Cabin near stairs/elevators

PSahoy

The good news is I was assigned a midship cabin on Regatta. The bad news is it’s first one in from mid stairwell. Has anyone been in a cabin like that and have you been affected by passenger noise?  Maybe I can request guarantee status instead if it’s a problem. Thanks.

Ha!  I'm in 8047 on Regatta in two weeks and was also nervous about the noise/location.  I appreciate the feedback, and I've always found the cabins to be quiet thanks to the "white noise" of the ship's engines, etc.

Just now, Verokaren said:

Ha!  I'm in 8047 on Regatta in two weeks and was also nervous about the noise/location.  I appreciate the feedback, and I've always found the cabins to be quiet thanks to the "white noise" of the ship's engines, etc.

One of our favorite cabins - never had any noticeable noise from outside or above.   Love the quick run up the stairs to Terrace, Waves and the pool!

Edited by basor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Verokaren said:

I love the cabin and one side has a solid wall so you only have neighbors on one side..I have spent about 300 days in either 8049 or 8047..and I will be spending another 18 days in April..and 10 days in September

Jancruz1

• Like 2

No noise issues in my admittedly limited experience. We had the opportunity this morning to change our forward-located cabin on the 2024 ATW and told our TA to get the available cabin that was close to the aft stair tower on Insignia, which he did.

1 hour ago, su-arizona said:

Most noise I ever noticed were in cabins across from "blank" spaces in the deck plan.  Crew coming and going from those areas were more disruptive than the elevators.  The stairs are usually very quiet.

And you can never figure out where the access doors are located along those blank walls.  Most cabins across from them are quiet – but if you are opposite the door oh my!

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 12:02 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

And you can never figure out where the access doors are located along those blank walls.  Most cabins across from them are quiet – but if you are opposite the door oh my!

Only cruise line which shows access doors/housekeeping closet doors on deckplans is Regent AFAIK. Discovered it while booking a cruise on Mariner this summer. Perhaps the concept will  bleed over to Oceania.

News Alert:     Ships are made of metal.... metal transmits vibration and sound in all directions 

For passengers booked  the Mayflower, Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria...  no worries they are all wood and very sound proof. Your room service may be slower at times due to floggings on deck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can't recall ever having been on right by elevator or stairs (although on occasion we've been close) BUT our first two cruises on Renaissance (remember them?) were on the R2.  We were directly opposite the laundry rooms on Deck 7.  Never heard any noise.

On the second cruise I happened to open our door and discovered maybe a dozen people congregating in the hall as if it were cocktail hour.  They were all waiting for their laundry to be done and chatting away.  We didn't hear anything at all until I opened the door.

Now, the ships were a lot newer back then ... Don't know if that would be a factor to consider.

Mura

• 1 month later...

Please, does anyone have a memory or a record of which cabins on Oceania’s R-class ships (Insignia, Sirena, Regatta, Nautical), PH on deck 8, have doors that open directly to the stair and elevator lobby? From the deck plan it appears it’s 8044 and 8047, but I can’t tell for sure. I like to be near the elevator, but not necessarily right on the elevator lobby. Thank you!

On 3/13/2022 at 7:56 PM, Jancruz said:

I love the cabin and one side has a solid wall so you only have neighbors on one side..I have spent about 300 days in either 8049 or 8047..and I will be spending another 18 days in April..and 10 days in September

Jancruz1

Jancruz, what do you mean about a solid walk next to 8047…..explain? Which side? Thanks!

13 hours ago, kahuna21 said:

Please, does anyone have a memory or a record of which cabins on Oceania’s R-class ships (Insignia, Sirena, Regatta, Nautical), PH on deck 8, have doors that open directly to the stair and elevator lobby? From the deck plan it appears it’s 8044 and 8047, but I can’t tell for sure. I like to be near the elevator, but not necessarily right on the elevator lobby. Thank you!

Bear in mind that those rooms aren't quite as close to the elevators as the deck plans make them out to be. 

On 3/13/2022 at 5:13 PM, PSahoy said:

The good news is I was assigned a midship cabin on Regatta. The bad news is it’s first one in from mid stairwell. Has anyone been in a cabin like that and have you been affected by passenger noise?  Maybe I can request guarantee status instead if it’s a problem. Thanks.

We had a Concierge cabin right off the elevator. No noise issues at all. This was on Riviera Jan. 14 cruise.