National Cabinet outcome

"

National Cabinet discussed the resumption of cruises in Australia, noting that there are shared responsibilities for the resumption of cruises between the Commonwealth, states and territories. National Cabinet agreed that following a decision by the Commonwealth to lift the bio-security orders that currently prevent cruise ships from coming to Australia that states and the Northern Territory would then determine when recommencement of cruises would occur in each jurisdiction, consistent with the previous agreement of the National Cabinet of 5 November 2021.

The Commonwealth, New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland agreed to work with the industry to implement new protocols to enable the resumption of cruising over coming months."

In other words, NO CHANGE!

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

When do the updates release 🤔 

Updated now  - https://www.pm.gov.au/media/national-cabinet-statement-67 

Resumption of Cruising

National Cabinet noted positive progress by the eastern states and the cruise industry to develop appropriate health protocols and common guidelines to support a safe return to cruising in their jurisdictions over the coming months.

Next National Cabinet meeting will be in June.

Edited by Cruisegroover
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

Updated now  - https://www.pm.gov.au/media/national-cabinet-statement-67 

Resumption of Cruising

National Cabinet noted positive progress by the eastern states and the cruise industry to develop appropriate health protocols and common guidelines to support a safe return to cruising in their jurisdictions over the coming months.

Next National Cabinet meeting will be in June.

Don't believe they even discussed it.

Do you think maybe someone in a key position doesn't want it to happen?

13 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Don't believe they even discussed it.

Do you think maybe someone in a key position doesn't want it to happen?

I think there will be no clear way ahead for cruising until after the federal election.

3 hours ago, portcbob said:

Nothing has changed, no updated news to get excited about. Who really knows what the powers to be are thinking or considering. 

Nobody up there wants to sign off on it.  Fearful of another Ruby/Diamond disaster, not good for one's ministerial career.

Edited by NSWP

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Nobody up there wants to sign off on it.  Fearful of another Ruby/Diamond disaster, not good for one's ministerial career.

I think the restart will be after the flu season. September,October 

Even if we don’t have a bad flu season the hype will stop any cruises happen.

And as you said, the last thing we need is another Ruby Princess,even with a bad case of the cold and flu.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I reckon it's gone into the too hard basket. COVID weary committee just can't be bothered. 

32 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

My glass is half full , I'm going for June/July 2022.😇

It’s possible but let’s see if there’s much of a cold and flu season.

Iike we have lived with it before but we are run by hypochondriacs.

The eggheads are all ready calling for masks a QR code’s to be introduced again.

My guess is that the cruise ship ban will come off in April which is not really enough time for any of the regular cruise ships to get here before the election. Then if the current government gets in again they'll be able to ponce around saying how good is cruising. But if Labor get in and there isceven the shightest hint of any cases on a ship the LNP will ponce around blaming Labor letting those nasty petri dish cruise ships in. 🤔🙄🤬

• Like 3

How can there be another Ruby Princess disaster when only boosted vaxxed pax would be allowed to cruise?  With a negative RAT test.  And presumably social distancing on board.  Nightclubs, stadiums other crowded places are open, seems silly not to allow cruising.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mikamarii said:

Just my humble opinion and experience. 

In our neck of the woods we've gone through a few waves. Our city has had mandatory masking since 2020, distancing, qr codes etc. Only recently at the end of the omicron wave were things dropped. 

Our city has boasted a 95% mask compliance yet this last wave was 10x worse than any we've had. 

We have approx 2000 people at My work and we've  has mandatory masking, vaccination, work from home, etc. The unvaccinated can't use any facilities (boardrooms, gyms, lunchroom, etc) and have to have a neg RAT every 72 hrs to be in the building. We had our worse case numbers by far ever during this last wave. 

In our own household my wife tested positive 3 times through the course of 10 days. Myself and our 2 children didn't change any behaviors within our house, we were close, shared food, didnt wear masks in the house etc. We each took a test every 3 days and the rest of us were neg and no symptoms.  I'm triple vaxed, wife is double, and kids at the time were single. 

These are only small microsamples of the larger population  

We have a term at work we use called action imperative. Doing something for the sake of doing something.

I'm no doctor or scientist but dealing with people everyday I find that most need to see something tangible to believe somethings being done Regardless of what the outcome is. In the case of covid masks are that thing. An example People feel safer in a store with cameras when in realty a camera won't stop a crime. 

Most of the world has seen massive Spikes since omicron hit. I think the biggest disservice every government has done has sold the idea that we can eliminate any disease if we follow their direction. People have held this belief that if we do the things the govt has said we will be 100% safe and when it didn't happen then we need to blame the people that didn't follow the rules (since there cant be any other wxplination) when in reality the outcome quite possibly would have been similar. There is really no way to ever know because we can't go back and do it again keeping all variables the same. 

When the pandemic first hit I understood why things were done as we knew very little about what it was and how to combat it. As a local doctor recently said we have so much more knowledge now, vaccines, therapeutics, etc that restrictions aren't serving the same purpose they did 18 months ago. 

I feel that many people are now saying I've done everything asked of me and nothing has changed and losing stamina to keep doing the same things. 

We have a 2 month trip planned to australia and NZ in October and November including 2 cruises. We are just hoping and praying we can come visit these amazing countries. 

Well said.👍

On 3/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, Chiliburn said:

I think the restart will be after the flu season. September,October 

Even if we don’t have a bad flu season the hype will stop any cruises happen.

And as you said, the last thing we need is another Ruby Princess,even with a bad case of the cold and flu.

Ruby princess was caused by the NSW State Gvernment and that Brad Hazzard . . . not the Ruby.