Long-standing website problem….any way to contact them?

cruisestitch

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

So you see the same pop-up window and then you can’t go any further, is that correct?

That is correct and like you it's a poison pill and no way to get past it.    I can however use the elevator bar and see everything on the page. (greyed out)

May not be what your looking for but I usually just click Booked Cruises and then the Tab "Past Cruises" to see a full listing of my past cruises

32 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

That’s what I was afraid of but I was hoping that somebody might have a way to communicate with the website people.

Now that I’m home, I guess I will try sending all of this information to LLP’s people in the corporate office.

Jennifer Morales
Senior Director of Celebrity Engagement
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

jennifermorales@celebrity.com

Or...

Chief Executive
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo
President and Chief Executive Officer
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

Edited by davekathy

I just looked at my profile in their phone app.  At the bottom of that page where my Captain's Club # is, I found this:

"Have multiple member numbers you'd like to merge into a single account?  Please, call for assistance."  That number is 001 305 341 0205 (drop the 001 part).  Might also be worth a shot.

As soon as I sign in, the pop-up window appears.

on my iPad, if I don’t sign in, I can navigate the website, look for Cruises, do all the usual things. But as soon as I need to access my account and I sign in, I get stuck.

On the iPhone, I can’t do anything. 

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

As soon as I sign in, the pop-up window appears.

on my iPad, if I don’t sign in, I can navigate the website, look for Cruises, do all the usual things. But as soon as I need to access my account and I sign in, I get stuck.

On the iPhone, I can’t do anything. 

So you can't access the entire website? Not just that one area? That is certainly a bigger problem. 

iPad — 

If I don’t sign in, I can navigate the entire website other than what is specific to me, like “already booked”

If I sign in, I can see my booked cruises and past Cruises as long as I don’t choose “My tier and points” from the welcome drop down menu

if I choose “my tier and points “I get the pop-up window and can do nothing further. Even though it says “try again “all I ever get is the same pop up window.

as Jim_Iain suggested, if I use the elevator bar the underlying images are visible, but grayed out and the entire website in inaccessible until I close it down.

Then I wait a few minutes and re-open it and all is well as long as I don’t touch that dreaded “my tier and points” option.

iPhone 

On my iPhone, however, all I need to do is sign in and the pop-up appears and I am sunk.  I cannot access my booked Cruises or past Cruises or anything else associated with my account.  

Edited by cruisestitch

This is so strange. I have not been able to access my Tiers and Points from the drop down box for at least a couple of weeks. After reading this thread,  I logged in and tried to access my Tiers and Points from the drop down box. As usual, nothing happened. I then clicked on Manage Reservation and got error code and "page no longer available". Same thing happened when I clicked on Settings. So, I closed the window, logged in again and now I am able to access all three. No rhyme or reason.

Edited by CruisinNole

The website is strange. Earlier today I had to log in a second time to access Tiers and Points. And there was a Menu list on the top left which allowed a second way to access things. Now, no second log in and no Menu. And I do think it is the website and not me having an old age moment- it looks and acts different depending on the time of day? 

If you stick a paperclip into the tiny hole on the back of the Celebrity mainframe computer and hold it in for 5 seconds the problem will resolve itself after the server does a cold reboot. 😂😂

I wasn’t helpful was I? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

If you stick a paperclip into the tiny hole on the back of the Celebrity mainframe computer and hold it in for 5 seconds the problem will resolve itself after the server does a cold reboot. 😂😂

I wasn’t helpful was I? 

You must own a Fitbit lol.

• Haha 1

Just checking. This is on iOS devices? iPhone/iPad? Or are you seeing it on Windows devices as well (laptop/desktop)? If it's only iOS, I have an idea that's not obvious but can work. But I'm going to be away from any device for awhile to check the sequence.

If it's also happening on Windows devices, it's almost certainly server side. I'm having no issues, for instance, on either Chrome on Windows 10 or Safari on iPhone 11. What version of iOS are you using? Have you tried downloading Chrome for iOS?

It happens on my iPhone and my iPad and my laptop.  It happens on all the devices provided in the ILounges on four different Celebrity ships.  Three different ILounge staff members gave me their personal iPads and one even let me demonstrate the problem on his personal iphone.  I logged in on them with my name and password and it happened on their devices as well.

So we were on all manner of devices, with Safari, Chrome and whatever else they had available to use to replicate the problem.  

I don’t have an android device to test it on.  

Edited by cruisestitch

That’s almost certainly on the server side then. Most likely the server is trying to contact a resource that’s offline, and THAT’S what’s not connected to the internet. Not you. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Thanks for the encouragement and well-wishes.  

I believe Jim is, but are you Zenith? If you both are, and it's an error accessing your Captains Club points, that's almost too much of a coincidence...

21 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am going on eight months with this problem. I demonstrated it to the I-lounge staff on four different ships who all said that they had never seen it before.  They all communicated with shoreside staff but no one has been able to fix it. It happens on my devices and their devices.  They have even used their personal iPhones and were all able to replicate the problem.

Here is the issue. When I sign on to my Celebrity and go to “My tiers and points”, I immediately get a pop-up window that says there is no Internet connection, try again. However I cannot try again because the pop-up simply comes back over and over, endlessly.

It isn’t a question of some cookie,  because clearing cookies makes no difference.

Turning the devices on and off, changing the website password, nothing works. 

it happens on all devices, including the ones in the Ilounge.  

The devices we are using all have verified Internet connections.  The pop-up window appears no matter what we do.

Does anyone have any idea how I can contact anyone who actually works on the website construction and maintenance?

By the way, under “ contact us” there is a number to call, Which is actually just a reservations phone number.  They listen politely and tell me that they will put in a trouble ticket, but nothing ever improves.

ideas?