Cost of using pool in spa area?

jonthomas

Guess I am too lazy to google it.

Anyone know what it is?

We are sailing this week across the Atlantic and it will be too cold to use the outdoor pool

I know concierge level includes the indoor pool. Alas we are in an outside cabin, non concierge, so wondering if upgrading to Concierge is worth it just for the 

aqua mar spa pool.

12 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Guess I am too lazy to google it.

Anyone know what it is?

We are sailing this week across the Atlantic and it will be too cold to use the outdoor pool

I know concierge level includes the indoor pool. Alas we are in an outside cabin, non concierge, so wondering if upgrading to Concierge is worth it just for the 

aqua mar spa pool.

Indoor pool??

Which ship are you referring to?

GC

If you are in Concierge Veranda or above staterooms, there is no charge but if not, I recall it was about $30 a day. 
We are finishing our Marina Caribbean cruise and Riviera is also, both ships will be readied for their Transatlantic on the 18 and 19th.  We are hearing Marina was scheduled to sail with over 1,000+ but there have been cancellations and the passenger count is down into the 900’s. We have not heard any news on what Riviera is sailing with but more than likely in the same range but she is on a longer and more port intensive itinerary to Rome. 
Our 12 day voyage on Sirena/Marina has been fantastic, just over 400 and definitely lots of elbow room everywhere. O Club Ambassadors Party tonight and tomorrow night, about 350 repeaters and 50+ first timers. It should be a nice gathering both nights. 
Ciao,

Mauibabes,

• Like 1

I guess if the Concierge Upsale was not worth it, then our Penthouse upgrade would not be to your liking.  On a 20 day TA we have found the PH’s to be wonderful but that is just MHO. I am afraid I have created a LUX monster in my wife after accepting some PH upgrades in the past, now I can’t sell her on Concierge. So much for the kids inheritance 🤪💵.

Bottom line, just have a great cruise. 
Mauibabes

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Have never been in a Penthouse. Would not like a butler. That would really bother me. Like to be left alone. LoL...

but you are right...very hard to go back to having less....

You don't have to use the Butler.

If what you want is to be "left alone", then just say so.  And emphasize that you really mean it.

(But you might want to double check how they can enhance a cruise before dismissing all such services.)

However, the PH suites themselves are really great.  We think they are among the best use of space, and that includes a balcony that is wide enough for two loungers.  (Yup, just ask... another way to use the Butler's services.  We were docked across from one of the smaller Oceania ships in some Caribbean port, and I noticed someone in that PH had two loungers crammed into their balcony.  "If *they* can fit them in, then surely *we* can fit them in!" 😁 )

That "walk-in closet" has so much space, but mostly, it makes it so very easy to keep the suite looking tidy.  Heh.  Just shove everything in that closet... [insert embarrassed face emoticon!]

For us, one of the main services we use of the Butler is to have meals from a Specialty restaurant in our suite, if we can't get a reservation, or if we are just tired.  That is a real treat.  We have several favorites (hope they are still offered whenever we finally get back to cruising!), and just wish there were local restaurants with the same offerings.

Also, good that you are on the Riviera IF you want to use the Therapy Pool.  That is the large one.  On the Marina, it's two smaller hot tubs.  We've not yet been on the Marina, so I don't know exactly how spacious those are... or not...

Oh, sigh... to be back to cruising again.............

GC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Have never been in a Penthouse. Would not like a butler. That would really bother me. Like to be left alone. LoL...

but you are right...very hard to go back to having less....

Yeah.  I get it.  When we first started cruising on lines with butlers, I just wanted to be left alone.  Gradually I've gotten, if not used to it, then acquiescent.  IF you tell them to leave you alone, they almost always will.  Just outline your expectations (and emphasize the lack thereof) in the beginning when he introduces himself.

The space and comfort of the Oceania PH's is worth it to us (particularly as we tend to cruise for 4 weeks at a time).  Our last cruise on O (Nov 2021) we had the best butler we've ever had.  Kind, thoughtful, unobtrusive and just generally so helpful without making us feel like.... we're playing the part of useless aristocrats in the upstairs portion of Gosford Park.  Then he left the ship, and we were stuck with the worst butler we've had on any line for the TA to Miami.  You would have loved him though - completely absent - not even based on the same floor.  And not at all helpful when I actually NEEDED him and ran into utter incompetence on everyone's part with the plans for my husband's 75th birthday.  

Here are my thoughts on concierge class.  We sailed that category for a month on our first O cruise, which was on Marina.  I HATED the closet.  You couldn't open one side of the sliders because it jammed up against the nightstand, and consequently were constantly pawing through the thing looking for stuff that got shoved to the back left.  I got the concierge class initially for the concierge lounge, so I could sneak out very, very early for a cappuccino without waking my husband.  Not necessary, because horizons lounge on the top deck opens earlier (5:30 or thereabouts).  I also thought the laundry would be a nice perk, till we used it for the first time, and I've not sent a single thing out since then.  Now we book forward to be near the self-service laundry (and yes, to be nearer Horizon lounge for coffee).

Lastly, I think if you were sailing on Riviera then C class might make sense.  Even though it's outside, the thalassotherapy pool in the spa is very nice, and would be quite useable in questionable weather.  On Marina it's just a hot tub.

And what Geezer Couple said about the luxury of getting specialty restaurant food served in your PH suite.  Nothing quite like miso-glazed sea bass served to you in your yoga pants, wet hair from the shower and fuzzy socks on your aching feet after a very long day in port.
  • Like 2

Even if you don't want to dine in your cabin, the Butler can get you extra reservations in the specialty restaurants.  We had signed up for 1 each pre-cruise, and our Butler was able to get us another round – I believe that if we had asked he could have completed the set for all 14 nights!

33 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Yeah.  I get it.  When we first started cruising on lines with butlers, I just wanted to be left alone.  Gradually I've gotten, if not used to it, then acquiescent.  IF you tell them to leave you alone, they almost always will.  Just outline your expectations (and emphasize the lack thereof) in the beginning when he introduces himself.

The space and comfort of the Oceania PH's is worth it to us (particularly as we tend to cruise for 4 weeks at a time).  Our last cruise on O (Nov 2021) we had the best butler we've ever had.  Kind, thoughtful, unobtrusive and just generally so helpful without making us feel like.... we're playing the part of useless aristocrats in the upstairs portion of Gosford Park.  Then he left the ship, and we were stuck with the worst butler we've had on any line for the TA to Miami.  You would have loved him though - completely absent - not even based on the same floor.  And not at all helpful when I actually NEEDED him and ran into utter incompetence on everyone's part with the plans for my husband's 75th birthday.  

Here are my thoughts on concierge class.  We sailed that category for a month on our first O cruise, which was on Marina.  I HATED the closet.  You couldn't open one side of the sliders because it jammed up against the nightstand, and consequently were constantly pawing through the thing looking for stuff that got shoved to the back left.  I got the concierge class initially for the concierge lounge, so I could sneak out very, very early for a cappuccino without waking my husband.  Not necessary, because horizons lounge on the top deck opens earlier (5:30 or thereabouts).  I also thought the laundry would be a nice perk, till we used it for the first time, and I've not sent a single thing out since then.  Now we book forward to be near the self-service laundry (and yes, to be nearer Horizon lounge for coffee).

Lastly, I think if you were sailing on Riviera then C class might make sense.  Even though it's outside, the thalassotherapy pool in the spa is very nice, and would be quite useable in questionable weather.  On Marina it's just a hot tub.

And what Geezer Couple said about the luxury of getting specialty restaurant food served in your PH suite.  Nothing quite like miso-glazed sea bass served to you in your yoga pants, wet hair from the shower and fuzzy socks on your aching feet after a very long day in port.

As Jazzbeau mentioned, the Butler can also assist with extra meals *in* the Specialties.  We've done that, too.  As long as we were flexible about the timing, there was usually not a problem.  But if there was, then, in the suite! 🙂 

Now, Kate-AHF:  You have us intrigued.  We've never tried having the sea bass served to us in our yoga pants, but we're game...! 🤣

GC

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Now, Kate-AHF:  You have us intrigued.  We've never tried having the sea bass served to us in our yoga pants, but we're game...! 🤣

GC

How do they get the sea bass into the pants???

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

That's what we just cannot wait to find out! 😉 

GC

it comes that way instead of wrapped in the hoba leaf.  Much more comfortable for the sea bass.  and clearly, they only need one fuzzy sock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Here are my thoughts on concierge class.  We sailed that category for a month on our first O cruise, which was on Marina.  I HATED the closet.  You couldn't open one side of the sliders because it jammed up against the nightstand, and consequently were constantly pawing through the thing looking for stuff that got shoved to the back left. 

Wow  You could not ask the cabin attendants to move the nightstand ??

The problem we have with the closet doors is that they rattle  a bit  with the seas

We stick a piece of cardboard in them when not in use

JMO

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Wow  You could not ask the cabin attendants to move the nightstand ??

The problem we have with the closet doors is that they rattle  a bit  with the seas

We stick a piece of cardboard in them when not in use

JMO

Move the nightstand to where, exactly?  There is no room, and I'm not putting my eyeglasses on the floor while I sleep.  I can do that in a Motel 6.  Why am I not allowed to hate that closet?

Edited by Kate-AHF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kate-AHF said:

Move the nightstand to where, exactly?  There is no room, and I'm not putting my eyeglasses on the floor while I sleep.  I can do that in a Motel 6.

just have them move the stand an inch away from the closet

Have never had a cabin where the nightstand was up so close to the closet doors  🤔

• Like 1

Just now, LHT28 said:

just have them move the stand an inch away from the closet

Have never had a cabin where the nightstand was up so close to the closet doors  🤔

Clearly, your experience and mine do not align.

9 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Clearly, your experience and mine do not align.

clearly 🙄

Usually the nightstand is a few inches from the closet

I usually put my sandals between the nightstand & closet 

I am sure if you mentioned the problem to housekeeping it would have been resolved

JMO

13 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

The small clock is on the nightstand, which is jammed up against the closet, leaving one unable to utilize that side.

marina-veranda-stateroom-4-1238x696.webp

Could the Cabin attendants inch the bed a bit more away from the closet?  I don't think it's  bolted down.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, jonthomas said:

... We are sailing [Riviera] this week across the Atlantic and it will be too cold to use the outdoor pool. I know concierge level includes the indoor pool. Alas we are in an outside cabin, non concierge, so wondering if upgrading to Concierge is worth it just for the aqua mar spa pool.

Wife & I were A4 Deck 9 Concierge Veranda on Riviera 12/13-23/21 in the W. Caribbean. While the bottle of champagne and O bag were nice, the two benefits we most enjoyed were the (1) Spa Terrace and (2) Concierge Lounge. But we made lots of stops. Enjoyed going down to the lounge 2 or 3 times daily to get something to drink or a snack. And talked to the Concierge a couple times about port calls. IF you use the Spa Terrace w/pool a lot, then the upgrade might just be worth it, esp. if you really want some "water" time. The temperature is nice, the spa pool pretty good size, but others may think same on your voyage and crowd it. There were some nice loungers in the area, with a good view forward, shielded behind plexiglass..

• Like 1