Long-standing website problem….any way to contact them?

cruisestitch

I am going on eight months with this problem. I demonstrated it to the I-lounge staff on four different ships who all said that they had never seen it before.  They all communicated with shoreside staff but no one has been able to fix it. It happens on my devices and their devices.  They have even used their personal iPhones and were all able to replicate the problem.

Here is the issue. When I sign on to my Celebrity and go to “My tiers and points”, I immediately get a pop-up window that says there is no Internet connection, try again. However I cannot try again because the pop-up simply comes back over and over, endlessly.

It isn’t a question of some cookie,  because clearing cookies makes no difference.

Turning the devices on and off, changing the website password, nothing works. 

it happens on all devices, including the ones in the Ilounge.  

The devices we are using all have verified Internet connections.  The pop-up window appears no matter what we do.

Does anyone have any idea how I can contact anyone who actually works on the website construction and maintenance?

By the way, under “ contact us” there is a number to call, Which is actually just a reservations phone number.  They listen politely and tell me that they will put in a trouble ticket, but nothing ever improves.

ideas?

No—it happens at home as well as on ships.  It happens on my phone, my iPad, my laptop, the devices in the ILounge and even when we used phones and laptops which belonged to staff members as a test.

Edited by cruisestitch

I was able to access this on my MacBookPro both by going directly to that page by clicking on the dropdown from my name, and also going via the menu dropdowns. I am using Safari, if that makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

It's an API issue, not a device issue. What other people are using has no relevance. What happens when you try to go to the URL directly? Make sure you are logged in and not using a private/incognito tab or it won't work at all.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/my-captains-club/benefits 

I always use an Incognito window, then sign in and can see the "My Tiers" section. In fact using the Incognito window and signing in is the ONLY way I can consistently get the site to function smoothly. It is also necessary to remember to sign out of the site before closing the window.

Edited by Luvcrusn

2 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

It's an API issue, not a device issue. What other people are using has no relevance. What happens when you try to go to the URL directly? Make sure you are logged in and not using a private/incognito tab or it won't work at all.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/my-captains-club/benefits 

Same thing happens.  Here it is

E821B858-5175-49C5-A903-D7E5D75CF6D6.png

There are times when the internet is a strange thing. I cannot get emailed newsletters from a local company. We have done everything we can think of but they don't come through. My son, who uses all the same things as I do including our email provider, has no trouble at all. 

Although the fact that others were able to replicate it is odd given that many of us here have no trouble. 

To be humorous- it may be that you have an aura that muddles it up and that can be spread to others in your vicinity. Beyond that- no ideas. 

Actually-one idea. Can you go to the drop down menu (not the one from your name) and access the tiers and points from there? 

Edited by 5waldos

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I always use an Incognito window, then sign in and can see the "My Tiers" section. In fact using the Incognito window and signing in is the ONLY way I can consistently get the site to function smoothly. It is also necessary to remember to sign out of the site before closing the window.

That's because you have already signed in. The link I posted is checking to see if you are signed in and have a loyalty# in order to populate the Tiers page. If you go directly to that URL without a log in, it won't work on a private tab. 

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Same thing happens.  Here it is

Have you tried changing your account password? 

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Luvcrusn, I am not able to access that. It doesn’t matter what device and what search engine and what operating system is used. The drop-down menu leads to the pop-up box.

That's definitely frustrating. FWIW I just tried it using Chrome without opening an Incognito window. I signed in and was able to access the "My Tiers" section without getting the error you encountered. Then I signed out and accessed the site again using an Incognito window. I had no issues either way. I am going to say a grateful thank you to the powers that be and wish you a resolution to the issue. I have suffered many IT issues with the X site and know on a first hand basis how frustrating and infuriating they can be.  In the past when I've had issues that can't be resolved I contacted LLP's office and was connected to upper level customer service who were able to intervene and get help with the issue. I don't think we're allowed to give out the contact info, but I let Google help to find it in the first place.

Each time I showed this problem to onboard iLounge personnel, we changed the password. It had no effect. 

When I say that they could replicate the problem, they would hand me their own iPhone or iPad, I would check in with my credentials and password, and the pop-up will appear.

7 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

There are times when the internet is a strange thing. I cannot get emailed newsletters from a local company. We have done everything we can think of but they don't come through. My son, who uses all the same things as I do including our email provider, has no trouble at all. 

Although the fact that others were able to replicate it is odd given that many of us here have no trouble. 

Just to be clear, they were able to replicate it using my account and my password. Others using their own account and own password had no problem. It’s only my account as far as I can tell.

Edited by cruisestitch

N

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Just to be clear, they were able to replicate it using my account and my password. Others using their own account and on password had no problem. It’s only my account as far as I can tell.

Doesn't the ships iLounge team have a POC?

Edited by davekathy

Is it possible to change your sign-in name? That may require deleting your account and starting over but the information, or most of it, should be associated with your CC number.  It might be worth while if it solves the problem and reduces the aggravation. 

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Please tell me what POC is.  (Around here it means Piece of Crap but I am sure you are referring to something else)

Point Of Contact. I would think the ships iLounge team would have a shoreside contact for these kind of issues. 

I tried on my PC using Firfox and Chrome and kinda get the same results.   For me If fully loads the page showing my points and then continues to load things then I get the Warning.

The do have a line in contact us for Website Assistance but it points to the CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

I've never used that link.   What are you trying to do or see?    

8 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Is it possible to change your sign-in name? That may require deleting your account and starting over but the information, or most of it, should be associated with your CC number.  It might be worth while if it solves the problem and reduces the aggravation. 

Every time I asked one of the I lounge people if I should try such a drastic measure, they recommended against it. I’m not sure why. I also showed this problem to a fellow at guest relations who was said to be knowledgeable about the website and he said it was very risky since I could lose all my booked cruises and Captain’s Club stuff.

Edited by cruisestitch

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Point Of Contact. I would think the ships iLounge team would have a shoreside contact for these kind of issues. 

Ah.  Well, apparently not. They all can communicate with someone shoreside when they have issues about Internet and connectivity.  And they all put in trouble tickets about this issue on my behalf. But getting to the people who are  actual in charge of the website and the way it works, they all said that they had no direct contact with them.  

This message was consistent across all the ships. 

• Thanks 1

That’s what I was afraid of but I was hoping that somebody might have a way to communicate with the website people.

Now that I’m home, I guess I will try sending all of this information to LLP’s people in the corporate office.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I tried on my PC using Firfox and Chrome and kinda get the same results.   For me If fully loads the page showing my points and then continues to load things then I get the Warning.

The do have a line in contact us for Website Assistance but it points to the CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

I've never used that link.   What are you trying to do or see?    

So you see the same pop-up window and then you can’t go any further, is that correct?

10 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

You definitely aren't going to be able to talk to a developer. 

It's hard to understand what they're saying even if you do.  The Nomex/Kevlar full body suits kinda muffle the sound.