CELEBRITY APP

mauimary

1 minute ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks Jim, I am pleased to hear that. I know a lot of folks like access to the planners on the phone, but we are old school and enjoy going over them each night before lights out, highlighted tomorrow's events that are of interest to us. I have no problem with all these "smart phone" apps until they are the only way to see things like the daily planners.

Doug

Someone posted on the Royal Caribbean board that the mail was discontinued on the ship they were on. Seems like at least one cruise lines is testing the waters.

4 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks Jim, I am pleased to hear that. I know a lot of folks like access to the planners on the phone, but we are old school and enjoy going over them each night before lights out, highlighted tomorrow's events that are of interest to us. I have no problem with all these "smart phone" apps until they are the only way to see things like the daily planners.

Doug

I have to agree -  the phone app has its purpose but I find you have to do a lot of scrolling to see all the events  while you can just eyeball it on the paper .

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

We like underlining and starring items on the next day’s list and She carries that with her. But I found that selecting items in the app to be included in my personal calendar on the app provides a reminder that the paper version just doesn’t do. Both ways are good, I agree that I would not want to go only to the app. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Someone posted on the Royal Caribbean board that the mail was discontinued on the ship they were on. Seems like at least one cruise lines is testing the waters.

I think it was Carnival or Princess that might have done the same. We have had so many cruises canceled in the last 6-8 months that I cannot keep them all straight.

Doug

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

We got all the nightly mail during our January sailing on Liberty of the Seas, but that's as much as I can comment on the matter.

I do know that all the lines would love to cut back on the amount of printing they do for a number of reasons.  Even on Silversea, the "newspapers" that used to show up are now by request, but they are on the (web based) "app."

11 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We got all the nightly mail during our January sailing on Liberty of the Seas, but that's as much as I can comment on the matter.

I do know that all the lines would love to cut back on the amount of printing they do for a number of reasons.  Even on Silversea, the "newspapers" that used to show up are now by request, but they are on the (web based) "app."

I can encourage all cruise lines to "save more trees" by put the ads on the apps and keep printing the daily planners!😎 I too like to get a copy of the "news", even if it's from the library or the purser's office. Those seem to be available less each time I cruise.

On 3/14/2022 at 1:41 PM, jelayne said:

Checking on on the app makes it easy to do the photo, upload the vaccine record and passport and  select your boarding time.   We also use the menus for the various dining rooms.

Does anyone have experience checking in a group of 4 (2 cabins) if you don't have a copy of their vaccine cards at the time of check-in?  Can you check-in and upload later or do you need do to have vax cards and photos at the time of check-in?  Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Inspirazione said:

Does anyone have experience checking in a group of 4 (2 cabins) if you don't have a copy of their vaccine cards at the time of check-in?  Can you check-in and upload later or do you need do to have vax cards and photos at the time of check-in?  Thanks!

You can choose arrival times on the app without doing anything else, and then you can go back later and finish.  That's only on the app, though. 

2 hours ago, Inspirazione said:

Yes you can change and  upload anytime up until 48 hours before cruising.   You can also just present it at the pier.

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I didn’t find the app at all useful to order food, as it doesn’t display food intolerances.I had to ask for a paper menu so that I could see the symbols, as I am Dairy Intolerant.

Oh, that's a good point. I have also been using the paper menu to order off of, even though I don't have any food allergies. But I do rely heavily on the app to determine where to go for a meal.

I have a funny quirk.   I love Ice Cream and have it most nights for desert,  on the MDR menu they have a couple daily special with additional choices.    Luminae and Blu don't have them listed.    I use to ask the waiter every night and he would have to run and find our (honestly if someone asked me the same question every night for 14-30 days  I think I would check beforehand) .      Now I just check the MDR menu Desert Menu and I'm good.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have a funny quirk.   I love Ice Cream and have it most nights for desert,  on the MDR menu they have a couple daily special with additional choices.    Luminae and Blu don't have them listed.    I use to ask the waiter every night and he would have to run and find our (honestly if someone asked me the same question every night for 14-30 days  I think I would check beforehand) .      Now I just check the MDR menu Desert Menu and I'm good.  

Fortunately for me, I live a simple life. Almost always in the MDR I pass on the flavored ice creams etc. Every night I say “decaf coffee, one scoop vanilla ice cream.” By night three or four, the Asst. Waiter repeats along with me, “decaf coffee, one scoop vanilla ice cream.” I do occasionally surprise them when apple pie a la mode is on offer. If I were dining in one of the other venues, my request would be the same.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

What drives me even more crazy: Why are Solstice and Eclipse not supported?

One reason is because they are currently not in service.   

Some say it is due to the fact that the ships have not gone through revolution.     I could be wrong but I thought they were on the App prior to shut down.    I guess we will see for sure once they come out of cold storage.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Anyone else having problems with the app?  Out of three upcoming cruises (June, July, December this year) only the second cruise appears. I’ve deleted and reinstalled it twice so have given up with it. 

My Alaska cruise on the Eclipse in July just recently came up on the app, today it seems to have taken another step forward as I can now click on my booking and see somethings.   It still is not fully functioning yet but it is making progress.    

23 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Anyone else having problems with the app?  Out of three upcoming cruises (June, July, December this year) only the second cruise appears. I’ve deleted and reinstalled it twice so have given up with it. 

We were.  All our cruises now appear on the app but the only ones we can look at are the two that are paid for. We however cannot do anything with the app other than look at what ports we are in each day.   The dinner reservations that we made on the website appear on the app on the calendar but that’s about it.   We can also see the restaurants.   This app is most definitely not a working app! 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:59 AM, Jim_Iain said:

One reason is because they are currently not in service.   

Some say it is due to the fact that the ships have not gone through revolution.     I could be wrong but I thought they were on the App prior to shut down.    I guess we will see for sure once they come out of cold storage.

My June 17 cruise on Solstice shows up in app. now.