masks

Fayecruises

19 minutes ago, Fayecruises said:

Is Cunard still requiring masks onboard?  Carnival is not and they are part of the Carnival corporation

It should not be so much as which line does what as what risks need addressing -- and that should reflect  geography rather than brand.

• Like 3

As these days customers sue at the drop of a hat. Cruise lines will continue with measures to protect their passengers and minimise risk of disease spread. That way they can say they have gone over and above to mitigate risk and thus protect themselves from litigation. It then your responsibility whether you take notice of their guidance/rules. 

Interestingly, yes masks are required when walking about the inside of the ship, but dancing in Queens Room very rarely see mask wearing when dancing. However, to pay a visit to the cloakrooms, which is also within Queens Room you need to wear a mask to walk there. Maybe if you danced your way to the cloakrooms you need not wear a mask 😀

Edited by ovccruiser
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ovccruiser said:

Interestingly, yes masks are required when walking about the inside of the ship, but dancing in Queens Room very rarely see mask wearing when dancing. However, to pay a visit to the cloakrooms, which is also within Queens Room you need to wear a mask to walk there. Maybe if you danced your way to the cloakrooms you need not wear a mask 😀

Rather silly don't you think? Time to put away the masks until Halloween or the famous gala masked ball evenings.

• Like 3

From the 27 March Cruise questions - Frequently asked questions - Cunard Line 

Whilst we highly recommend that guests wear masks on board, they are only required in the theatre, cinema, or if you visit the medical centre. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and be of good quality (ideally medical grade). Re-usable masks should be washed regularly, and visors and face shields aren’t accepted as a substitute for a face mask.

Off the ship, masks are required during embarkation, disembarkation, and when using tender boats*. Some destinations may also require you to wear masks when ashore and we recommend taking one with you whenever you disembark the ship.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I'm surprised, indeed disappointed, they aren't continuing to require them in the lifts.

We will continue to wear masks when in the lifts. I consider the small enclosed areas to be the most important part of the ship in which to wear a mask and find the fact they're not on the compulsory list, incomprehensible.

Maybe it's an oversight. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Happy to see a return to normal. Now to eliminate testing and then we need to work on the return of assigned seating in the dining room for second seating. Traditional attire, I can deal with that by actually wearing traditional attire at all times.

• Like 2

Looking forward to continuing to demonstrate that I care about public health, the well-being of my fellow passengers, etc., by continuing to wear masks, avoid crowding into lifts, testing as directed (and more often than that), rather than clinging to the idea that if I wish hard enough for normal, infectious diseases will comply and disappear rather than continue to mutate and spread.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Fayecruises said:

I have severe hearing problems and even with aids I can;t communicate with people so I like this decision      

My spouse has a somewhat similar problem, but prefers difficulty hearing people to having them more likely to breathe germs over him. Swings and roundabouts.

• Like 4