148c0ede222c368e0a5.png

it is 2 hours after it is supposed to open, and it looks like this. 

A7C96666-3802-4657-BC90-752F28B08AA4.thumb.jpeg.02a59cbec1d3a979184dd30aded2e231.jpeg

Servers walk by the hot tub about once per hour. They must have a staffing problem. 

• Thanks 1

I have found that the Sand bar is less busy than the pool bar.  Maybe that is because it is closer to the kiddie pool. 

I did finally get a kraken lava flow.   Tasty

703700C0-B6B4-41A8-81E9-E60558747551.thumb.jpeg.fba96a740f4bb9569ecb847aa36e25c0.jpeg

Day drinking has started.   For some reason, we haven’t used all our drink vouchers the first two days.  I have to work harder today. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2022 at 11:10 AM, h20skibum said:

Breakfast at WJ this morning after 6 miles on the track. 

FB26D969-547F-4295-B1FC-4E7D74E6ADD5.thumb.jpeg.71d145b5138128c44f491c7a4b22fa2d.jpeg

Tried to post a video of the waves today, but the internet is not cooperating. 

AAF0F44F-784F-4836-87C2-4F5865BA536A.gif

Do they still serve you in the Windjammer or is it back to self serve? 

44 minutes ago, stephiek814 said:

Do they still serve you in the Windjammer or is it back to self serve? 

They are still serving you in WJ, and I prefer it that way.  It would not surprise me if this is a permanent change. 

• Like 8

I was surprised with the plastic bottles for water since so many lines have gone with the aluminum ones, which are fine IMO, and more sustainable. 

Dining as been a bit confusing trying to figure out, I’ll admit. We had to wait for a credit so by the time we could book, we only had MyTime Dining. When we looked up reservations they were all around 830PM and later which I’d a bit late for us. Are options for the dining room are to wait around 630PM and after on Deck 3’s restaurant and hopefully we can get in. 

This is what the app says about the Solarium bar. 

2EACD5C5-94EE-4390-9FDF-1318526F764D.thumb.png.4281eaa85dea6148c0ede222c368e0a5.png

it is 2 hours after it is supposed to open, and it looks like this. 

A7C96666-3802-4657-BC90-752F28B08AA4.thumb.jpeg.02a59cbec1d3a979184dd30aded2e231.jpeg

Servers walk by the hot tub about once per hour. They must have a staffing problem. 

There was a woman who worked there when I was aboard... Nakesha... she was great. Very fun personality from Jamaica.

• Like 1

Day drinking has started.   For some reason, we haven’t used all our drink vouchers the first two days.  I have to work harder today. 

I have full faith in your abilities Mark, although visual proof will be appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sergel02 said:

I was surprised with the plastic bottles for water since so many lines have gone with the aluminum ones, which are fine IMO, and more sustainable. 

My guess is that their choice in bottled/canned water is partly about sustainability but probably more about supply chain ability at this point.  They may be taking what they can get.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My guess is that their choice in bottled/canned water is partly about sustainability but probably more about supply chain ability at this point.  They may be taking what they can get.

That’s what I was thinking as well. The Wonder is missing some things I heard because of supply chain issues (bed skirts or something). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

CC has been giving me problems today.  Disappearing posts, photos, etc.   

So now to the important stuff

Dublin Ice Tea

32A7EFA4-15C1-4EAC-9BCE-94A649E0023B.thumb.jpeg.3985871572764952376856fffc07c4df.jpeg

What did you think of the Dublin Iced Tea?  The ingredients look a little scary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What did you think of the Dublin Iced Tea?  The ingredients look a little scary.

I didn’t think it was too bad.  You seemed to taste each of them in layers. 

I told Susan I was going to stop for a Boston Ice tea before dinner, and she said I would be wasted by the time I got there. 

Sounds like a challenge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t think I have seen a menu.  Everything is with a QR code that opens the menu on your phone in the app. 

Well I guess I might be able to access that in my trip planner for my upcoming trip?   I really appreciate you trying.  Tnx.  

• Like 1