What’s App on Celebrity WiFi?

twonpcb

Has anyone tried to use the What’s App on their WiFi?  We are headed to Antarctica next January and would like to keep in touch with family in case of an emergency.  We have a father/in-law in assisted living.  Anybody use it successfully?

I use it often and works perfect.   It is very popular in South America and we used it to communicate with our AirBnB host both before arrival in Buenos Aires as well as during our stay.    I have always had premium wifi and also use the wifi for FaceTime and Wifi Calling. 

• Like 2

Same here.  No issues using it .. We had to use it when traveling with our daughter and son.  Our daughter only had Android while our son and I had iPhones.  Found it very effective as a cross platform means of texting. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the internet with the Always included will work for a zoom meeting?

We want to do a proctored covid test the day before we disembark.  If it won't work for zoom, does anyone know the cost of upgrading our package for just the last day?  We really don't need it the rest of the cruise just for that video meeting the last day.

Thanks for any info.

1 hour ago, doodlefan said:

Does anyone know if the internet with the Always included will work for a zoom meeting?

We want to do a proctored covid test the day before we disembark.  If it won't work for zoom, does anyone know the cost of upgrading our package for just the last day?  We really don't need it the rest of the cruise just for that video meeting the last day.

Thanks for any info.

I would ask at guest relations if they can comp you a half hour of minutes to complete your test.  Just explain to them what you need it for.  

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Does it work with both levels of wi-fi or only the premium one?

What's app will work for both. I also use it in port with the free wifi although sometimes connection can be weak 

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I would ask at guest relations if they can comp you a half hour of minutes to complete your test.  Just explain to them what you need it for.  

Thanks, I might try that.  We'll book it for 4 pm on the last sea day and make sure we have the internet sorted out before that.

Incidentally, since you are Canadian, there is a company that is Canadian government approved that will Proctor your test.  You can even use the free BNTX Rapid Response tests that you can get at local pharmacy's and book an appointment to do the test,  $36 for 1 test and $60 for them to observe 2 tests.  It is cheaper and easier than waiting until disembarking morning.  They have a list on their site of the brands they will work with.  

Teletest Or Certify Your Test Service Offered Worldwide - Covid Test Express

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doodlefan said:

Thanks, I might try that.  We'll book it for 4 pm on the last sea day and make sure we have the internet sorted out before that.

Incidentally, since you are Canadian, there is a company that is Canadian government approved that will Proctor your test.  You can even use the free BNTX Rapid Response tests that you can get at local pharmacy's and book an appointment to do the test,  $36 for 1 test and $60 for them to observe 2 tests.  It is cheaper and easier than waiting until disembarking morning.  They have a list on their site of the brands they will work with.  

Teletest Or Certify Your Test Service Offered Worldwide - Covid Test Express

Thank you. I have several rapid response tests that I will take with me and use MedioneRX for proctor. They only charge $25 CAD. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doodlefan said:

Thanks for any info.

Upgrade rate is 1 hour package $34  and full day is $67.   If you Elite or above you will have free minutes you can use.

I'v always had premium internet so unable to answer if it will work on the basic plan. Hope someone will advise.

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Upgrade rate is 1 hour package $34  and full day is $67.   If you Elite or above you will have free minutes you can use.

I'v always had premium internet so unable to answer if it will work on the basic plan. Hope someone will advise.

Thanks,  We are Elite, so hopefully those minutes will cover it.  I think it's 90 minutes so we'll look into that.