Are Printed Fun Times gone?

bingo3

I understand the Fun Times can be accessed on the HUB app, but can you still pick up a printed copy at guest services? I like to plan ahead, highlight, etc. Old school here.....Sunshine is the ship

It's not the same as the old Fun Times, but it has pretty much the same information on it. They have them in several places around the ship - guest services, coffee shop, probably others I'm not thinking of. Basically everywhere you used to be able to get a copy of the FunTimes (except your stateroom obviously).

I hope they bring the Fun Times back. I tell them in every survey I can I want it back.

• Like 3

Was on the Sunshine in Feb and they did have a printout available at Java Blue with a list of the days activities. Not quite the Fun Times. It looked more like a handout you would get at school, but it still had the same info on it.

I also like to highlight and have a paper copy, but I tried this last cruise paperless and it was not bad. You can see in the hub app who in your group is interested in doing what things. It was kinda nice.

But I still miss the regular Fun Times as a souvenir.

To address your 2 factors of wanting to plan ahead and highlight things, you can still plan ahead and see days ahead on The Hub app. Instead of highlighting things, you simply click the heart by the activities you want to do. Then it will remind you when it's time for that activity so you don't have to worry about trying to remember it. Plus you can see what others in your group are interested in as well. 

• Thanks 1

I have been on two cruises, Freedom and Valor. An abbreviated printed version was available at the coffee shop and guest services while supplies lasted each day. People seem to be transitioning to the Hub easily. Menus are available in the MDR but I saw very few being used.

I would think that the abbreviated version that you can pick up is here to stay.  I doubt they will ever go back to the full versions in the cabin.  It has to cost an enormous amount of money to print the big versions and leave them in every cabin of every ship day after day.  Not to mention the wasted paper.  Personally, I prefer the app.  I didn't think I would, but the more I use it, I do.  You get the full week on the first day, so you can plan ahead for the week and not just the day.  You can like the events that you want to be a part of each day.  Then, you can go back and look at everything or just the events you have liked.  Not related to Fun Times, but I also love having the menus for the entire week available.

*sigh*  ...I have never, ever, carried my phone around on a ship.  I like turning it off, locking it in the safe, and forgetting about it.  Sailing Carnival for the first time in a long time, and not looking forward to having to use an app.  NCL has touchscreens around the ship where you can find activity & restaurant info - does Carnival have the same?  I'll be on the Vista in November.

• Like 4

On 3/12/2022 at 8:44 PM, bingo3 said:

I understand the Fun Times can be accessed on the HUB app, but can you still pick up a printed copy at guest services? I like to plan ahead, highlight, etc. Old school here.....Sunshine is the ship

You can still plan ahead in the app. Just mark each activity you want. I believe the app will even send you a reminder. 

11 hours ago, jazzydiver said:

*sigh*  ...I have never, ever, carried my phone around on a ship.  I like turning it off, locking it in the safe, and forgetting about it.  Sailing Carnival for the first time in a long time, and not looking forward to having to use an app.  NCL has touchscreens around the ship where you can find activity & restaurant info - does Carnival have the same?  I'll be on the Vista in November.

And there are still some of us who do not own a smartphone.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, Lee Cruiser said:

I would think that the abbreviated version that you can pick up is here to stay.  I doubt they will ever go back to the full versions in the cabin.  It has to cost an enormous amount of money to print the big versions and leave them in every cabin of every ship day after day.  Not to mention the wasted paper.  Personally, I prefer the app.  I didn't think I would, but the more I use it, I do.  You get the full week on the first day, so you can plan ahead for the week and not just the day.  You can like the events that you want to be a part of each day.  Then, you can go back and look at everything or just the events you have liked.  Not related to Fun Times, but I also love having the menus for the entire week available.

These are plusses for the digital version for sure. Just takes some getting used to I guess!