This is the best news!!

57 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am puzzled by your comments. P&O has announced their cruises will start in May. We have sufficient people wanting to cruise that international visitors are not required if there are only a few ships operating out of Australian ports. I refer to the fact that P&O always had two or three ships operating here and NEVER marketed their cruises overseas.

When a few cruise lines have ships operating, we will need international visitors to make up the numbers. The government's announcement referred to welcoming international visitors via cruise ship.

The ships are coming, whether you like it or not. In addition to P&O, Princess has announced domestic cruises starting in June and Royal Caribbean has announced that cruising will start a few months later - our usual cruising season.

Well said!

Isn't it wonderful how people who don't live here, and who very obviously no nothing about the cruise market here, and who if they ever did cruise here must have done so only in peak tourist season, are self-styled experts on our cruise market? 🤔🙄 NOT! 🤬🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

On 3/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, doenbucket said:

Just received an email cancelling our Feb 2023 NZ cruise. This is attempt number 4 for NZ. Not sure we'll ever get there. Received offers to change to another departure date, but might just cancel.☹️

What date in February ?I have one booked on the Coral in Feb 23

Cheers Carole

Don't get too excited - and don't believe any cruiselines promised cruise dates or itineraries until you see them actually happening. Plans are not actions! The Commonwealth Govt and Qld Govt statements are very welcome -  but Queensland is not Australia. Relax and wait and see what happens further to these two very skinny announcements. 

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Don't get too excited - and don't believe any cruiselines promised cruise dates or itineraries until you see them actually happening. Plans are not actions! The Commonwealth Govt and Qld Govt statements are very welcome -  but Queensland is not Australia. Relax and wait and see what happens further to these two very skinny announcements. 

I agree Barry, the cruise lines have to get the ships here and the State Governments could put a hold on cruising anytime.