Is Wonder the only Ship that has Pool Movie Screen over Central Park?

47 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's acceptable/desired in the Asian market?

Some Asian countries like the music LOUD.  If RC will have this ship for USA market they will need to re-think about this LOUD LOUD stuffs.  

Princess cruise came up with the Movie Under the Stars first the people thought it was a wonderful idea after while it was not so because the same old stuffs are showing over and over.

54 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

Some Asian countries like the music LOUD.

Possibly....but why would they have also made the music and PA system on the pool deck absolutely deafening on Oasis when it came back from being amplified ?  @twangsterwas on that cruise with us and he can attest....the noise ALL over the ship, including in Central Park, was unbearable.  The noise was so loud and the echoes so pronounced that you couldn't understand a word they were saying.  They finally attenuated the noise level some but I've often wondered if they did it just b/c we complained (and I don't just mean US, but many, many pax on that cruise) or if they lowered it permanently.

16 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Possibly....but why would they have also made the music and PA system on the pool deck absolutely deafening on Oasis when it came back from being amplified ?  @twangsterwas on that cruise with us and he can attest....the noise ALL over the ship, including in Central Park, was unbearable.  The noise was so loud and the echoes so pronounced that you couldn't understand a word they were saying.  They finally attenuated the noise level some but I've often wondered if they did it just b/c we complained (and I don't just mean US, but many, many pax on that cruise) or if they lowered it permanently.

I think they disconnected some speakers.  It was bad.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I've mentioned the volume and screens every cruise I've been on since they started putting up the screens, but they don't seem to listen.  Perhaps if they could if turned down the volume?

I mention the volume on my surveys also.   It's not just the movie screens, but the volume in the shows, the bars,  the "piped in" music and announcements....everything.  Does the ship think we are all deaf?  

I have good hearing, so it's really bad for me...but the DH is mostly deaf, takes out his hearing aids and it is still too loud for him!  😮 

It was especially bad on Odyssey last month.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I mention the volume on my surveys also.   It's not just the movie screens, but the volume in the shows, the bars,  the "piped in" music and announcements....everything.  Does the ship think we are all deaf?  

I have good hearing, so it's really bad for me...but the DH is mostly deaf, takes out his hearing aids and it is still too loud for him!  😮 

I think its to get the "party" environment going and keep people drinking, but it is exhausting some places. I understand a Caribbean band for a few hours on the pool deck, but the blaring Chive TV videos and DJ mix music outdoors to the point you can't even read a book or talk to somebody beside you is so bad. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I think its to get the "party" environment going and keep people drinking, but it is exhausting some places. I understand a Caribbean band for a few hours on the pool deck, but the blaring Chive TV videos and DJ mix music outdoors to the point you can't even read a book or talk to somebody beside you is so bad. 

Indeed it is bad and getting worse. 😲

• Like 2

You know, they could expand the concept of "silent dance parties" to the outdoor movie venue and offer Bluetooth headphones to those who wish to watch and listen to a movie while not disrupting those of us who seek a bit of peace & quiet poolside.  

On Oasis the outdoor movie was at the Aqua Theatre and that seemed okay.  I do remember one movie being shown on Freedom at the pool, but I don't recall it being incredibly loud.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2022 at 10:35 AM, twangster said:

The good news is that it is fixable.  If they limit movies so they end before 9pm when shows let out and people shift to Central Park to enjoy late evening it is possible to accommodate both the folks who want a pool deck movie and peaceful Central Park @ night.   

I agree,but then you have loud noise while many are trying to take advantage of dining outside at Chops and Giovonni's and being entertained by the violinist or guitarist.  It really is a dilemma. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I agree,but then you have loud noise while many are trying to take advantage of dining outside at Chops and Giovonni's and being entertained by the violinist or guitarist.  It really is a dilemma. 

Indeed, and is not how RCI wanted the atmosphere at night in Central Park to be.  Somebody really messed up.  I still think it was the way the ship was designed for the Asian market.  Guess they like that kind of noise.  😮 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

It was especially bad on Odyssey last month.  

Agree.  I was on Odyssey 2/6 and 2/12 sailings.  Everything was loud.  Even the "boom box" by the Windjammer check in station was blaring every time we went in.  Unnecessary.  While no central park on Quantum class, they did have a daily movie running by the pool.  It was very annoying to me.  I would have much rather had music than movie re-runs while trying to enjoy the ocean and the pool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

Agree.  I was on Odyssey 2/6 and 2/12 sailings.  Everything was loud.  Even the "boom box" by the Windjammer check in station was blaring every time we went in.  Unnecessary.  While no central park on Quantum class, they did have a daily movie running by the pool.  It was very annoying to me.  I would have much rather had music than movie re-runs while trying to enjoy the ocean and the pool.

Same time I was on!  Yes, terribly loud everywhere.  No escape from it.  I did very distinctly mention that in my exit survey.  😉 

17 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

It's just horrible all the way around.  We will not sail on Wonder or any ship that destroys the ambiance of Central Park that way.  Ugh.

I thought that I was just getting old, because I can’t stand how loud it is in the ships and on the pool deck.  It hurts my ears.  I’ve gotten to wearing ear plugs in some areas of the ships. I never sit on the pool deck, it’s too loud.

We always loved the peacefulness of Central Park, with the piano player and this is so sad that they ruined it. I missed the video by twangster but I would like to see it, we’re booked on Wonder later this year (they replaced our Harmony cruise).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

Wow! That’s awful, it makes me want to change ships. I was excited when they changed our ship from Harmony,  now I’m not so thrilled.  
I see Central Park was mostly empty, I wonder if the loudness could be part of the reason. Was the piano player there at all?

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

Thank you for posting this. It is truly dreadful —— not your excellent video, but the ambiance of CP. If I had paid to eat at Chops and was outside with that noise, I would ask for a refund.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I thought that I was just getting old, because I can’t stand how loud it is in the ships and on the pool deck.  It hurts my ears.  I’ve gotten to wearing ear plugs in some areas of the ships. I never sit on the pool deck, it’s too loud.

We always loved the peacefulness of Central Park, with the piano player and this is so sad that they ruined it. I missed the video by twangster but I would like to see it, we’re booked on Wonder later this year (they replaced our Harmony cruise).

Obviously we are not alone.   If we all get together and stress our sentiment about the loud everything in our exit surveys...maybe it will make a difference.  🙂 

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Obviously we are not alone.   If we all get together and stress our sentiment about the loud everything in our exit surveys...maybe it will make a difference.  🙂 

Take it down completely, who needs a TV on the pool deck anyway. It's annoying when you are trying to enjoy the ocean views.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, RFerrington said:

I was on the Oasis in October in a CP balcony on deck 14.  I didn't notice any loud noise up there.  I was surprised at how loud the music was in the Aqua 80 show in the Aqua Theater though.  The volume made me think it was for the younger crowd.